IGNORED

Active Kef LS50

So, KEF is a highly regarded co.; in business for many years and you get a 30 day return privilege

wireless speakers with their own amp allow the speaker designer to design the amp to fit the speaker, and you automatically have a sep. amp for each speaker

I don't see how you can lose - unless there is something much better out there for < $2200

• 1 month later...

24/192 is sometimes just upsampled from lower spec'd music

2nd, it is not clear that listeners can hear an improvement of 24/192 over redbook - to test you'd first have to find identical recordings that differ ONLY in bit rate and depth

for me, the thing to do is to search out the best masterings of music that I know I already like (which I already have on redbook CD)...

Are you conducting research in the Rift Valley?

If so, what are you using for computers to process your data?

If you are limited to tablets, you can just put part of your music collection on each one, or load something then delete/replace with something else. I'm assuming you have a lot of CDs. Whatever you do, I'd get those CDs ripped and stored in a safe place, and not try to use a player in a dusty env. with fluctuating voltages.

I'd be leery of using headphones away from camp as you could turn into a prey item.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...