IGNORED

New Amarra 4

Amarra sounds well...this i universally known and i have to state this too!....But....the price to pay for the  Amarra sound is too high ,and i do not mean in money cost, but i term of your life and mind health safety !
1 Attack to your health: theref are enormous bugs that risk to lead you out of your mind! it takes hours to scan your folders ,then when you have lost all that time waiting well then ....when you restart the program, you will find 102 ,or none at all, of the 2500 albums you have!! saving sometimes works and sometimes crashes....times to do any operation are very ,very, very huge
2 attack: The library management is almost not existing!you do not find anything at all in the great mess created by A4! if you have a large library, and i believe that liquid music audiophiles almost always got a large library, you are completely lost!Nothing to see with Audirvana (that have just purchased after a desperate further essay to work with A4) lib management that allows you to do anything  you want to do with files and albums, and above all it does everything automatically inn real time!)
there are other gaps that now i don't remember, but believe me, they are many!
Now i wonder if at the sonic studio they think to what are they doing while programming their products! They seems to be so concentrated to give a great sound and so they forget any other necessity for  program to work friendly! but does they  realize that they build a Ferrari car with the motor of a little 50 scooter!?!and that a player is done yes of good vibrations but also by accesibility by the poor little final user as me
Sonic studio is famous for generating troubles in their players and Amarra 4 does not make an exception at all.
do not buy it now but wait further better releases that i hope will arrive very soon,but knowing Sonic studio , you gotta wait years! 
ciao a tutti

i know the  difference  between A+ and A4 in sound and ...in quality of life!  A+ is also a great player! Excuse me folks if i choose the quality of life when i listen to music,as i want to enjoy myself and not fall in anger anytime i start my favourites .Yes i know that i could load anytime i want to listen to music only  little library for or playlists from iTunes but please tell me how? maybe clicking A4 add music button?...and how to do it from iTunes if A4 reads all the playlists together and from iTunes what kind of files? iTunes do not see flac files at all!!Mahhhhh! i want to hear musi not to start a JOB ! Anyway tell me please if i miss something in my behavior with A4..thks

Yes i know that A4 is better than A+ as sound but to do all you explain to do to play your files in nowadays times sounds almost ridiculous if not worst!! but folks it is so hard and difficult to do an easy and adaptive library manager??!! The people of Sonic Studio maybe could reply yes ,but for the rest of the world the answer is NO!!i do not understand and i repeat they build a Ferrari with the motor of a little scooter!!!unbelievable.....

i remark that the Amarras are maybe the best sounding players.... but unfortunately their programmers are Prehistoric Flinstonian people who does not realize that the world of web  has evolved without waiting them!woke up and do e little effort to become the best.

before all i am not a developer so i can say something wrong and i apologize in advance for this.

well in fist instance ,if i'm not in error, the database management is quite before the sound generation step so if you input a file(s) it is after having chosen it ,so  management system would not affect sound! isn't it?

secondo instance Audirvana too is a little developer but the implemented management is great! 

I do not ever  ask A4, or any other player, to be perfect, but simply i ask that they allows any single user the possibility to choose the better way for him to manage any sound file ,album or playlist...this need could be very different for any single user! What is in my need or use may not fit i

someone else's likes , but a serious parlay let's you choose the way to manage!  

I.E. Amarra3 lets you add any single album , file or playlist just from the finder and when ended the listening you can clear the files from the player and all is ready for a next adding... this is a great way to avoid from a complicate managing and it worked fine ,in my likes i mean,

obviously....but all this in Amarra 4 is lost! It does all as it wants ,as in the thought of their programmers and it works very badly,and also creates a great confusion to find you albums ,(leavin aside that A4 is full of crashes and gaps, but this is less important as it sounds great!)believe me try t have a 2000 3000 albums library and you will tell to me how easily find your albums or tracks or playlists, even if imported from iTunes whose hierarchy is completely lost nd without saying the all flaws are not playlists by iTunes!!! Now tell me please if you stay in your conviction anyway!! believe me i miss a lot the A4 over-level sound but i prefer to be able to use in a decent way my audiophile player,Audirvana+, that believe me ,above all, is not so bad!

