IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 LISTENING IMPRESSIONS thread

2 hours ago, Jay Tee said:

I'll be back when I plug up the IR

You won't want to unplug it.  I really liked your description of the LPS-1 sound quality benefits.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

13 hours ago, Superdad said:

I hesitate to say it, but at this point, to me the USB REGEN sounds "broken" in comparison to the ISO REGEN.

That's intriguing.  In what way?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

• 9 months later...
6 minutes ago, buzzlulu said:

Thank you.  I had a look at the Uptone website however I did not see a link for this new SMPS.  Is it listed there?  Also available elsewhere?

Uptone has said the new SMPS (which comes with the LPS-1.2) will be separately orderable, but not until AFTER UltraCap LPS-1.2 production is rolling and all orders have been filled.  I'm sure @Superdad will post an update re availability fairly soon.

12 minutes ago, buzzlulu said:

Perfect - thanks

So in conclusion if I end up purchasing a secund hand LPS1 to use with a MicroRendu then this SMPS should be purchased as a replacement for the originally supplied one

Yes.  I think you will be delighted with the LPS-1 even with the original Mean Well SMPS, but you may as well see whether the new supply results in even better sound quality in your system.