IGNORED

Rock Energy at Its Best!

Hi

you are looking for some energy created after 2000? Open your eyes / ears there is much energy, but be aware that there is a different background of the energy. No 1968'er (Flower-)POWER anymore it is totally new and fresh and you cannot easy understand this new energy: You have to move yourself into this century or even into this dekade...

Althought alreadyfounded in 1994 try:

[h=1]Muse - Live # 2016 Glastonbury Festival [/h]

or althought alreadyfounded in 1995 try:[h=1]Biffy Clyro - Full Concert Reading 2016[/h]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcp6xbjZOE

This one is founded in 2011 and wikipedia writes as genres Bluesrock, Hardrock, take a look at:

[h=1]BLUES PILLS Live GURTENFESTIVAL 2015[/h]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CudG8qAfiQg

saw this man 3 times in my lifetime and everytime was a full energy boost flying across the stage. mostly noted for his blues but when he rocked he rocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L90EDfyFIn8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzXRNHQ2PFQ

main system; mac mini/mac os mountain lion/bel canto usb/cambridge audio dac magic/creek destiny intregrated/reference 3a mm de cappo i/svs pb-12-nsd/dh labs cables and wires/denon ah-d2000

• 1 month later...
Here's some energy for you. Newish band;

Thanks for posting this! You've made my day!

Reminds of a small (audience of 20) basement punk gig I was to and recorded it to a cassette in my teens. The cassettes' copies circulated then among friends and their friends. 2 or 3 years ago I google'd the band that played there and it proved that the digitized (probabaly from my cassette or its copy) mp3 version circulates now on the web! The original cassette is somewhere in my garage, impossible to find but I've got the mp3 on my HD. Who could imagine back then that one day we would store thousands of albums on one small black box the size of a pocket book.? And no problems with hiss..;)

Thanks for posting this! You've made my day!

Reminds of a small (audience of 20) basement punk gig I was to and recorded it to a cassette in my teens. The cassettes' copies circulated then among friends and their friends. 2 or 3 years ago I google'd the band that played there and it proved that the digitized (probabaly from my cassette or its copy) mp3 version circulates now on the web! The original cassette is somewhere in my garage, impossible to find but I've got the mp3 on my HD. Who could imagine back then that one day we would store thousands of albums on one small black box the size of a pocket book.? And no problems with hiss..;)

No Kidding! Those were the days. Although, I have yet to get a small black box... It reminds me of a place called "the Rat" in Boston. I don't even like Thrash, but I like Mind of Asian. Their song "Small Elephant in a large forest" is really good- lots of starts and stops. It's on You tube.

Here is another high energy Japanese girls band, "Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation". Hah! It's very funny posting this link on an Audiophile forum as the sound is absolute crap. Sounds like it was recorded on a cheap TRAC phone.

<span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-family:georgia;"><font size="2"><span id="eow-title" class="watch-title" dir="ltr" title="Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation">

I am currently trying to find a Vietnamese (? or Mongolian?) female punk or Neuvo-metal vocalist I heard very late one night in the late 80's or early 90's. No name to go by- but it was wonderful. Full of monstrous howling flat tones.

BTW I used to say that for me after Rage Against the Machine (meaning after circa 2000) not much happened in rock. I'd love somebody to prove me wrong..

Let's have fun!!! :)

I actually find your 'after circa 2000' comment particularly interesting. For a while I have had a similar theory, but not relating specifically to rock, but to more or less all 'popular' music genres, including rock, metal and the rest. I think with many types of music, be it rock, dance music, electronic, reggae or whatever, you can find some kind of natural evolution of influences and development through each of the decades of the 20th century. Then when you get to the year 2000, it all seams to stop. Now I'm not saying that there has been zero decent music produced in the 21st century, clearly there has, but something else appears to have ceased. If you take dance orientated music, we had 'disco' in the 70's, which developed into house, techno, rave, all accompanied by popular culture movements, fashion an so on. Others have mentioned the influence of the Pixies on Nirvana, ok this is without doubt, but you can also see the 70's influence of punk/new wave on both of these acts. I always consider that like it or loth it, punk represented a kind of tearing up of the rule book, allowing many new things to emerge through the control of the big record companies, as well as providing a musical influence. I mentioned dance music earlier, the 70's punk influence clearly influenced branches of dance music through the 80's and 90's. Through multiple music genres there has been an explosion of evolutionary development, followed by genuine excitement and popular cultural movements. I'm sure many will get the gist of what I am saying here, I could write for hours on the subject, but the point is that all of this appears to have ceased once we get to the year 2000. I genuinely struggle to think of anything within music culture that is genuinely new or fresh in the last 15 years. Some good music, yes, but I feel something big has ended. Or has it ended? Maybe just paused for some reason, with something truly magnificent and exciting just around the corner? Who can say for sure? To be honest, my feeling is something very special happened in the last decades of the 20th century, something unlikely ever to be repeated.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Now I'm not saying that there has been zero decent music produced in the 21st century, clearly there has, but something else appears to have ceased.

I think the key word here is "produced". As in an agent and record company backing. There is definitely talent and passion out there but as musicians rarely make enough to live on unless they are produced.... we generally don't see it. Al we see is over produced bubblegum for the most part.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few newer younger bands who obviously don't have big money behind them but I think are good, especially the first.

New power guitar grunge band- Cherry Glazerr. This is off their second album, Apocalipstick, which just came out this month. Their previous singles (bundled into an album- Haxel Princess) aren't as good;

And a newer band Dinosaur Eyelids;

And another one Reality Something. This is a terrible sound rendition. The CD we got into the library sounds better but was a home made CD copy with some printed paper stuck into the case. Sort of a Breeders copy band.

lIVPUnF8b&index=1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5-5-2017 at 1:01 AM, sphinxsix said:

Yep. These guys rock! Despite the fact that some of them got grey hair..

Been watching this tonight.

Yesterday I was at a Saint Vitus concert. One of the best concerts I have seen this year. Only rivalled by My Dying Bride at the Roadburn festival and a Ensteurzende Neubauten concert.

[br]

17 hours ago, mordante said:

Yesterday I was at a Saint Vitus concert. One of the best concerts I have seen this year. Only rivalled by My Dying Bride at the Roadburn festival and a Ensteurzende Neubauten concert.

EN photo I took 2 years ago. I'm not a big fan though.

_DSC3299_1.thumb.jpg.1fbbf1dd252ed84eb3ec74d2bb1925a5.jpg

On 5/8/2017 at 0:46 PM, mordante said:

Yesterday I was at a Saint Vitus concert.

Good memories! I just ripped their CDs but never got a chance to see them, although I saw many of their SST labelmates back in the 80s. I'm surprised my hearing is still decent, come to think of it.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...