IGNORED

Good equipment but not a clue

Enough of the arguments guys. This thread could gone so well and helped not only the OP, but also all the people finding this thread through a Google's searches.

if you want to continue this argument you must do it in another thread.

I will leave this thread alone. But could it have gone so well and helped the OP? Can you give a summary of how the thread would have developed to do that? Send it in a pm or put up as it's own thread or something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Computer Audiophile mobile app

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

I will leave this thread alone. But could it have gone so well and helped the OP? Can you give a summary of how the thread would have developed to do that? Send it in a pm or put up as it's own thread or something like that.

If you and others could have focused on the OP rather than winning a nonexistent debate and proving something, it could have been very helpful. Nobody wants to read the arguments of a couple people that drift far away from the original questions.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

If you and others could have focused on the OP rather than winning a nonexistent debate and proving something, it could have been very helpful. Nobody wants to read the arguments of a couple people that drift far away from the original questions.

Okay no debate desired. Noted for future reference.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Or, do what I have started doing. Waste less time here, and start contributing to the Dynamic Range Database. After all, having the best audio equipment only makes terribly mastered recordings sound worse. Let's help others avoid choosing inferior remasters over original CD's, which can still be had in the aftermarket.

I agree with that. Most remasters are horrible. The best sounding CD's I have, at least to me, are the old AAD ones. When they remaster an analog recording, it sounds like it was fooled with. There are a few exceptions, but I much prefer original masters.

Okay no debate desired. Noted for future reference.

There was no reason for any of it. You have absolutely no tolerance for anyone that has a different opinion than you. You expect everything you say to be taken as fact. That's just not the case, no matter how much you think it is. Audio is a hobby that is mostly subjective. If you don't come to terms with that, plan on being miserable.