IGNORED

New Amarra 4

1 hour ago, ddalmas said:

hi  people who love good vibrations...i have just downloaded the PSPpreQursor2 plugin and started in demo mode and then loaded as an audio unit in Audurvana+ . Well from the first listening i can say that it gives a sound to A+ very very similar to A4,just using it as an analog filter. it seems to me that it gives more dynamics to the sound than A4 ,that still has it different sound and still maybe better ,but i believe that this plugin after some further efforts would be great! A+ is nearly compared in sound to A4. I would invite many of you to try it in demo just to exchange opinions  ,created  presets and all what is possible to have nice sounds from our Macs! i advertise that to load it in demo mode is a bit laborious as you have to download the iLok app to activate it but believe me it is worth to work a little, i know it is not cheap but.... what wouldn't we do for our sacred ears !!i remain waiting for your opinions and suggestions. for the moment ,even if difficult to say A4 still sounds slightly better ,but not much at all...please try it and let me know

ciao to you all

Hi everybody,

I had just tried this plugin with A+ with only analog mode, I'm agree, it sound really better, less agressive, thanks for this information and I'm waiting for some of your presets.

I'm also a A4 user for the sound quality.

• 4 weeks later...

In waitting Amarra 4 Luxe, I tested Pure Music with iTunes, which I left for a long time, I added PreQursor2 plugin in PM (analogue +12 and EQ with a little gain + 0,6)

I compared with Amarra 4, it's even closer than A+ with PreQursor2.

Low frequencies are more precise with PM, high are prettier with A4

The advantage of PM is to use iTunes with app Remote

To be tested for PM owners.

About SQ+ with iTunes.

Remember A3 when you toggle Amarra3 with iTunes compare to A3 set playlist for playback.

Everyone say that A3 with playback sounds better.

It's quite the same with A4 alone between SQ+ with iTunes.

In each case Amarra must first correct iTunes sound
But if you're OK with SQ+ with iTunes, you will save money.

On 03/07/2017 at 9:23 AM, tipunch said:

Hello for info I bought PSP PreQursor2 for 51$ here (It is just necessary to open an free account).

I bought this plugin yesturday, the good news, it is taxe Free, it cost me 53€ while on the official site it is 93€ with taxes.

on the other hand, they are out of stock, probably forum members have emptied the stock :-)

I'm still waitting my serial number...

On 30/06/2017 at 9:52 PM, DancingSea said:

Interesting.  They released a quick beta last night and said release was very soon.  The beta was 25% larger than the many previous betas.

As for the suggested "launch browser" mode that's sounds better than app mode: As mentioned, make Chrome your default browser.

When Amarra 4 Luxe is initially launched upon install, I find the "launch browser" option is not listed in the "window" drop down menu.  Just quit A4L, and relaunch.  Then the "launch browser" option appears. Select it.  Quit again.  And relaunch.  Then it will launch into Chrome.

I suggest testing the browser option with a small batch of test tracks.  I've not been able to get it to save the library, even though its supposed to, but the "save" option was greyed out for me.  Hopefully they've solved that on the official release!  Just don't want someone to take hours to load in their entire library into browser mode only to have A4 not save it.

Very interested to hear what our esteemed panel thinks of the browser based SQ!

I had tried to launch the browser with Chrome.

The result is impressive, it sounds much better, more spacial, more realistic and accurate.

For middle and to of the spectrum, it's even better than HQPlayer, wich for me was the reference 

I adopted it

No problem with library size.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, copy_of_a said:

on my machine A4 Luxe at least could save (and re-load after restart) a library containing 1000 albums.

However, when I tried to scroll down the library slowly by 1 page using the touchpad of my  Pro it scrolled down the entire library to the end (no way to stop it from scrolling down). This was with the recommended Chrome browser on the latest El Capitan. 

I had the same issue with scrolling, just look at the Chrome settings, and disable smooth scrolling

regards

1 hour ago, copy_of_a said:

I suspect "Direct Mode" is not checked in your settings (?).

