IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 LISTENING IMPRESSIONS thread

Wow . The first thing I've noticed is the clarity at low volume levels is substantially improved . As someone else mentioned, bass is better defined.

Had to turn down the amp a little .

Very impressed .

I was using the ifi 9v power supply with my microRendu.

I've had the LPS-1 in my system for about a week and a half, powering my microRendu and energized from a Mean Well SMPS. Previously, the microRendu was powered by an SOtM "Intelligent" Battery PS. I keep the system on 24/7, though my amp is of course turned off when not listening. I use the microRendu in the Squeezelite mode.

I have to report pretty much the same enhancements in sound quality that have already been posted by a number of CA's denizens, but I also want to emphasize that the change from battery supply to UltraCap has resulted in a major, non subtle improvement.

if I had to summarize the effect that each of John Swenson's brilliant designs have had in my system, I'd have to say that the Regen's predominant effect was clarity, the micro Rendu is even greater clarity, and the LPS-1 are spaciousness and refinement.

In my system, microRendu and LPS-1 together give me a sound that is more lifelike and more engaging than I ever heard this side of the concert hall or the jazz club.

Kudos to John Swenson, Alex C., and Jesus!

Guido F.

Add even more clarity with the Lps1