IGNORED

Active Kef LS50

• 1 month later...

The Nait XS.

And to answer your question, yes, and then some! Buttery smooth, fantastic imagery and very musical.

I've had these in my home for about a month now and I couldn't be happier with them!

Don't miss my old system at all.

Innuos Zenith MK2, Innuos Phoenix USB re-clocker, KEF LS50 active speakers

On 22/03/2017 at 10:53 PM, wgb113 said:

My pair in the wild...these things rock!

IMG_0643.JPG

Nice setup! Always got time for a Rega CD player! ❤

I note your speakers are angled in quite a bit compared to mine, mine only have a slight tow in, did you experiment with positioning before settling on their final resting spot?

• 1 month later...

So I borrowed a pair of my uncle's Russ Andrews 500 Series Powerkords to power the KEFs and....very impressed! Currently using Russ Andrews Classic series powerkords (2 below the 500 series) but the difference was startling!
More separation, tighter bass, improved details/dynamics. Just a greater sense of being involved with the music.
Stevie Ray Vaughan 9 minute epic Tin Pan Alley was a real eye opener!

One problem.....the price. At £500 each they aren't cheap! Ha!

What's the going rate for a kidney these days!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had another update to the Android app yesterday. IOS users, did you get it also?

WHAT'S NEW:

- Various bug and crash fixes
- Fixed issue with Speaker sound settings not being accessible for some users 

Note! when switching away from Wi-Fi you will receive a warning that Wi-Fi is disconnected. 
Speaker sound settings are still accessible in other sources. 
If you are experiencing any issues, power off your router and wait ~60s before turning back on.

I've updated and can confirm this feature now works!

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2017 at 3:08 AM, DarwinOSX said:

Tell us about that. :-)  I've been thinking of doing the same thing.  I use optical for my TV and would like to get Roon and MQA from the Bluesound.  My understanding is you have to connect it to the RCA ports?

That's correct, for MQA you have to use the Bluesound's RCA ports. Very nice it sounds too!

To my ears MQA files sound just that bit more natural (analogue, if you will).

If your using an external MQA DAC you can now set the bluesound to send the file to the external DAC.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 11:27 AM, Stahl said:

Hi all, I wonder whether anyone can shed some light on the following issue with my Ls50 Wireless speakers.

Following a couple of months of wonderful listening via Roon and Tidal, my right (Master) speaker not drops sound intermittently every few seconds; left speaker is fine. This happens with all sources. I’m hard wired to the internet, have the latest firmware.

I did a hard reset, re-updated firmware and software, etc. right speaker works fine for a few minutes, then back to drop outs. This sounds like a serious hardware issue, but wanted to check with you guys first.

many thanks in advance for any advice or insights.

I'm afraid they'll have to go back for repair. I had exactly the same issue across all inputs.

Turns out it was one of the components that connects the left to right speaker that was faulty.

To be fair to KEF, they fixed and returned my speakers within a week and they've been fine ever since. I'm in the UK.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
22 hours ago, Richard Dale said:

I only use my LS50s and subwoofers with a wireless connection as it is really a ‘lifestyle’ system although on a large scale and I don’t want to have computers, USB cleaner uppers etc adding clutter. On the other hand having said that, I’m interested in what sort of scale the delta is between a high end USB input like you have, and a wireless music connection via UPnP.

I've never listened to my KEF's via wireless so can't comment there, but the difference between streaming natively via the KEF app and my Innuos setup really is night and day.

On 6/16/2020 at 4:19 PM, bunno77 said:

Very happy this thread is still going. I still don't own them but have heard them quite a few times now.

Can I ask if you have compared this to using the ethernet input ie Roon/DLNA etc via ethernet

Sorry, somehow missed this post.

I tried Roon briefly, before I bought the Zenith, using a laptop, but for me, I couldn't justify the price of Roon.

• 3 weeks later...