IGNORED

Active Kef LS50

23 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

I've just bought a pair of white LS50 Wireless speakers with the new performance stands and the combination looks stunning. I've filled the middle compartment and  front one of the stands with Atacama Atabites, and they are sitting on Atacama shoes. The speakers are still very much running in and it is too early to judge the sound, but there was certainly a significant jump in quality when I added the Atabites, and I would recommend the combination - you need just over three tubs to fill the stands.

I would prefer it if the cables that come with the white speakers were white, as the black cables spoil the visual effect a bit. Once the speakers are run in, I'm going to get a 5m Chord C-Streamer cable as it's white and will look better - I'll be interested to find out if it makes any difference to the sound but I'm mainly interested in them looking better. I may get a pair of IsoTek EVO3 Sequel Power Cables as they are white and 2m long although a bit pricier the the Evo Premier 3s that I use in my other systems.

I would caution you against making all those changes, and doing them at once, before your new speakers are run-in and you've gotten acquainted with their sound.

One of the unwritten Golden Rules of Good Audio Practice states that one should only change a single variable at a time if we are to obtain meaninful information from our listening assessments. Change too things at a time and your clueless about which/what did or did not produce an audible effect.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)