IGNORED

What is the weakest link in my system

Thanks looking into trading up to Halo P5. Would you say the DAC in the P5 is better than my ifi NANO? And should I still use the REGEN with the P5?

I can't say because I've never heard the ifi, and better is subjective. If I had to guess, I would expect it to sound better if the choice was mine to make. I'm not usually a fan of integrating major components like this, but with your budget and system, I think it makes sense. You'll save on cables and accessories, and you'll know the dac & preamp will be perfectly matched. Parasound really knows what they're doing. I was a dealer for quite a while, and whatever they release, is usually one of the top choices at whatever dollar amount the piece sells for. It would be really hard to mess up with a P5.

I can't say because I've never heard the ifi, and better is subjective. If I had to guess, I would expect it to sound better if the choice was mine to make. I'm not usually a fan of integrating major components like this, but with your budget and system, I think it makes sense. You'll save on cables and accessories, and you'll know the dac & preamp will be perfectly matched. Parasound really knows what they're doing. I was a dealer for quite a while, and whatever they release, is usually one of the top choices at whatever dollar amount the piece sells for. It would be really hard to mess up with a P5.

Thanks but do I need to connect the REGEN to the Preamp. I guess I could test it out with and without.