Dreaming Jester

New Amarra 4

On 11/18/2017 at 5:24 AM, twist222 said:

Would iTunes intergration also preclude the use of many of the new features of A4 ? DSD playback,Tidal playback, upsampling, support for flac files. 

Regards

Mark

22 hours ago, lbcyclist said:

I think the fabulous sound is the only reason most of us are sticking with Amarra through this library mess. 

18 hours ago, foodfiend said:

I think most of us would support that statement! :)

Yes, IMO, the AM4L is sound perfectly and characteristic nearly the LP. For the sound quality, not matter to say anything.

The AM4L, the latest version 4.1.360-142, many things are improved even the library. But it still has the issue problem with the compilation album. Some compilation album (Various Artist album) are display all music tracks perfectly, but many VA albums are separated to show as many album one by one artist in that album. 
It's not pretty for me that I would like to listen the music file album as the CD/LP.  And so on this splitting will be worse in a music managment. 

I hope in the next update of AM4L, just resolve this issue first will make AM fans around the World feel happily rather than MQA integration :D

Ver.4.1.364-146 report

1. Library management, just be faster for adding music but very very slower when close AM4L for data saving  (music/artwork), especially if we have a large number of album (2000 albums up).

Why AM4L have to save all data into library every time we added new music files? Even, I added only one ablum when I close AM4L, it took along time to save all data in library.  It should save only the new imported data that just added.
2. The missed display album (compilation album or VA album). I found the precedure to overcome this issue and the AM4L can display the ablum correctly, perfect. Just add the sort album artist in the right word. Just that.

Another feature that I prefer in AM4L, in playlist mode. Please add the grouping function of music song, show as ablum by album in the playlist, not put all music songs to show mixed together. That will be the greatest for us.

IMO, for the other function is great. Only the large library management support those be resolved ASAP.

1 hour ago, Lio_B said:

If you modify your library, you can start a "save" while listening music and you will not have to wait when you stopped Amarra.

Yes. the problem almost occurrs when click save by myself. In my case, it will make a freezing, it must quit the app to allow to save the library. 

16 hours ago, Spherical Cow said:

Load it up with a 30k songs and see how long it takes to load and exit. Moreover, any player that lacks an ability to sort by genre is poorly designed.

I'm too, with more than 30K songs. Sonicstudio team must resolve/overcome this barrier problem with a large music library management and also the genre sorting should be added in the next update.

10 hours ago, Amarra_Support said:

Hi All,

Thought I'd jump in here again.  As you all well know, there have been many issues with Amarra 4 that we've been trying to address. The biggest was getting to a point where you can scan your library without Amarra crashing.  There were many challenges in this area on both Mac and Windows platforms, but we do believe they've been addressed.  The next key area was finishing up the MQA integration on both Mac and Windows platforms.   We have several very high priority items that we need to address, the biggest of the 2 are making sure your scanned library imports into the correct albums and artists, the other is the tracks being listed and playing in the correct order.  Not all of you see these issues, depending on what you listen to.   We know Artwork is an issue, however scanning a complete library and having tracks in the correct locations are a bit higher in priority for us.

In the meantime, we are working on a solution including iTunes, more information will be available in the coming weeks.

best

Ralph

Hi, Ralph

It's great for your priority solving issues. There are three issues those you have to give us asap. The first is "make the A4L loads all music tracks in each album correctly, the second "don't allow the A4L spit the tracks in one album to many album in the library, the third "don't let the A4L saves the whole library information every time it saves". No need to waste the time to start save information from no.1 track to the last no. xxxxxxx track or whole tracks. just save only the additional information those we just added, like the iTunes save the library information". These are three issues those the first priority must be resolved into the next update and please done asap.

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Have been playing with the new A4L beta that has iTunes integration.  So far... knock on wood... the iTunes integration works perfectly and all sounds very good.

Its a relief to get away from the A4L library madness and be able to be in the relatively sane world of iTunes.

I still feel that HQP with DSD 128 upsampling played through Roon sounds and functions better - but the price to get there is significant.

Kudos and thanks to Sonic Studio for successfully (so far) integrating iTunes.

Hi DancingSea

Where does I can download this beta? Thanks

On 1/18/2018 at 8:39 PM, CNoblet said:

I'm enjoying listening to Amarra 4 Luxe w/IRC right now.  While file management is still somewhat buggy, the program as a whole is much more stable than previous versions -- in my own setup of course.  The sound quality remains terrific.

It's same for me. The A4L can produce the terrific sound of music to me everytime I played. Even the file/library management still be buggy. I trust this problem will be resolved from the long expertise of Sonic Studion team. In the engineering way, the other player can do, the A4L will can do the same and do it better too. So I'm waiting for the released update version.

21 hours ago, quark said:

Exactly, anyone who says they trust Sonic Studio to get it right obviously don’t have much experience with them. But nonetheless I’m happy for those of you that are not bothered about the appalling library and playlist “functionality”, all to be more accurate, lack of of functionality. 

Thank you for your comment. I don't have much experience, may be?  I listen the file music via a computer since the ISA slot be used for many sound cards. :D

Why I'm happy and not bothered in A4L? Cause, the Sound Quality is the first priority in my music listening. A4L can make me feel an ambient, dynamic, transcient, transparent, timbre,  like I place my favorite LP on my love turntable and play.

For functonality, I think it will be comming soon. :D

For the PCM fans, I just tested the A4L 4.2.404-166. It can handle a large album of music library (up to 5K albums in my Mac Mini Late 2009, 8 GB RAM). And the missing/scattering display of the VA album was resolved. Very happy. 

Yes, after uninstalled and install a new 4.3 version. The sound is very natural. Music listening become like the vinyl record atmosphere. Thanks for devolopment.

20 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Yes, Amarra is a problem child for sure.  I’m finding it works best with its local library empty.  Either iTunes integration mode, or Tidal seem to work well.  The other day when I loaded a meager 40 tracks into Amarra’s local library I got that loud pop between tracks that causes concern for the health of my tweeters.

I downloaded A+ 3.5 yesterday and will try it out.  I so much want to like A+ as it would solve my music player woes.  The new interface is really good, somewhat Roon like.  I’m wondering if my brightness issue might have to do with my 20 year old DH Labs Silver Sonic T14 speaker cables, silver coated copper.  Just ordered some AudioQuest Rocket 33’s (bi wire) that are reputed for being warm and full bodied, pure copper, no silver.  I’m hoping this will bring me to peace with Audirvana.

Roon is, in my assessment, too expensive for a library management system, great as it is along with its capacity to work with HQPLAYER.

Hi, all readers. Yes I agree with DancingSea and another users. For the good sound quality/ambient/tempo of the PCM music listening, Amarra 4 Luxe and iTunes library is the answer (if your system is good quality level). If we need to try another format like DSD/SACD ISO, the added A+ in to the Mac mini is the right answer also. Or if we have time just drag the folder of music DSD file in to the Amarra playlist is also convenient way to do. Farthermore, just LP listening is my favorite way 😁

hi, everyone and Amarra supporter,

Today, I have found the problem with Amarra 4 Luxe (lastest) Openning on Windows 10 (latest updating). The problem, after double clicks on the Amarra Luxe icon, my Windows 10 crashed suddently with the Blue Screen and restart the Windows.

Does anyone have found this problem? and How to resolve? I tried to uninstall and reinstall with the lastest Amarra Luxe version. It does the same, Crash everytime I make double cliicks on Amarra.

Thank you.

Surapong