IGNORED

Active Kef LS50

If they are using 200 watts for the woofer in an active configuration, you now know why all of us having used the LS50 say you need much more amp than you think you might.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Computer Audiophile mobile app

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

By the way: The KEF Blade family would benefit even more from activation!

HERE! HERE! Good idea. I like your thinking.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

That sounds like a really interesting device - especially as they anticipated people mating it with sub(s) and included digital crossovers and DSP. I bet a pair of those with some good sub(s ) would give some very high end speakers a run for their money for a fraction of the cost.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

That sounds like a really interesting device - especially as they anticipated people mating it with sub(s) and included digital crossovers and DSP. I bet a pair of those with some good sub(s ) would give some very high end speakers a run for their money for a fraction of the cost.

Would love to compare against the Devialet Phantom GOLD.

Agreed. I also noticed that the control app had options for mono, stereo and multichannel! Anyway, they sounded very nice under far from idea conditions when I heard them in Dallas.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

By the way: The KEF Blade family would benefit even more from activation!

You forgot to mention the Muon! Those active ... swoon!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

The entire R series would benefit of activation!

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Amazing stuff. The Darko article says Cat6 ethernet connects the two speakers but another site they talk to each other wirelessly. I'm trying to dig the web for clarification.

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

there's an ethernet cable between the two speakers.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I owned a pair of passive LS50's. I badgered KEF for a powered set. I guess they got enough requests to consider it? Or maybe they would have done it anyway? The extras KEF added to these new wireless powered LS50's is icing on the cake, with one caveat, for me anyway. Half my music files are DSD. Would be doing backflips if KEF had incorporated a DSD capable DAC in these Wireless LS50's. Alas..

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Steve Bannon

Chief Strategist for President Trump and attendee on United States National Security Council.

• 2 weeks later...

So, KEF is a highly regarded co.; in business for many years and you get a 30 day return privilege

wireless speakers with their own amp allow the speaker designer to design the amp to fit the speaker, and you automatically have a sep. amp for each speaker

I don't see how you can lose - unless there is something much better out there for < $2200

So, KEF is a highly regarded co.; in business for many years and you get a 30 day return privilege

wireless speakers with their own amp allow the speaker designer to design the amp to fit the speaker, and you automatically have a sep. amp for each speaker

I don't see how you can lose - unless there is something much better out there for < $2200

I am curious as to the DAC they will use internally, chord is not to far from them and they use the Mojo at some of their demos. It is small and I'll bet the dac board would fit perfectly inside a speaker