IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 LISTENING IMPRESSIONS thread

Going to be interesting. Who's getting theirs first and what will they power with it? I suppose uRendu or Regens/DACs mostly?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 2 weeks later...
but I also want to emphasize that the change from battery supply to UltraCap has resulted in a major, non subtle improvement.

if I had to summarize the effect that each of John Swenson's brilliant designs have had in my system, I'd have to say that the Regen's predominant effect was clarity, the micro Rendu is even greater clarity, and the LPS-1 are spaciousness and refinement.

In my system, microRendu and LPS-1 together give me a sound that is more lifelike and more engaging than I ever heard this side of the concert hall or the jazz club.

Very cool, thanks for sharing, Guido.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 5 weeks later...
As the OP of the "Overall Isolation" thread, I've been discussing my evolving topology over there. Both @Superdad and @JohnSwenson had indicated that, based on my topology, the LPS-1 was the final piece of the puzzle which should give me another quantum jump in SQ.

Very cool. Why don't you additionally try replacing the Meanwell by another LPS?

I know you "Meanwell" (hey, someone had to go there!), but isn't the whole point of the LPS-1 to be indifferent to the energizing supply? :)

I know what you mean, well what about the Leakage Currents that the Meanwell creates for other devices through the Mains?

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I am surprised and impressed at the size of the improvement in SQ. I'll skip the audiophile review ... and the musical enjoyment it brings.

But we'd sure like to know more details! :D

OK YashN, here goes: In combination with the first, the second LPS1 powering the boot SSD on my I7 6700k machine results in an image with a solidity, dimensionality and cohesion I have never heard before, while being somehow smoother and more natural sounding at the same time.

It's a little freaky. This woman could sing! I can hear the whole room reverberate with her voice.

All of this from a used $350 IFI microIDSD, also powered by an LPS1, playing at DSD 512.

I feel like the bottom of the CA bottomless pit is getting very close.

Thanks a lot, Larry. Yes she had a purity in her voice and intention.

The bottomless pit is actually a Moëbius strip built with chains, we're trapped ;)