IGNORED

What Are the Best Sounding Speakers You've Ever Heard.?

+1

+ 1

I have the Omega super alnico monitors powered by 8 watt tube amp. Probably the last speakers I will buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

I thought that these would be my endgame speakers until Omega came out with a newer 99db "High Output" version of their Alnico floorstanders. I got a good deal on a pair and now have my current speakers for sale.

If you want to boost their performance a bit try rewiring them using some Duelund DCA16 hookup wire as speaker wire soldered directly to the driver terminals and bypassing the binding posts. You can run the wire out the rear port. PartsConnexion sells the wire.

Thanks for the tip off Mourip and there was I thinking my search was over ...:)

Love to hear your listening impressions when the new ones arrive.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

• 1 month later...
I have been using them for several weeks and feel that they are an improvement over my Super 6 Alnicos. They have exceptional clarity and tonal fidelity. A very refined speaker that is capable of playing full orchestral pieces easily.

I worked with Louis Chochos of Omega regarding the crossover point. They came to me with the lower drivers crossed over at 500hz. When I suggested that this seemed like a very sensitive point due to being in the middle of the fundamental range of both the female and male voice as well as a lot of instruments he agreed. He had originally started with 200hz and based on my feedback has decided to change this model back to 200hz. He sent me two replacement inductors free of charge since I am handy with DIY and now I get the full clarity of the Alnico with plenty of dynamic range and low end punch.

The Omega Alnico's are great and Louis is exceptional to work with.

Great story Mourip. You must have a great setup now. I love my Super alnico monitors so can only imagine how the new ones sound.