IGNORED

::: Berkeley Reference DAC - Near New

The Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series is simply one of the best DACs available, often called a "breakthrough product." The Berkeley Reference DAC I'm selling now is little used and in pristine condition. It's the Series One version, which has gotten rave reviews from Chris here at Computer Audiophile and from Absolute Sound.

This unit is eligible for the new Series Two upgrade for only $3.5K. So at my selling price, you could upgrade it to the $19.5K Series Two for little more than $15K -- and save over $4K.

As in Chris's preview of the Series Two: "[it offers] sonically important updates to the digital side of the DAC, with most of the upgrade revolving around the analog section...Based on my several hours with the Alpha DAC Reference Series 2, I can say I heard my music like never before."

And as the Absolute Sound wrote about the Series Two: "[it] delivers significantly better sound quality than its predecessor, and in ways that matter the most to musical enjoyment."

And whether or not you upgrade this unit, Berkeley will offer a MQA software update for either this Series One or an upgraded Series Two DAC later this year. And your unit need not be returned to the factory for the MQA upgrade.

Price now = $11,800 plus shipping & insurance

Two photos here, more available, questions quickly answered.

Dave, who says his overbuying can become your great bargain

berkeley_ref_dac_01.jpg

berkeley_ref_dac_02.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris has now done a full review of the Berkeley Reference DAC Series Two: LINK.

This Series One I'm selling can be completely upgraded to the Series Two. As Chris wrote: "Objectively there will be no difference between an RS1 upgraded to RS2 spec and a DAC that started its life as an RS2."

A few more quick excerpts from the review:

• The Alpha DAC Reference Series 2 is easily Berkeley Audio Design's finest work to date and a reference by which other DACs will be measured.
  • [T]he Berkeley Audio Design Reference Series 2 really brings out the truth in every recording.
  • The upgrade from Series 1 to Series 2 is much more than an incremental adjustment of the number at the end of the DAC's name.
  • Effortless transparency, 3D imaging, and a massive amount of air around artists and their instruments are hallmarks of the Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 2.

Dave, who notes the obvious that RS1 and RS2 are the same as Reference Series One and Reference Series Two

Music is love, made audible.