IGNORED

Software to convert Iso sacd images to dsf

angelo

As title said, what is the best iso to dsf converter?

I've tried the foobar software to convert, and I've found that the size of iso and the single traks dsf extracted is the same...but...I knew dsf was smaller than the iso...

any suggest?

Thanks

AA

I've tried the foobar software to convert, and I've found that the size of iso and the single traks dsf extracted is the same...but...I knew dsf was smaller than the iso...

any suggest?

Thanks

AA

I like TraX by ByteWizard for $35. It is RAM-hungry and a bit slow, but does a good job, with lots of features and user customizations.

TRAX Audio SACD Extractor

Which foobar extension did you use to convert ISO to DSF?

foo_input_sacd allows conversion to PCM only.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
I like TraX by ByteWizard for $35. It is RAM-hungry and a bit slow, but does a good job, with lots of features and user customizations.

TRAX Audio SACD Extractor

I've been using TraX for a long time and love it. The developer continues to support it with updates/improvements which is always a plus.

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

I been using Trax to convert ISO to PCM. Slow but makes perfect files.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

For SACD rips, the issue was to avoid the non zero offset at track transition (mouthful) and initially used ISO2DSD from Sonore. I tried Bogi's software which works very well, converting DFF to DSF to avoid the click.

The click was still there even over several DACs, but traced this to HQ Player, A+ works like a dream, no clicks at all.

To convert an album of 60 minutes natural length takes about what 20-30 seconds from the ISO to DSF using Bogi method. It's not long to wait and the metadata is very easy to clean up, just to add the artwork is about it, all done. Windows only far as I know.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Thanks...do they accept multiple iso at the same time? Or just one and then another?

dsf file of a sacd is smaller than the iso?

Only one at a time, but if you could write a simple batch file, you could rip one ISO after the other. I'm not that smart though.

Since SACD often contain MCH and sometimes compressed formats, it's often difficult to tell if the sum of all dsf/dff = 1 ISO.

If you need an estimation of size of a drive, DSD64 is 42.8MB/min of 2CH audio average.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Thanks...do they accept multiple iso at the same time? Or just one and then another?
ISO2DSD will let you put in lists of ISOs or, I believe, entire directories of them. Just make sure you direct the output DSFs to where you want them.

dsf file of a sacd is smaller than the iso?
Since the ISO contains both the stereo and multichannel tracks (if they exist), extracting both will definitely result in larger files. Most of the time, extracting just the MCH files will, too.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb ram@800mhz @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

• 4 months later...

I have a question to Trax Audio extractor.

1) Can someone say what ist the cuttend Version?

2) I have Download the free Version and I have changed the gain in some steps. But I have no hear some effects of loudness.

Can someone explain this to me?

Trank you!

Klemens

any suggest?

ISO to DSF conversion have several features:

1. Probably clicks between tracks and ways for suppressing the clicks

Converting ISO to DSF via intermediate DFF may solve only 1 reason among several other reasons of clicks.

2. Resampling D64 to D128 and above.

3. Normalizing (maximising to 0 dB) peak audio level per album for maximal using dynamic range of DAC and avoiding overloading distortions.

4. Manual gain control.

5. Seamless conversion (for resampling and any processing 1-bit audio) all album tracks (all tracks converted as single audio stream) for avoiding transient processes at track borders. May be useful for gapless playback.

6. Export metadata and assigning album artwork before conversion. Adjusting artwork size for limitations of some audio players. Auto creating output directory structure by performer, year, album name.

7. Batch converting of several ISOs.

8. Under Windows work with national encodings in metadata and target DSF file names.

9. Downmixing 5.1 to stereo for some audio players and systems.

10. Extracting multichannel/stereo/[only multichannel]/[only stereo] by user option from exists into ISO.

11. Skiping pauses on/off.

For points 1 - 5, 9 caused noise/distortion level and robustness to overload in output DSF files depend on used sigma-delta modulator in converter.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

Is there a sonic difference between ISO and DSF if you are using Jriver to play the Sacd Iso files?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

No sonic difference. The big advantage of DSF is that you can change the metadata.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

• 4 years later...
10 minutes ago, stanzani said:

what should I do??

If you follow the instructions :

download http://dsd.sonore.us/iso2dsd_gui.jar.zip

then

download https://github.com/EuFlo/sacd-ripper/releases (select the version according to your OS … at the bottom of the page click on Assets)

unzip both files and put everything in the same folder

then

Windows Usage

• Double click on iso2dsd_gui.jar

Stefano

My audio system