IGNORED

Virtual Reality for Audio

Hi Guys - I recently received a VR box from Knox Labs (V2). I immediately said to myself, this is the future of immersive audio and high end playback with video. However, after the initial cool factor wore off, I'm not so sure. VR is an experience unlike anything else, but I don't know if I want it involved with my audio. I'm just not sure. I can visualize watching a concert in VR with the audio coming from my main system, but it's a bit weird.

Who else has tried VR and/or thought about it in the context of high end audio?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hmm, let's first consider this :

[video=youtube;X_aU-P022g0]

Virtual reality video gaming has been a dream of the industry for decades. And, after several false starts such as Nintendo's Virtual Boy and the SEGA VR, in 2016 it's finally happening, and in a big way.

Companies like Facebook and Sony are now fully invested in the potential of virtual reality, and they're making big promises. According to the makers of the biggest consumer VR devices, these headsets will offer a new users a new type of escape, connect us to each other in novel ways, and revolutionize video games.

But now that the dream of consumer-grade VR is a reality, game makers are finding that reality is complicated. With this acceleration into a new world of interactive entertainment comes risks: Just what is virtual reality going to do to its players? How will our bodies respond to these deeply immersive experiences?

In our new film, "Stepping into the Screen: The Boundaries of the VR Frontier," we put aside the promises and look at the reality. We speak to developers and medical professionals about the incredible strengths and emerging challenges of VR. We explore VR's therapeutic potential, and lay out the medical risks that game designers must take into account when building these breathtaking virtual worlds.

The future is uncertain for VR: Will it just be another fad, like the light guns and balance boards of the past? Or will developers learn to adapt to the new limits of this new technology, and truly revolutionize gaming forever?

Host Tashi Hanlon

Producer Nonuk Walter

Producer Dylan Coburn

Associate Producer Mike Diver

Editor Stacy Kim

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

Hi Guys - I recently received a VR box from Knox Labs (V2). I immediately said to myself, this is the future of immersive audio and high end playback with video. However, after the initial cool factor wore off, I'm not so sure. VR is an experience unlike anything else, but I don't know if I want it involved with my audio. I'm just not sure. I can visualize watching a concert in VR with the audio coming from my main system, but it's a bit weird.

They have a VR concert seriie already

https://www.vrfocus.com/2016/10/nextvr-live-nation-and-citi-to-launch-vr-concert-series-backstage-with-citi/

By trying VR do you mean ingesting certain substances and listening to DSOTM? Yes!!!

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

I have a HTC Vive for gaming that is so cool. I don't think it'd work for me, a concert in VR with music. The content might be visually overwhelming of the music?? VR is so young though, I wouldn't be at all surprised if something down the lane might be offered to audio and HT enthusiasts.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.