Dreaming Jester

New Amarra 4

Rate this topic

first feedback with 4.2

my iTunes library (400 albums) not huge one, loaded correctly, no track missing, compilation also integrated correctly, before I still had some troubles with it.

iTunes integration, works fine, I had to open iTunes on A4 and let the bottom of A4 visible, to see the reading control panel of A4, but it's not an obligation.

the volume is synchronized between the 2 softs.

But comparing with Amarra alone, SQ is a little better without iTunes, which is not a surprise.

I only have an issue with an MQA album, Amarra upsampled the track but it's reading it to fast (X2) when the track changed from 44 to 88 kHz

Listening to 4.2.401 and it sounds good.

No hangup when I quit A4L now but I still hear a shift to the right speaker when I turn iRC on. I downloaded iRC Measure Installer 1.2.4 last time and made the filters. Maybe I have to do a new round of measuring....? 

So far so good, with 21,000 FLACs loaded into library (plus an equal amount from Tidal).   No hangups in loading library, applying iRC, converting DSD to PCM, nor in changing bitrates.

If you are using iRC, I would advise you to reduce the playback levels for all iRC settings before beginning any playback, in order to avoid gross clipping and possible speaker damage.

Great sound.

Newbie Since 2/2015.  Amarra Luxe/TIDAL > Mid-2010 Mac Mini  > USB > AQ Jitterbug > Chord Electronics Mojo > Chord Anthem 2 i/c > Behringer A500 > Naim NACA5  > Spendor SP2/3r + stereo REL subs.  Sennheiser HP 600, Audio Technica ATH-m50x.  

Big improvement over 4.1. Still is not perfect, but its really much better than before.

-Final, you can add an album and it doesn't need to save the full collection. Now it do it in several seconds.

-Now is faster to create the new database, but still too slow to load it at lunch the aplication.

-It doesn't match my database in iTunes and in a4l, there is 8 albums more in a4l (from 2600 albums). Imposible to know which one is the problem.

- Great the idea to put a switcher to deactivate tidal. ( no everybody use it)

- Good for the integration w iTunes, but the downside is you loose Tidal control (i can't imagine how to integrate Tidal in iTunes)

- A little faster the navigation over its own database, but still slow. The need to inprove this and add new controls to search what you want to listen.

- Where is DoP? and other promisses?

In capital words, im happy with the new version.

This very moment I am listening to the new update. IRC is now also not working properly, it has a shift to the right. I hope they will correct that issue, or must I make new measurements?

A luck that I also own Dirac Live Stereo.

The sound with this new Amarra 4.2 Luxe is superb!

Enjoy the music like I’m at this moment!

Frans

Giving credit where credit is due.  We clamored for iTunes integration, and Sonic Studio delivered.  It sounds fantastic and so far, iTunes integration works well.  Nice touch how the Amarra window shrinks and attaches to the bottom of the iTunes window.

Haven't tried Tidal yet, and fingers still crossed for DoP.

Luxe has come a long ways, kudos....

I been following this thread since inception. Had no interest struggling through a cantakerous new library management system. Have countless hours getting iTunes right. Now that iTunes integration was brought back I downloaded a trial version to compare to 3.0. Good lord! A significant improvement in SQ after a couple of hours of listening. Can't seem to create playlist in iTunes integration mode. That would be ideal; then can close iTunes.Perhaps its a PEBCAK.

Music Server Operating System: 2010 Mac Mini OS X 10.9.5 (Maverick); Preferred Digital Interface(s): USB, FireWire, S/PDIF Coaxial (RCA); Digital to Analog Converter(s): Esoteric K-03; Esoteric DV50S, Bel Canto RefLink; Preamplifier: Rowland Synergy IIi, Class'e SSP-800; Amplifier(s); Rowland M312, Bryston 6BSST; Loudspeakers: Avalon Indra's, B&W Signature 805's, Kharma Ceramique Center, Kharma Ceramique Sub; Miscellaneous: Amarra 4.2, OWC Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 HDD (12TB)

iTunes integration is great and the sound quality is superb.  One issue is there is some noise when one song ends and the following song starts.

Umetaro, Tokyo, Japan

Dela(Melco)N1A/2012 i5 Mac Mini with 16GB memory - Audirvana/Pure Music/Amarra/JRMC - Devialet 800 - Wilson Audio Sasha

Too bad, SQ of the new version (4.2.401) is clearly inferior than the version 4.1.360. Less natural, more digital, fewer bodies, too thin... (With iTunes deactivated)

For example the sound of cymbals does not please me...:(
And the DSD (DoP) is abandoned?

