IGNORED

Active Kef LS50

• 3 weeks later...
So, KEF is a highly regarded co.; in business for many years and you get a 30 day return privilege

wireless speakers with their own amp allow the speaker designer to design the amp to fit the speaker, and you automatically have a sep. amp for each speaker

I don't see how you can lose - unless there is something much better out there for < $2200

I am curious as to the DAC they will use internally, chord is not to far from them and they use the Mojo at some of their demos. It is small and I'll bet the dac board would fit perfectly inside a speaker

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Having the analogue inputs digitize the signal means you cannot use an external dac with these speakers . The lack of functionality is a deal breaker for me . I would want to use external dacs for flexibility . I think this was a bad decision by kef .

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

There are other active speakers available if you are shopping. Klipsch just showed off some active floorstanders with 15 inch woofers ar CES for around $3K. Dynaudio Xeo 2 win What HiFi active speaker os the year,