IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 LISTENING IMPRESSIONS thread

Hi Alex,

Hope you're doing better! :-) 

Just to let you know that my LPS 1 is dead. Not sure where can I send it for repair and if it is still under your  fabulous 3-year warranty period!

In any case,   I think it is my fault as when trying different configurations, I connected the 2 outputs... So, so long to the warranty, I guess! :-)

But I wanted to have it repair.

Best,

Jorge Soares  

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

7 minutes ago, soares said:

Just to let you know that my LPS 1 is dead. Not sure where can I send it for repair and if it is still under your  fabulous 3-year warranty period!

In any case,   I think it is my fault as when trying different configurations, I connected the 2 outputs... So, so long to the warranty, I guess! 🙂

But I wanted to have it repair.

Hi Jorge:

Sorry to hear about your mishap with your original UltraCap LPS-1. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your options. If you do not have my private e-mail address, simply use the Contact Us form on our web site. I’ll make you an attractive offer for an upgrade to the new generation LPS-1.2, which, aside from using SOTA LT3045 regulators, expands the output voltage selections range to 5/7/9/12V and adds a power switch button.

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hi Jorge:

Sorry to hear about your mishap with your original UltraCap LPS-1. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your options. If you do not have my private e-mail address, simply use the Contact Us form on our web site. I’ll make you an attractive offer for an upgrade to the new generation LPS-1.2, which, aside from using SOTA LT3045 regulators, expands the output voltage selections range to 5/7/9/12V and adds a power switch button.

Very kind from you Alex!

Thank you so much.

Will do it right away.

Best,

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

• 1 year later...

I tried adding an LPS 1.2 to power my Netgear Orbi router. I have it set to 12 volts. I’m listening now and sounds great but previously the router kept cycling off and on. I think maybe the amps are not enough. Has anyone tried this LPS with a orbi router successfully?

1 hour ago, lxgreen said:

I tried adding an LPS 1.2 to power my Netgear Orbi router. I have it set to 12 volts. I’m listening now and sounds great but previously the router kept cycling off and on. I think maybe the amps are not enough. Has anyone tried this LPS with a orbi router successfully?

Hi:

Try turning your UltraCap unit around and watching its LED. Does it ever flash red 5 times, then green (once if load is still too high, or back to steady green if load is lower--say for rebooting connected device)?  If so, then indeed the load of your router is at times exceeding the 1.15A current limit of the LPS-1.2.

Cheers,

Alex C.

Thanks. The ultracap light stays green but the power light on the router goes from green (on) to off and then restarts and turns green again. Could this be a bad dc cable? It happened again just a few minutes ago.  The router is stable when I use the supplied power wall wart.

3 minutes ago, lxgreen said:

Thanks. The ultracap light stays green but the power light on the router goes from green (on) to off and then restarts and turns green again. Could this be a bad dc cable? It happened again just a few minutes ago.  The router is stable when I use the supplied power wall wart.

There may be a clue on the supplied power pack. Netgear seems to be supplying 12V 2.5 or 3.5 amp models for the various Orbi's? If so, 1.15 amps from LPS-1.2 is probably not cutting it.