Jump to content
IGNORED

New Amarra 4


Recommended Posts

Hello,

I have a lot issues with last Amarra Luxe 4.1.364
In Settings,  I can no more check "Use Device Volume" ("Exclusive Access" is OK!)
I can no more uncheck "Check for updates on launch"
And more important: when i play a disc in format DSD (DSF), the first track of the disc play in 2x speed

(No problems with Amarra Luxe 4.0.295!!)

Best regards

 

Mac OS X Mavericks on Mac Mini late 2012 with Mytek DSD 192 DAC

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tipunch said:

Hello,

I have a lot issues with last Amarra Luxe 4.1.364
In Settings,  I can no more check "Use Device Volume" ("Exclusive Access" is OK!)
I can no more uncheck "Check for updates on launch"
And more important: when i play a disc in format DSD (DSF), the first track of the disc play in 2x speed

(No problems with Amarra Luxe 4.0.295!!)

Best regards

 

Mac OS X Mavericks on Mac Mini late 2012 with Mytek DSD 192 DAC

Hi,

To switch from one version to another, have you completly uninstall the old one ?

Inclluding selecting REMOVE on the dialog box that is presented.

I also had problems when I did not do so.

regards

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Lio_B said:

Hi,

To switch from one version to another, have you completly uninstall the old one ?

Inclluding selecting REMOVE on the dialog box that is presented.

I also had problems when I did not do so.

regards

 

Hello,

Thank you for your help!

Yes, I have tried both, completly uninstall and update...

 

For the moment, back to Amarra Luxe 4.0.295

 

Regards

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I personally don’t give a hoot about MQA and it’s questionable motives. Bring on native DSD capability soon!

 

The website says "Listen to your DSD files using DSD to PCM conversion (or Native DoP coming soon!)" Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen the term "Native DoP". But as far as I know, DoP (DSD over PCM) is indistinguishable from Native DSD, so alright then.

 

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who can hear a difference between DoP and Native DSD, using other software of course. My DAC does only DoP.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, left channel said:

 

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who can hear a difference between DoP and Native DSD, using other software of course. My DAC does only DoP.

 

I can do native DSD via the I2S connection on my DAC.  But DoP is supposed to be same same for quality...  the main point is to differentiate between DSD converted to PCM - which is what A4L does now - and the DoP signal which delivers the unconverted DSD signal to the DAC.... that's where the magic starts...

 

With all things Amarra, it can be challenging to understand their way of going about things.  The DoP check box has been there since the beginning of A4L, yet has remained dormant.  Why not get the product functioning and then release it???

 

But alas, this is a well trodden topic....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ver.4.1.364-146 report

1. Library management, just be faster for adding music but very very slower when close AM4L for data saving  (music/artwork), especially if we have a large number of album (2000 albums up).

Why AM4L have to save all data into library every time we added new music files? Even, I added only one ablum when I close AM4L, it took along time to save all data in library.  It should save only the new imported data that just added.
2. The missed display album (compilation album or VA album). I found the precedure to overcome this issue and the AM4L can display the ablum correctly, perfect. Just add the sort album artist in the right word. Just that.

Another feature that I prefer in AM4L, in playlist mode. Please add the grouping function of music song, show as ablum by album in the playlist, not put all music songs to show mixed together. That will be the greatest for us.

 

IMO, for the other function is great. Only the large library management support those be resolved ASAP.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just upgraded my Amarra 4 license to Amarra 4 Luxe hoping to play my DSF files.  I tried Wish you were here and it was just crackling all over the place.  Audirvana 3 plays this beautifully.  Does Amarra 4 not play multi channel DSF files?  I submitted a support ticket on the 19th and have not heard back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bommai said:

Just upgraded my Amarra 4 license to Amarra 4 Luxe hoping to play my DSF files.  I tried Wish you were here and it was just crackling all over the place.  Audirvana 3 plays this beautifully.  Does Amarra 4 not play multi channel DSF files?  I submitted a support ticket on the 19th and have not heard back.

 

For me, it plays DSD but converts to PCM first. Ugh!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw their Black Friday sale, so I purchased Amarra 4 Luxe. Now I'm trying to install and configure it, and I'm wondering if even $66 was too much to pay. I've submitted several support tickets already this morning, and it seems pretty clear that the Windows version is Beta-level at best. 