If you enable "Direct Mode" a little drop down menu appears where you can select Mode 1 or Mode 2.

Mode 2 sounds a bit warmer.

Note: due to OS X limitations "Direct Mode" doesn't work on Sierra. If you are on El Capitan it should work as advertised.

(There's a workaround to enable "Direct Mode" on Sierra... can be found on the A+ thread...)

I work on Sierra and with the tips I do direct mode enable.

You must select exclusif access before direct mode to make the choice appear.

I don't select exclusif acces because I used many players

Thanks

49 minutes ago, jiminlogansquare said:

As a control, have you tried comparing Roon to Amarra with iRC turned off to determine how much of the improvement you hear with Amarra is attributable to the room-correction functions of iRC? I use Roon with Dirac Live and also have Amarra 4 with iRC. In my room, iRC/Dirac has the more dramatic improvement on sound for both Roon and Amarra. But I also find that Amarra is distinguishable from Roon when the iRC/Dirac variable is controlled for, just not necessarily better sounding than Roon - my ears, my taste, my system, my room ... of course.

I have a room correction made by my DSP in my numeric pre amp.

So I worked with Roon and Amarra without their integrated correction, Amarra sounds better with my system. Roon is better with HQPlayer.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Data said:

OK so bit perfect and puremusic are the options then that are the ones to go for.

I think they are not realy pricey so i might just go and by both to try and see what best voor my set up then.

Thanks

I have BitPerfect, Pure Music, Audirvana+, Amarra3, Amarra SQ+, HQPlayer, Amarra4 luxe, I have also PreQursor2 plugin and of course iTunes

If you want to stay with iTunes you can use : BitPerfect, PM, A3, SQ+

in order of SQ impact:

Bitperfect, very small difference (on my system) but not expensive

SQ+, good compromise between price & result, it will also improved your streaming sound.

PM, really better (you can add plugin in the futur), but expensive

Amarra3, best SQ solution with iTunes, (best in playback mode) but if you want it you have to ask Ralph I suppose ! price could be the same as PM

But as it is known itunes SQ is very bad.

3 hours ago, Data said:

Thanks Lio for the extra info , i installed Bitperfect yesterday just to see how it would play with iTunes and i really like how it does it job, SQ i havent heard beacuse on that machine i only have some comp speakers.

So if you compare PM and Amarra3 in the way that it works with iTunes does it work sort of like the same ,i mean in the background or do you hve to use a diffrent interface to use those and browse your music in itunes and then drop it on the PM or A3 ?

How bitperfect doees its job is realy the optimal way if you ask me, it don't see any negative at all, i'm talking how it works not how it sounds of course .

Thanks for the info.

I would post you later some screeshots to see who it looks with iTunes.

You don't have to use another interface, you run PM or A3, and you still use iTunes like before.

About library: In fact I only have one library for all soft. Even for A+, A4(for A4 you need to clean your iTunes metadata :-) but it works).

even for SACD files, I put them in my iTunes lirary (of course iTunes don't see them), A+ can read my iso or FLAC files weach are in iTunes library.  it's a solution.

Good tests.

1 minute ago, Data said:

Hey Lio , you mean 1 music folder i think to library, beacuse itnues will not add flac to its library so this means the other progrmaas have there own library file and just look at the same media folder, witch is a good way to do it i think.

Yes, in A4 or A+ you choose the folder where your library is

You choose your iTunes library folder where you can add what you want.

I Was an iTunes user for a long time, but for SQ I don't run iTunes anymore but still use it's library.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ddalmas said:

i have also tested the old A3,more friendly to  be used..... but it sounds more poor than A4 on the contrary i have realized the amazing space scene of Fidelia!! the best in that

i wait for your comments

ciaociao

I have just installed Fidela trial, add my PSP PreQursor2 plugin (but difficult to hear a difference with or without the plugin)

Compared with A4L, Fidela is the software which is closest to A4 about SQ. (in blind test)

Very interesting, but my SQ preference go to A4.

