IGNORED

New Amarra 4

Dancing got my Stellar today. Will hook it up tomorrow and be asking you some questions. Like first I want to by pass the internal pre amp and listen to it them I want to use Stellars pre amp.  I'll be using RCA's now until I get the XLR's later. Also where do you hook a REGEN at and what kind of adapter do I need? Enough for now.

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Have been playing with the new A4L beta that has iTunes integration.  So far... knock on wood... the iTunes integration works perfectly and all sounds very good.

Its a relief to get away from the A4L library madness and be able to be in the relatively sane world of iTunes.

I still feel that HQP with DSD 128 upsampling played through Roon sounds and functions better - but the price to get there is significant.

Kudos and thanks to Sonic Studio for successfully (so far) integrating iTunes.

Hi DancingSea

Where does I can download this beta? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just wanted to jump in and provide an update on the discussions above about product mix and where we are headed.

In the past we've tried to provide a unique solution for each group of users, ending up with Amarra Hifi, Amarra, Amarra Symphony, Amarra for TIDAL and Amarra sQ.  The level of confusion was exhausting and customers were not happy that they couldn't use one tool for everything.  Our goal is to simplify the number of product we have, not to expand that number.

We're focused on a 2 key products - Amarra 4 Luxe, our player and Amarra sQ+, our Audio Stream Enhancer.

Quick Note: Regarding iTunes integration, this is expected to be available on Mac only for engineering reasons.  Very sorry for any mis-information previously provided.

The vision for Amarra 4 Luxe is to be a one stop player to be used for local file playback and playback from some streaming services such as TIDAL.  We have a few other vendors on the list for future releases.

- iTunes integration for Mac, FLAC file support, DSD support, MQA unfolding or Passthrough to support any DAC.

- Within Amarra 4 Luxe, you'll have a choice to select tracks from your iTunes library via the iTunes interface (Mac only) or to select tracks by scanning local music folders for those tracks that are not supported by iTunes including FLAC and DSD files.

The vision for Amarra sQ+ is to continue to lead as a general purpose, audio stream enhancer - a series of professional grade tools that can be applied to almost any audio stream to improve the overall sound.  It includes lite versions of Sonic Studio Mastering EQ and Broadband noise reduction, pro grade volume control, metering and dithering, and an option for IRC Room Correction.

The Amarra Remote works with both Amarra sQ+ and Amarra 4 Luxe.  We know there is work to do on both A4 Luxe and the Amarra Remote and we are busy taking care of many open issues.  If you haven't done so yet, please update your Amarra Remote to v1.3 on the app store.

There are some additional features that are being added to the remote including the ability for local playback on your iDevice.  More to come on this soon :)

best

Ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

When can we expect Amarra 4 Luxe with iTunes integration to be released?

Music Server Operating System: 2010 Mac Mini OS X 10.9.5 (Maverick); Preferred Digital Interface(s): USB, FireWire, S/PDIF Coaxial (RCA); Digital to Analog Converter(s): Esoteric K-03; Esoteric DV50S, Bel Canto RefLink; Preamplifier: Rowland Synergy IIi, Class'e SSP-800; Amplifier(s); Rowland M312, Bryston 6BSST; Loudspeakers: Avalon Indra's, B&W Signature 805's, Kharma Ceramique Center, Kharma Ceramique Sub; Miscellaneous: Amarra 4.2, OWC Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 HDD (12TB)

Typical Sonic Studio ... too little, too late. They offer hope but rarely deliver. No doubt many have jumped shipped for one of their competitors. I spent quite a bit of money on their software over the years and spent much of that time frustrated and disappointed. Never again.

3 minutes ago, Melvin said:

Typical Sonic Studio ... too little, too late. They offer hope but rarely deliver. No doubt many have jumped shipped for one of their competitors. I spent quite a bit of money on their software over the years and spent much of that time frustrated and disappointed. Never again.

Like The Rolling Stones: It's all over now.

I'm enjoying listening to Amarra 4 Luxe w/IRC right now.  While file management is still somewhat buggy, the program as a whole is much more stable than previous versions -- in my own setup of course.  The sound quality remains terrific.

Newbie Since 2/2015.  Audirvana/Roon > Mid-2010 Mac Mini  > USB > AQ Jitterbug > Chord Electronics Mojo > Naim NAP160 power amplifier > Naim NACA5  > Spendor SP2/3r + stereo REL subs.  

On 1/18/2018 at 8:39 PM, CNoblet said:

I'm enjoying listening to Amarra 4 Luxe w/IRC right now.  While file management is still somewhat buggy, the program as a whole is much more stable than previous versions -- in my own setup of course.  The sound quality remains terrific.

