IGNORED

New Amarra 4

Amarra have just sent me a notification email and looking through their website I'm struggling to see the difference between 4 and 4 Luxe.

Can anyone enlighten me pls

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

• 1 month later...

So the upgrade cost from 3.0 to 4.0 is $25, would someone from Amarra like to say how much the upgrade is from 3.0 to Luxe and for those who have already bought 4.0, the cost from 4.0 to Luxe

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

Thanks for that. I'm not signed up for their newsletter so didnt see it. Had a look around their website but couldnt find it there.

Well, in spike of all the -ve feedback, I thought I would give it a go.

A couple of issues which were more than likely down to me which have now more or less been sorted.

But PLEEEEZ, can someone tell me how to delete an individual album from the library. Right click, no delete.......

Dont tell me I have to clear the entire library and reload!

Hi Greg,

We're about to release a new build, a lot of fixes that were giving people headaches. Should be out tonite or tomorrow.

best

Ralph

Any news Ralph. We're getting desparate.

There's a recommended 25K track limit. Is that set in stone or has anyone succcessfully imported more than this. My library is around 40K and I seem to have managed to import it OK but I'm concerned that there may be a problem with it working long term.

Thanks in advance.

I also have the new beta and tried to import using the itunes button. After about an hour .... Biiig fail. Comes up with a message Amarra Quit Unexpectedly. Tried to restart Amarra, no go at all. Restarted mac, Amarra wont restart. In the end I deleted it and reinstalled. Not sure if I want to import the whole library again, maybe I'll just import songs for a listening session then remove them when finished.

Further to my previous post, as I couldnt deactivate my previous install, does that mean I have lost one of my possible two activations?

That's a very good question. With the first beta, I did the same, uninstalled and reverted back to the original release. I put the activation code in like normal. Perhaps Ralph can let us know if our beta testing efforts inadvertently used up our second activation. If yes, hopefully Ralph can reinstate us!

I have just sent Ralph an email. I will relay his response when I get it.

Update from previous post. I contacted Ralph and he has sorted my activations so I can install on 2 machines.

I think this will be a case of contacting Ralph individually but he was very quick with a reply.

I did uninstall the original Amarra 4.01 before installing 4.02 (the new beta).

Greg

I didn't so maybe thats something to be aware of

I did uninstall the original A4 before installing version 4.0.216 (beta). A4 repeatedly quit at around 60% using the iTunes import feature. Have reverted back to the original.

Me too. For me, the new release was worse than the first by a big margin.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, I have 31,000 songs. I gave up on using Amarra 4 like that, loading the whole iTunes library. Just use Amarra 4 for one time listening of a few CD's, or of a full modestly sized playlist (1000 songs max) created in iTunes and dragged into Amarra using the method previous described. That works well.

The whole xml-file thing is looking for trouble.

This is pretty much where I am as well. Even with the interim upgrades, A4 doesnt handle a half decent size library at all well. My library of 35k+ just fails to load, period.

As per 2 previous comments .... Unable to scan anything at all.

Quarks solution seems to work. Well done that man.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I give up! How do you delete a single album from the library?

13 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Oh, that's just another one of the those cute little quirks that makes Amarra so charming.... to remove one, you have to clear the whole library.

You may reasonably expect that this would be a most basic function. After waiting for a version that would import my whole library of 35k+ plus tracks and all I wanted to do was update album picture. Back to square 1 and just load al ums for that session.

Theres no getting away from the good SQ but library management nedds some work.

• 1 year later...

Just upgraded to Luxe as it was on special. Overall I'm pleased but have a quick question regarding the Upsampling function.

If you select Upsampling, Amarra sends Max supported rate to the DAC. Its basically Off or Max, in my case 176.4 Khz. Is there any where that you can select another Upsample rate, for example, 96 Khz.

• 1 month later...

My only issue with A4L is the pop / noise between tracks. While the pop is annoying enough it also causes the EQ to switch itself off. 

I have found that disabling upsampling stops the pops from happening, not sure why that should be the case. I would like to have upsampling on but thats just doesnt seem possible unless I am prepared to put up with the issues above.

Any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

I do not intend this sarcastically, but for me, literally the best solution was to get Roon and HQPlayer, and I haven’t looked back for 7 months now. Once one of the most diehard Amarra supporters on this thread, I haven’t launched it in months and both my life and audiophile experience are now enhanced. 

I'm looking, but initial investigation seems to show that my computing hardware isnt really up to the job. This would require significant investment which isnt an option for now

6 hours ago, ghostdog said:

upgrade for amarra today

return of mode browser !

Annddddd..... Also a note in the update notification email that there will be no support for older versions in the up and coming OSX update