Perhaps it could sound better with licence because of the advanced setting and izotope settings.

Regards

• 1 month later...

About Amarra's iTunes integration.

For those who own Amarra 3, you can test:

- Amarra 3 toggle with iTunes

- Amarra 3 in playback mode

From a purely sound quality level, Amarra alone is better

Their choice to separate from iTunes  is good for this reason, for library management is more complicated.

1 hour ago, ddalmas said:

We all know that in stand alone the programs sound better than in iTunes dependent mode, but if in standalone it is a disaster well .....the minor damage is to use it in iTunes dependance mode..isn’t it?

ciao ciao

It all depends on the usage and listening conditions.

when you use Amarra to run a playlist without being in a position of audiophile (in background music), actually the management of the iTunes library is important.

But if you are in audiophile listening position, installed in front of your system, you can quickly find the tracks you want to listen to, and in this configuration the playlist management is less important.

For me the playlist management is not a priority, it is above all sound quality, to each his point of view.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, quark said:

So as my Amarra Luxe doesn’t seem to tell me when there is an updated version on the Sonic Studio website I’ve been periodically  checking.  Downloaded the recent update 4.1.361 and now in the app and browser mode artists and albums have disappeared. Refreshing the page doesn’t bring them back, just a blank screen with the message "no artists", or "no albums".

In the song section everything still there, playlists still there if I refresh the page, but artists and albums have disappeared.

This was happening just in browsing mode previously, but the new update now makes albums and artists disappear in the normal app also.

If I clear library and Scan library again everything appears okay until the next time I open Luxe when albums and artists disappear again. 

Seems to be going backwards now ?

Please Sonic Studio consider iTunes integration, or contact Roon perhaps for some sort of collaboration and help them make the ultimate best ever audio player in the universe, with your amazing brilliant sound quality and their very nice looking and properly functioning Library system ?

same for me

ticket open , they were aware about this issue.

thks

Hi Ralph,

Can you add in your to do list an upsampling limit choice ? 

aesthetic question
why this new choice of horrible meters  with red yellow green ???
Please return to a blue meters (from light to dark) to keep in the color codes of the interface.

in addition it greatly reduces track information

regards

Capture d’écran 2017-11-11 à 14.01.44.png

2 hours ago, ddalmas said:

hi to everyone and ,above all, you Lio B ...why to still find something that does not work ? and , above all , regarding only marginal problems!We have to be happy that something has been resolved, as i didn't would expect it to still happen..... i have re tried this A4 new release and this time ,if nothing changes in worst obviously, it seems to work quite better! i don't mean that there is a library manager above the lines, but almost it seems to work now!!!it could be done much more but the path to follow is there...what is that makes me wonder is why it took to SS all this time to finally have a new release....but better later than never!!I, that i was so critical with SS,one of the worst estimator i believe, now i must say  that my rage has been a quite lowered! Good luck to us all with A4 ...i wait for new posts about this new version 

ciaociao

hi,

I expected this reaction. ^_^

as I already wrote, I have no problem with A4 because I do not use palylists. my recommendations seem futile but for some more important, I posted them in support ticket Amarra

arrivederci

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, tipunch said:

Hello,

I have a lot issues with last Amarra Luxe 4.1.364
In Settings,  I can no more check "Use Device Volume" ("Exclusive Access" is OK!)
I can no more uncheck "Check for updates on launch"
And more important: when i play a disc in format DSD (DSF), the first track of the disc play in 2x speed

(No problems with Amarra Luxe 4.0.295!!)

Best regards

Mac OS X Mavericks on Mac Mini late 2012 with Mytek DSD 192 DAC

Hi,

To switch from one version to another, have you completly uninstall the old one ?

Inclluding selecting REMOVE on the dialog box that is presented.

I also had problems when I did not do so.

regards