IGNORED

What Are the Best Sounding Speakers You've Ever Heard.?

I still think best bang for the buck speaker and regardless of price one of the most engaging speaker of all time is the Magnepan. The 3.7i IMO is their best. It does so many things right.

+1

Those and McIntosh's big integrated MA8000 are a "set it and forget it" system that just flat out rocks! I could VERY happily listen to that combo well into the future and could see it being a destination combo. LOT'S of wayyyyy more expensive combos can't touch the pure musicality and gestalt that they effortlessly put out.

David

As for McIntosh MA8000 - its looks are as classy as the amp itself ..but how much cheaper could it be without the prehistoric equalizer (and its 8 knobs).? ;)

Who cares? That's how they roll. What I know is the combo sounds superb in so many ways that the supposedly "superfluous" equalizer matters not a whit. It's one of the very very few lifetime audio purchases that feels like it would age gracefully and be used just as enthusiastically 20 yrs down the road.

David

I do. Just like most people who don't like to spend their money on stuff they won't use. How about a device with digital tone controls (no knobs :)).?

ImageResizer.ashx?n=http%3A%2F%2Fi.nextmedia.com.au%2FReviews%2FScreenShot01444.jpg&c=0

Devialet-200-remote.jpg?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=430&width=700

With this one the process of aging may be even more graceful - they upgrade it via new software versions downloads..

The wonderful thing us that you have the choice to spend your money on whichever of those product you'd like. One product clearly attracts a different customer than the other.

David

• 1 month later...
Avantgarde Acoustic DUO xD

[ATTACH]31067[/ATTACH]

Not even close to their best speakers...but the only one I've heard IRL...and I still have wet dreams about them! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Their speakers are superb. I think every demo I ever heard of any of their models was fantastic but one that stands out was a surround sound set up utilizing the Duos for 5 channels with BAT tube amps all around and a 150" screen with a gorgeous Runco projector playing music videos from various sources and with varying examples of surround sound from simple two channel stereo to full surround 5.2. Simply awesome.

David

Maybe I should not say this. But I've never heard Avantgarde Acoustic speakers sound good. Maybe they have improved the last few year. I really hope so.

Heck, you can say whatever you like! Sounds like they're just not your cup of tea which is sure your prerogative to say so. Not sure why you'd care if they've improved to what your standard is though, just don't listen to them! ;)

David