It's same for me. The A4L can produce the terrific sound of music to me everytime I played. Even the file/library management still be buggy. I trust this problem will be resolved from the long expertise of Sonic Studion team. In the engineering way, the other player can do, the A4L will can do the same and do it better too. So I'm waiting for the released update version.

2 minutes ago, Surapong said:

It's same for me. The A4L can produce the terrific sound of music to me everytime I played. Even the file/library management still be buggy. I trust this problem will be resolved from the long expertise of Sonic Studion team. In the engineering way, the other player can do, the A4L will can do the same and do it better too. So I'm waiting for the released update version.

You are one of the The Last Mohicans about your trust en solving the file/library management. I prefer the sound, but I don't need the rest.

17 hours ago, jos said:

You are one of the The Last Mohicans about your trust en solving the file/library management. I prefer the sound, but I don't need the rest.

Exactly, anyone who says they trust Sonic Studio to get it right obviously don’t have much experience with them. But nonetheless I’m happy for those of you that are not bothered about the appalling library and playlist “functionality”, all to be more accurate, lack of of functionality. 

21 hours ago, quark said:

Exactly, anyone who says they trust Sonic Studio to get it right obviously don’t have much experience with them. But nonetheless I’m happy for those of you that are not bothered about the appalling library and playlist “functionality”, all to be more accurate, lack of of functionality. 

Thank you for your comment. I don't have much experience, may be?  I listen the file music via a computer since the ISA slot be used for many sound cards. :D

Why I'm happy and not bothered in A4L? Cause, the Sound Quality is the first priority in my music listening. A4L can make me feel an ambient, dynamic, transcient, transparent, timbre,  like I place my favorite LP on my love turntable and play.

For functonality, I think it will be comming soon. :D

3 hours ago, Surapong said:

Thank you for your comment. I don't have much experience, may be?  I listen the file music via a computer since the ISA slot be used for many sound cards. :D

Why I'm happy and not bothered in A4L? Cause, the Sound Quality is the first priority in my music listening. A4L can make me feel an ambient, dynamic, transcient, transparent, timbre,  like I place my favorite LP on my love turntable and play.

For functonality, I think it will be comming soon. :D

I’m exactly like you, sound quality is always the driving force. Which is why Amarra’s “new” ish audio players are so damn frustrating.

However recently Audirvana has released an update with new options which seem to either lower noise floor or just increase musical detail dramatically.

Although I only ever use direct mode, it for me, in my system, is far more absorbing than Amarra Luxe.

Luxe is less detailed and in your face, but slightly wider soundstage. Audirvana now feels like I’m closer to the soundstage, in my system.

A few are experiencing a few bugs with the new Audirvana SOX function, but I haven’t at all.

also some consider it a little harsh, but in my system, in direct mode, it sounds lovely, natural and not harsh at all. Maybe because I use a W4S Recovery usb reclocker, one of the best things I’ve purchased, which lowers computer noise dramatically, even more with a good power supply.

I also use a PV1 subwoofer to supplement my PM1’s lightweight bass to very pleasing effect.

recently I put some memory foam under the granite chopping board under the subwoofer, revealing so much mid range detail and imaging, very pleased and very surprised.

so Amarra Luxe isn’t so frustrating anymore, as for me it’s not the best sounding anymore, at this time.

the advice nearly every Amarra user will tell you is functionality probably won’t be coming soon, if at all. Unfortunately That’s not an emotionally driven opinion, just fact based on many years experience with Amarra.

Despite my long time allegiance to the A4L sound, I too have drifted away and into HQPlayer. It’s DSD upsampling provides superior sound. 

Roon elevates the library management to new heights.  And HQP can be bought at a nice discount here on CA. 

As Copy_of_a suggested, one can skirt Roon and just drag AIFF files directly into HQPlayer from the iTunes window. 

And Geoffrey has created a fairly well functioning app that allows HQPlayer to be the backend for iTunes.  See the active thread on that topic. 

Audirvana had has always sounded aggressive to me, no matter its configuration. 

50 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

As Copy_of_a suggested, one can skirt Roon and just drag AIFF files directly into HQPlayer from the iTunes window.

yes, but this only applies to files supported by HQPlayer (e.g. AIFF).

For ALAC or so you'd need Geoffrey's app.

Thread:

Latest version:

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

15 minutes ago, Jamesroy said:

Thanks for your speedy reply. So is it possible to compare iTunes with A+, but I guess that is a little illogical of me to ask that question since I would be using HQPlayer with iTunes. And where on CA can you buy HQPlayer?

iTunes functions well with A+, as I'm sure you know.  Then there's the separate app created by CA's own Geoffrey that allows iTunes to be the front end for HQP.  Audirvana and HQP do not have a relationship.

You can PM bibo01 for a nice discount on HQP.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/profile/10348-bibo01/