IGNORED

New Amarra 4

In my method, load times are rarely more than a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I scan the whole library by pointing the xml-file, and that is time consuming if you have about 18000 songs. And then I play them random during the day. I normally do some adding/correcting in iTunes, so I want to have a background refresh functionality in Amarra. In Audirvana I only use the sync functionality and that is working fine. In Amarra I must clear and load again.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I scan the whole library by pointing the xml-file, and that is time consuming if you have about 18000 songs. And then I play them random during the day. I normally do some adding/correcting in iTunes, so I want to have a background refresh functionality in Amarra. In Audirvana I only use the sync functionality and that is working fine. In Amarra I must clear and load again.

Yes, I have 31,000 songs. I gave up on using Amarra 4 like that, loading the whole iTunes library. Just use Amarra 4 for one time listening of a few CD's, or of a full modestly sized playlist (1000 songs max) created in iTunes and dragged into Amarra using the method previous described. That works well.

The whole xml-file thing is looking for trouble.

Yes, I have 31,000 songs. I gave up on using Amarra 4 like that, loading the whole iTunes library. Just use Amarra 4 for one time listening of a few CD's, or of a full modestly sized playlist (1000 songs max) created in iTunes and dragged into Amarra using the method previous described. That works well.

The whole xml-file thing is looking for trouble.

This is pretty much where I am as well. Even with the interim upgrades, A4 doesnt handle a half decent size library at all well. My library of 35k+ just fails to load, period.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

Also, in my method, Amarra handles adding addition songs well. It's the difference between the scan iTunes feature vs the scan folder feature in Amarra. The folder option, of a modest amount of tracks - works well.

I'm completely over the scan iTunes feature. Ugh.

Also, in my method, Amarra handles adding addition songs well. It's the difference between the scan iTunes feature vs the scan folder feature in Amarra. The folder option, of a modest amount of tracks - works well.

I'm completely over the scan iTunes feature. Ugh.

Your approach will work acceptable for you, but not for me. Anyhow, thanks for the explanation.

my Amarra 4 trial ended in failure with the library scan issue - at first I scanned several folders and it worked then on later uses it only picked up a folder and not the others I added. I think for me it is time to say good bye to Amarra. I am going to delete amarra for tidal (waste of money - never worked well), amarra sq (totally pissed when after I paid for it a better version came out that I had to pay for to get) and Amarra Symphony (paid $500 for this years ago - enjoyed it early on until later iterations had issues and audirvana came along with greater stability).

You could drag all 18,000 songs into a separate folder. In Amarra, use the scan folder feature instead of the scan iTunes feature to import into Amarra 4. To add stray songs, just drag from iTunes into the folder and rescan in Amarra. It will only add the new songs, not all 18,000.

Just an idea!

You could drag all 18,000 songs into a separate folder. In Amarra, use the scan folder feature instead of the scan iTunes feature to import into Amarra 4. To add stray songs, just drag from iTunes into the folder and rescan in Amarra. It will only add the new songs, not all 18,000.

Just an idea!

Yes, I can do that, thanks, and in the beginning I was doing exactly that, but I want my iTunes playlists too. And if they offer this functionality it should work properly and also with an refresh function, like Audirvana. So no work around for me.

my Amarra 4 trial ended in failure with the library scan issue - at first I scanned several folders and it worked then on later uses it only picked up a folder and not the others I added. I think for me it is time to say good bye to Amarra. I am going to delete amarra for tidal (waste of money - never worked well), amarra sq (totally pissed when after I paid for it a better version came out that I had to pay for to get) and Amarra Symphony (paid $500 for this years ago - enjoyed it early on until later iterations had issues and audirvana came along with greater stability).

Agree, I'm leaving them too and definitely choose for Audirvana. I already stopped beta-testing and removed Amarra. Perhaps I will look into Amarra 4 luxe, after several updates in 1918. I believe it's a death end for them if they don't fire there development team and start over again. I already advices them to make one program, like Audirvana and Roon is doing, and put all there efforts in one application

Finally I bought Amarra 4. I like its sound and I don't mind very much how it manages the songs library. I don't make any kind of lists in iTunes.

I can play Amarra 4 from my iPad without pay for a new extra App. I bought long time ago CloudConnect App and it works well enough because my Mac Mini and my iPad are in the same network. Even with a first generation iPad, it works!

Received V231 beta link today and tested.

After update, tried to scan for music after clear songs, then Amarra 4 started to crash.... no longer able to scan songs...

So I reinstalled V211 which is the most stable version for my use with using folder option for music library.

After V211, Amarra started to show only 102 albums vs totally 317 albums it should show. Then after visiting the setting up page and going back to albums page, it shows 317 albums....

It is getting worse and worse when I receive new betas.... really hoping Amarra 4 to be stable soon.

