IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 LISTENING IMPRESSIONS thread

Alex I promised to write back with my impressions of the LPS-1 compared to the SBooster since you gave me the option to return it if I didn't prefer the LPS-1. Well the LPS-1 will not be leaving. What a match made in heaven with the microRendu and the LPS-1. Timber, soundstaging, and air are all substantially better. My wife suggested that when going back and forth that it was different songs. I think most important is how my Kef LS50's that were very good at disappearing are completely forgotten when listening in the dark. The equipment is now not part of the conversation. The soundstage is enveloping and deeper than ever with a amazing sense of realism. I experienced this when switching from sonos to the microRendu and again when inserting the LPS-1. Thanks to both companies for the ability to further my beloved hobby and bring such realism into my listening area. I only wish I could use the same affordable technology to my Dac/Preamp and CJ amp which use 120v.

Well, I finally decided to try. Let's see which one will stay...

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

• 3 weeks later...
https://www.amazon.com/Sbooster-High-Performing-Various-Preamps-Headphone/dp/B01H1PJXXQ

So, this unit is compatible to use with the Meanwell/LPS-1/Regen?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I use mine to feed mR. Tomorrow I will receive my Lps-1 and compare the SQ between the two.

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

• 2 years later...

Hi Alex,

Hope you're doing better! :-) 

Just to let you know that my LPS 1 is dead. Not sure where can I send it for repair and if it is still under your  fabulous 3-year warranty period!

In any case,   I think it is my fault as when trying different configurations, I connected the 2 outputs... So, so long to the warranty, I guess! :-)

But I wanted to have it repair.

Best,

Jorge Soares  

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hi Jorge:

Sorry to hear about your mishap with your original UltraCap LPS-1. Please contact us directly so we can discuss your options. If you do not have my private e-mail address, simply use the Contact Us form on our web site. I’ll make you an attractive offer for an upgrade to the new generation LPS-1.2, which, aside from using SOTA LT3045 regulators, expands the output voltage selections range to 5/7/9/12V and adds a power switch button.

Very kind from you Alex!

Thank you so much.

Will do it right away.

Best,

Jorge