IGNORED

How did you reach your current system?

Jean

Hi all,

It seems like every day we are considering changing out or upgrading some component of our system. With our systems in constant flux, and components coming and going all the time it can be difficult to get to know our systems and appreciate their charms and quirks.

So, I'd like to hear from some fellow CA members about their favorite system that they've had (past or present) and what qualities set that system apart from any others they've had.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Hardware:

JCAT NET Card FEMTO -> SOtM tX-USBexp -> iFi iUSB 3.0 > iFi Gemini USB -> Schiit Yggdrasil -> Emotiva Stealth DC-1 (temporary preamp) -> Airmotiv 4s

Software:

Fidelizer Pro 7.3 -> Tidal -> Roon

Hi all,

It seems like every day we are considering changing out or upgrading some component of our system. With our systems in constant flux, and components coming and going all the time it can be difficult to get to know our systems and appreciate their charms and quirks.

So, I'd like to hear from some fellow CA members about their favorite system that they've had (past or present) and what qualities set that system apart from any others they've had.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Once I went to an auro 3D 10.1 surround system everything else I had heard or used before seemed like a toy. I exclusively use the auromatic upmixer on music and movies feeding it a 192/24 PCM signal from my Asus Xonar U7 oundcard.

Atmos upmixing simply lacks the dynamics of auro in my system and 2 channel stereo just sounds flat in comparison.

Once I went to an auro 3D 10.1 surround system everything else I had heard or used before seemed like a toy. I exclusively use the auromatic upmixer on music and movies feeding it a 192/24 PCM signal from my Asus Xonar U7 oundcard.

Atmos upmixing simply lacks the dynamics of auro in my system and 2 channel stereo just sounds flat in comparison.

I'm intrigued. How does this work? What does your system layout look like? I just checked out the Auro site and I'm to dumb to understand how it works. Do I need a compatible receiver or is this a software solution I can run on my computer? Looks like it's $1200, is that right.

In the early days I would awe in amazement at all the piled up gear in shows, drool over the photos in audio magazines and get all excited with the critics' descriptions of amazing sound qualities; unpacking a new equipment would make my heart race.

Nowadays I know what I am looking for; I try to waste as little money as possible and I get no kick out of changing gear for the sake of change...I don't even buy new anymore.

I just wan't better sound and hope that the next house will have a better living room than the previous home as I'm currently a bit of a wanderer.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

I'm intrigued. How does this work? What does your system layout look like? I just checked out the Auro site and I'm to dumb to understand how it works. Do I need a compatible receiver or is this a software solution I can run on my computer? Looks like it's $1200, is that right.

From what I can tell it's a new surround format that competes with Dolby Atmos, basically more speakers that add height information.

Good question. You know how a 5.1 surround system works right? All you do is take an additional 4 speakers and mount them high up above your left, right. and surround speakers. Then you need an Auro 3D capable receiver/processor and the one I own is the marantz 7702, there are many others and the price will vary. While there are BRD encoded with Auro3D soundtracks I haven't tried them as I primarily stream content. The auromatic upmixer converts any content you want to auro3d and is wonderful in my system. Here is a link to a video about Auro 3D:

and some pics of my setup:

WP_20160819_001.jpg

WP_20160819_007.jpg