 

While I am waiting for them to sort out the Windows version, I was thinking of taking an old Macbook Air and configuring it as a Amarra-only machine. Could anyone with Mac experience give me any direction about how to configure Mac OSX (10.9.5) to maximize Amarra performance? (At this point, I'm not even trying to use the library function, just Tidal, but I would like to use the MQA decoding.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, musicfan145 said:

I saw their Black Friday sale, so I purchased Amarra 4 Luxe. Now I'm trying to install and configure it, and I'm wondering if even $66 was too much to pay. I've submitted several support tickets already this morning, and it seems pretty clear that the Windows version is Beta-level at best. 

 

While I am waiting for them to sort out the Windows version, I was thinking of taking an old Macbook Air and configuring it as a Amarra-only machine. Could anyone with Mac experience give me any direction about how to configure Mac OSX (10.9.5) to maximize Amarra performance? (At this point, I'm not even trying to use the library function, just Tidal, but I would like to use the MQA decoding.)

 

It is also slow & buggy on a Mac. Do not get your hopes up for a fix anytime soon. It's been almost a year since SS foisted this garbage software on the consumer. The one thing it does well is sound good; however, even wrt to sound both Audirvana+ and PureMusic are getting closer with each release.  In 2017, there is no excuse for the release of such poorly performing software. They'd be broke if they were in any other market than audio. Imagine a company releasing software this problematic, say in accounting or medical billing or industrial automation control. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Spherical Cow said:

 

Load it up with a 30k songs and see how long it takes to load and exit. Moreover, any player that lacks an ability to sort by genre is poorly designed.

 

Maybe so.  I have not tried it with that much volume.  I do like the newer interface a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Spherical Cow said:

 

Load it up with a 30k songs and see how long it takes to load and exit. Moreover, any player that lacks an ability to sort by genre is poorly designed.

I think all of us with sizeable music collections are suffering from the long loads and exits. Each subsequent addition only means a longer load/exit.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lio_B said:

If you modify your library, you can start a "save" while listening music and you will not have to wait when you stopped Amarra.

 

Yes. the problem almost occurrs when click save by myself. In my case, it will make a freezing, it must quit the app to allow to save the library. 

 

16 hours ago, Spherical Cow said:

 

Load it up with a 30k songs and see how long it takes to load and exit. Moreover, any player that lacks an ability to sort by genre is poorly designed.


I'm too, with more than 30K songs. Sonicstudio team must resolve/overcome this barrier problem with a large music library management and also the genre sorting should be added in the next update.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking through an idea ...

 

When I listen to analogue, I go to my library and select the LP,  maybe because I have remembered something I want to listen to, or by browsing within a genre (rock, jazz, classical, shows etc). I get the record out of the sleeve, dust it, put it on and carefully drop the needle and listen to that music.

 

So when I want to listen to digital, perhaps I should emulate this. Look in my iTunes library where everything is catalogued (AAC, FLAC, ALAC etc). When I have chosen what I want to listen to I add it to the Amarra library (get the record out of the sleeve and onto the turntable). When I have finished listening I flush the library (put the record back in the sleeve). Then I am ready to listen to the next piece of music. 

 

I had previously paid for Amarra 4 but got my money back when I lost patience with the time I wasted on it which I can never replace in my life. Recently upgraded my system so am tempted to try again ... with different expectations. I accept that the sound is great. I accept that the rest of the software is criminally inadequate and that we are being scammed when it is claimed to have library management but does not ... I accept all this and play the music the way I listen to analogue ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NickDun said:

So when I want to listen to digital, perhaps I should emulate this. Look in my iTunes library where everything is catalogued (AAC, FLAC, ALAC etc). When I have chosen what I want to listen to I add it to the Amarra library (get the record out of the sleeve and onto the turntable). When I have finished listening I flush the library (put the record back in the sleeve). Then I am ready to listen to the next piece of music. 

 Does FLAC work in iTunes now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Can’t believe how nobody is mentioning how terrible playlist function is. Can’t even change the playing/track order in the playlist,  that is unbelievable in any day not just 2017, absolutely incredible.

Ios APP May as well not exist it’s that useless, and they even updated it recently. 

But I’m getting emails from Sonic Studio celebrating record sales, so don’t expect much improvement in the future, they have no pressure on them to fix anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...