IGNORED

Active Kef LS50

Amazing stuff. The Darko article says Cat6 ethernet connects the two speakers but another site they talk to each other wirelessly. I'm trying to dig the web for clarification.

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

there's an ethernet cable between the two speakers.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 11 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 12:00 AM, Pinnacle said:

Would this cable BJC MSA-1 Miniature Stereo Audio Cable, 2 foot, 1/8 plug to 2 Male RCA  (using a jack instead of USB) provide better sound quality than the Kef PC-USB?Thanks.

Probably not. The LS50w analog inputs are converted to digital.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
9 hours ago, DarwinOSX said:

What is interesting is that I’ve seen reviewers really like the sound out of the RCA ports. 

I'd love to see that. Can you post some links?

On 9/30/2017 at 9:16 PM, DarwinOSX said:

it is a good review -- and the reviewer did say that they did a good job of converting analog inputs to digital. i was amused that he chose to use a $27k (US) turntable as the source!  unfortunately, there was no comparison of the analog inputs with the digital ones.

• 2 years later...

The analog inputs are converted to digital.  I've also heard that people find the analog inputs sound better, which seems strange given you can't bypass the internal dac (required for the internal dsp settings).

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Richard Dale said:

Thanks for that. It sounds like I should try a good quality streamer from my other systems to hear for myself.

I think you just need to get away from the KEF app. I stream to the ls50w via a Roon server -- better sound and rock solid performance.

• 9 months later...