IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 LISTENING IMPRESSIONS thread

I've been listening to mine for the last hour feeding my microRendu.

Yes, I listened to all of the boring "audiophile" recordings - you know, the usual culprits - while everything sounded as if light etchiness has now turned into rounded edges, pure, moving and delightful.

But give me a break. Give me some Prince!

I cued up "Controvery," and that's where the real magic started to happen. A dense mix with an amalgamation of synthesized and analog instruments, vocals sounded more real than I had ever heard in my system. For the first time since his passing in April, I heard his voice as it really is, and it made me want to cry. But I bopped along, enjoying the space between the layers, all of the little blips and bloops, with harmonies galore, the PSU-1 is a real winner with anything you throw at it. I'm smitten with clarity.

SonicTransporter i5 -> Linn KDS/3 -> M3a-800S -> EgglestonWorks Andra II

Imust say, I didn't think it would happen, but after a few days of the LPS-1 feeding my microRendu, the sound has gotten better over the first day. I've kep both mRendu and LPS-1 on at all times. The sound is even more realistic, without a trace of edginess.

Now, as soon as I can get my Focal Utopia cans in, I believe my system will be pretty damn complete.

SonicTransporter i5 -> Linn KDS/3 -> M3a-800S -> EgglestonWorks Andra II