IGNORED

Beyers for otl amp help needed.

musickid

I have a earmax pro 2 otl tube amp. i tried low imp. h6 cans didn't really work at higher levels due to some distortion in bass. manufacturer states 200-2000 impedence for best results. from the beyer dt 880 600 ohm or the beyer t90 250 ohm does anyone know which model might work at their best? thanks to all

I have a earmax pro 2 otl tube amp. i tried low imp. h6 cans didn't really work at higher levels due to some distortion in bass. manufacturer states 200-2000 impedence for best results. from the beyer dt 880 600 ohm or the beyer t90 250 ohm does anyone know which model might work at their best? thanks to all

I have the Earmax headphone amp (not the Pro). I've used the Sennheiser HD600 (300 ohms) with great results. However, I do have a transformer buffer into which the signal from the Earmax flows; the headphones plug into the transformer buffer. The sound is spectacular especially with a Telefunken 12AT7. I would assume that 300-600 ohms is the sweet spot.

nice reply thanks jsb. i was leaning towards the t90 from beyer at 250 ohms new model and so called tesla technology etc. i tried the hd 650 but unfortunately were not comfortable for me. the beyers are meant to be legendary for comfort. do you think the beyerdynamic t90 at impedence 250 could fit the earmax pro well even though you mention a sweet spot of 300-600?

nice reply thanks jsb. i was leaning towards the t90 from beyer at 250 ohms new model and so called tesla technology etc. i tried the hd 650 but unfortunately were not comfortable for me. the beyers are meant to be legendary for comfort. do you think the beyerdynamic t90 at impedence 250 could fit the earmax pro well even though you mention a sweet spot of 300-600?

I should imagine so. No harm trying unless you're not able to return the headphone. If the 250-ohm doesn't work, try the 600-ohm versions of the Beyer. I've read very good reviews of 600-ohm version of their DT990 Premium. The highs seem to be a bit on the tizzy side, but the Earmax Pro should tame that nicely.

The Cable Company is a Beyerdynamic dealer. They should be able to send you demo units for the 2 headphones. Then you can listen to them both at the same time, and make a better choice.

Bought some dt 880 600 ohms and works great. with bassy tracks you need to be careful not to go too high with earmaxpro. just out of interest is that normal for this amp. my volume dial also starts around 4am and goes round to 2 pm for max volume. i was wondering if earmax owners are the same.

Bought some dt 880 600 ohms and works great. with bassy tracks you need to be careful not to go too high with earmaxpro. just out of interest is that normal for this amp. my volume dial also starts around 4am and goes round to 2 pm for max volume. i was wondering if earmax owners are the same.

It doesn't work like that. The specific range of volume for a system depends on all of the components. You can have it change by swapping out some other component like a source.