Received V231 beta link today and tested.

After update, tried to scan for music after clear songs, then Amarra 4 started to crash.... no longer able to scan songs...

So I reinstalled V211 which is the most stable version for my use with using folder option for music library.

After V211, Amarra started to show only 102 albums vs totally 317 albums it should show. Then after visiting the setting up page and going back to albums page, it shows 317 albums....

It is getting worse and worse when I receive new betas.... really hoping Amarra 4 to be stable soon.

Same here!

As per 2 previous comments .... Unable to scan anything at all.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

Oh dear Sonic Studio, I'm starting to feel sorry for you a little bit if I hadn't had to pay for the software :-)

Anyway as everyone has said the new beta version keeps crashing as soon as you click scan folder.

However I've managed to get it to scan the folder, you have to delete the 2 new files they've put in the amarra folder in your applications folder. Then when you open Amarra 4 those 2 files will reappear but the scan will be okay and it won't crash Amarra.

Oh dear Sonic Studio, I'm starting to feel sorry for you a little bit if I hadn't had to pay for the software :-)

Anyway as everyone has said the new beta version keeps crashing as soon as you click scan folder.

However I've managed to get it to scan the folder, you have to delete the 2 new files they've put in the amarra folder in your applications folder. Then when you open Amarra 4 those 2 files will reappear but the scan will be okay and it won't crash Amarra.

Strange!

Thanks Quark, your workaround works :)

You are a genius ... sonic studio should hire you :)

Let's enjoy the music .

Quarks solution seems to work. Well done that man.

You are correct, small oversite on our part, sorry for any inconvenience. A new installer is available for download the does not create the two files initially. They were a leftover from our testing.

Nothing else in the installer has changed except this item. The new installer is there in case you need it.

Best

Ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

You are correct, small oversite on our part, sorry for any inconvenience. A new installer is available for download the does not create the two files initially. They were a leftover from our testing.

Nothing else in the installer has changed except this item. The new installer is there in case you need it.

Best

Ralph

I could not resist to test the latest Amarra version. The iTunes XML option, which is my preferred option, is still crashing. The folder scan is working properly until now, but a little slow. Sound wise I could not notice a lot of difference between Audirvana 3 and Amarra on my system; perhaps Audirvana is a little clearer with some more dept/separation. Audirvana seems to be a little warmer/flatter. But this is just my first impression.

I could not resist to test the latest Amarra version. The iTunes XML option, which is my preferred option, is still crashing. The folder scan is working properly until now, but a little slow. Sound wise I could not notice a lot of difference between Audirvana 3 and Amarra on my system; perhaps Audirvana is a little clearer with some more dept/separation. Audirvana seems to be a little warmer/flatter. But this is just my first impression.

If the scan is crashing, please take a look in your Amarra 4 folder and open the AmarraScanFiles.txt file. The last entry in the file should give you an indication of what file is causing the crash. Let us know what file it is. You can try removing that file from your library and re-scan to see if that resolves the issue.

best

ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

I am having the following issues with Amarra 4 purchased.

About 20 albums are being classified as "Various Artists" when they clearly are not. I open the album and edit the Meta Data to change from Various Artists to whatever the album artist is and then save. When I reopen, the album is still classified as Various Artists.

I cannot find a away to adjust the EQ settings even though there is a Custom and User radio button available.

The SQ is nowhere near as good as using sQ+ and iTunes.

I am having the following issues with Amarra 4 purchased.

About 20 albums are being classified as "Various Artists" when they clearly are not. I open the album and edit the Meta Data to change from Various Artists to whatever the album artist is and then save. When I reopen, the album is still classified as Various Artists.

I cannot fine a away to adjust the EQ settings even though there is a Custom and User radio button available.

The SQ is nowhere near as good as using sQ+ and iTunes.

Its so funny how subjective all of this is. I considered purchasing SQ+ during the last Pi sale. I tried it with both iTunes and Tidal. I thought the sound of Amarra 4 was so much better, that I decided to wait for Luxe and continue to use Amarra HiFi for iTunes.

Its like we're inmates is some sort of asylum with nice audio equipment, chasing windmills only seen and heard by ourselves.

Its so funny how subjective all of this is. I considered purchasing SQ+ during the last Pi sale. I tried it with both iTunes and Tidal. I thought the sound of Amarra 4 was so much better, that I decided to wait for Luxe and continue to use Amarra HiFi for iTunes.

Its like we're inmates is some sort of asylum with nice audio equipment, chasing windmills only seen and heard by ourselves.

I want out of this audio asylum!

Well Amarra 4 is new and hopefully they work out the bugs. For me, A4 is not even close to sQ+ in terms of sound quality. I feel a little better since I did buy A4 during the PI sale.