Mac Mini Late 2012 2,6QC I7 256SSD 16GB ram + Transcend 32SDHC / Kenneth Lau Signature Edition LPS + MMK UpTone Audio > Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1/Amarra 4Luxe /Audirvana+ 2.6.4 with PSP preQursor2 & Wave TubeSaturator2 AU plugin booted From SD Card w/CAD+Custom Scripts > UpTone Regen / Phasure Lush USB > Denafrips Terminator > Cardas Clear Beyond XLR > Goldmund Mimesis 37S > Nordost Tyr 2 XLR > Goldmund Telos 280 w/Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuses > Legato Scherzo > Magico S1 MKII w/SPOD 8

Hi. Anyone had successfully used IRC with itunes integration in the new released A4L built?

Thank you very much!

MBP 2012 ML 10.8.3 16 Gb and itunes 10.7 > Amarra Symphony with IRC, A+, PM> Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB + AQmicroUSB adaptor> Chord Hugo> Zensati #3 RCA > McIntosh C2500 preamp> Atlas Mavros XLR> McIntosh MC452 amplifier >Atlas Mavros speaker cable > Focal Scala Utopia > Ears > Brain > Enjoyment

Essential Audiotools Filtered Mains Multiplier/Sablon Audio Gran Corona

Analogue:Clearaudio master solution+SME V+Benz micro LP-S+Clearaudio Sixtream phono cable

HP: Ipod Classic 160Gb>Centrance Hifi-M8>Audeze LCD-X/Audeze LCD-XC

Upgraded to Amarra Luxe 4.2.401-166. For the first time, I could scan my entire music collection of 120k + songs at one go. For just this one, I am very happy that I don't need to spend days scanning my music collection to load it into the system.

Listing of the albums and artistes is much better too, with songs within compilations appearing under artiste view too.

I have yet to spend enough time listening to the system to be able to tell whether SQ is better, but at least the interface has drastically improved.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...

yes i agree  with you rodolfo 85 !!! i ,Faithfully hoping after this new release that SS has finally done something working ,have loaded my library but .....the same disaster! And also the  iTunes integration,that is considerably better working than any other Amarra  lib management ,is not so troubles free as it seems.I experimented jumps in playing some songs as the file could be corrupted....but with all the otehr players the same song is played in a correct way!All in  Sonic studio's.... style but this is one of the less serious and more acceptable problem from since A4 was born .

Hi. Anyone
Unfortunately, after update Amarra 4 Luxe, quality of sound deteriorated and don't appeared opportunity to sort the audio library by music genres. ITunes is not a good way for it because iITunes does not read some audio formats.

Surprised to hear from some here early on the most recent version of Amarra Luxe w/iTunes integration is a step back in SQ from the original Luxe version. It is undoubtedly a marked improvement over Amarra 3.0 in my system. Would be interested to know what Sonic Studios has to say regarding the difference in what people are hearing with both versions of Amarra Luxe. 

Music Server Operating System: 2010 Mac Mini OS X 10.9.5 (Maverick); Preferred Digital Interface(s): USB, FireWire, S/PDIF Coaxial (RCA); Digital to Analog Converter(s): Esoteric K-03; Esoteric DV50S, Bel Canto RefLink; Preamplifier: Rowland Synergy IIi, Class'e SSP-800; Amplifier(s); Rowland M312, Bryston 6BSST; Loudspeakers: Avalon Indra's, B&W Signature 805's, Kharma Ceramique Center, Kharma Ceramique Sub; Miscellaneous: Amarra 4.2, OWC Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 HDD (12TB)

SQ of Amarra 4 Luxe 4.2.401 better, than Amarra 3.0 but sound of Amarra 4 Luxe 4.1.364 little bit more analogue and natural then version 4.2.401.

I gave up on Amarra some time ago. Audirvana+ is a good alternative as some of you already known. Especially when you combine this software-player with the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) they support. It will easily outperform Amarra in every way. So, I recently bought the Sonore UltraRendu combined with a Chord Qutest DAC. However, you make an investment to ease the Amarra-pain.

Its worth remembering that while the software we listen to is the same - our personal HiFi systems, and in fact, our very physical ears are quite different.

This creates endless possible combinations of what we're actually listening to.  Which is to say, while feedback is certainly great, in the end, we have to trust our personal, direct experience.