IGNORED

New Amarra 4

I had Amarra 3 on my mac pro which I am about to retire, I bought a mac mini as a music server and Amarra 4 Luxe. I installed it yesterday and it has been a day of frustration. First, everything takes forever, second it shuffles tracks between playlists, clearing the library doesn't actually do that, I had to go and delete multiple playlists manually, it's app is amateurish at best, takes forever to scroll through lists while it fetches data in small chunks and doesn't anticipate what you'll do next. In short, it's a mess. I mailed them asking for my money back and reinstatement of my Amarra 3 licnese which I will install and use with iTunes as I did until now. 

On November 1, 2017 at 5:46 AM, quark said:

So as my Amarra Luxe doesn’t seem to tell me when there is an updated version on the Sonic Studio website I’ve been periodically  checking.  Downloaded the recent update 4.1.361 and now in the app and browser mode artists and albums have disappeared. Refreshing the page doesn’t bring them back, just a blank screen with the message "no artists", or "no albums".

There's now also 362 and it's still not,indexing correctly. Click on a song and it presents you with some random choice. Click on an album and it plays a succession of random choices. 

14 hours ago, GregWormald said:

The "Playlist" function in A3 worked well, and iTunes was still the library manager.

The "Library" function in A4 has more bugs than a swamp and is virtually useless for choosing and playing music. The only thing that works (for me) is to clean it out every session and only load one night's music at a time--and even so it mis-files albums. Then I have to update iTunes manually.

I really wish it wasn't (IMO) the best sounding player.

the main problem here is that they released a non-working product to the market and expect their customers to debug it. I may come back to it if and when it works. Right now I am happy after going back to A3.

1 minute ago, Munchoba said:

I've been very critical of the latest Amarra offerings, and rightly so, with all of the library bugs and other issues, but to be fair... just got the newer version and... Goddamnit...THAT SOUND! Unbeatable.

Bernard

I think the fabulous sound is the only reason most of us are sticking with Amarra through this library mess. 

• 1 year later...

Having had miserable experiences with Amarra 4 I downgraded and stayed with Amarra 3. Now that my Mac is on Mojave it seems I am being forced to pay $79 to experience that misery again. From the most recent comments it seems the problems with the library and remote are not fully fixed, especially for headless configuration. Is that true? I am reluctant to spend more days making this work only to give up and ask for a refund. Any advice?