ciao

Ah,just to end the discussion  and to be more precise ,i'd like to point this :i am only asking to John Reichbach of Amarra Sonic Studio to do only a litlle effort to come towards the simple needs of his A4 users , and to implement even a simple files management with the possibility for the user to choose how.... and this is not so difficult i know and i firmly declare ! John Reichbach knew very well since the release of A4 that it is in difficult to mange great libraries! i wonder how he could release A4 with all that problems and pretend to be payed by stupid like me!! this is very annoying i say! if he knew he only had to keep A3 possibilities and the work was done! it takes how much more time to do it Mr John Reichbach!!?? we were entusihast user and now we aren't anymore! do you consider it so nice Mr John? So wake up and correct your program faults quickly

maybe i have no so well explained myself!! i meant only this 3 simple concepts

1 : if a little software developer as Audirvana has done such a fantastic management ( believe me it is really fantastic) it means that it can be surely done by another little as, you say it is , Amarra! This no one can contest it i think! ( in either cases that it could easy or difficult to be programmed,as that's a reality since  A+ and A4 are the same sized enterprises)

2 : i have payed that bill you say cheap, yes, but i have payed it for an upgrade as i already had an Amarra3 version payed , if i remember correctly, more than 150€ or about it!!! it means almost about 200!!this is another reality as a further  reality is that Amarra 3 worked better with managing files...so why do not keep the good sides of the old software and simply add other good  functions

3 : i firmly say again that I like the sound of A4 and I only need to be added a very simple task ,as already was in A3, so i do no think i am asking that heaven impossible to be reached.

John knew from the start that large libraries management is quite difficult so  why not giving a chance tho all those  who have large libraries, simply leaving what the already did in A3!!?this ii what i cannot understand .

Said this i ,who counts nothing in business show, am very happy to leave everyone, who wants, to  swim in the mire of all its albums mixed in a little spot on a screen!! good luck. 

Obviously this discussion is not intended for those who have about few tens of albums and only joke with listening music( for those ones i believe that even  a poor management could be greatly enough!), but it is intended for serious listeners who have important and beloved amount of music stored on their Hard Disks

ciao a tutti

yes...i am disappointed because i cannot use A4!!! and not because i have payed it but because it sound great!!Goddam i only ask'ed to fit what was fitted in A3 nothing more .small or great companies what good was done before it can be done now ,i think!

i do not love A+ 's sound as A4's sound this i sure (i maintain my perspective ,you see) but when you replied about A+i ak to you:how did  you use A+ managing for saying it is annoying?it is always synced with the music folder , everything you add is immediately detected and so on 

i do not pretend to be always in the right side but please ,if you could communicate with Amarra developers , send'ed the voice of unhappy users ,yes , as they could improve their player

Believe me ...i am not here to support A+ neither to denigrate A4 i am here only because i need to listen to my beloved music in safe relaxation of mind

ciao again

correct man!! you are perfectly in the good side with your reply! believe A4 is ,regarding as it sounds,a step higher that all the others (A3 included)i am only angry for the many bugs left in the last release, every of them could be accepted waiting for further improvements ,but the simple management of A3 missing NO ....decisely NO!!! Hoping that Mr John decides to fill this gap makes me more  and more angry because i listen daily to my music!

thks for you fine reply anyway

That they do a widows version it is correct in commercial terms but i highly agree with the fact that before of all serious developers certainly make all their best to do a good stable and easy to use software!! this didn't happened with Sonic Studio developers !!!!! Anyone  who still wants to defense them cannot contest this!!! this the reason to be angry with them!! i hope this forum will arrive to their ears,i obviously mean Sonic Studio developers.

if i 'd be  the owner of a software enterprise i 'd be more careful to user's satisfaction!!! but ...with clear evidence not everyone thinks in the same way in the world

thks to all you guys i greatly appreciate all your comments! It is a growth for we all! everyone is its position towards the evident problems of A4 and this is correct.One more question :is there someone that has a large album library, about 3000 albums i mean, well.... please could he tell to me how to deal with the  search of its albums, assuming that in the main screen only 18 albums together could be seen, and keeping in mind that amongst all that music you have not always you know exactly what you wanna listen to in a particular moment or state on mind. I surely will be pleased to learn a good way to use A4,but i haven't found a good method since now

many thks 

ciao

i thank you all for your replies and suggestions....but no one has told the flcs cannot be playlists in iTunes as iTunes does not deal with flac files....so how to manage from iTunes??and as you have written in your posts even if imported from iTunes A4 crashes overtime it wants wasting your time spent in waiting for its scanning and whatsoelse it wants!! Isn't this frustrating?if for someone it is not..... well i admire his solid nerves because mine are greatly less solid

ciao ciao to every one

hi people....i was a recording studio owner too(48 analog tracks at the times that means 2 24 try recorders linked together and Amek, Trident,Neve mixing consoles ,not a funny studio!It was there that i learned ergonomic ,easy to use and simplicity to avoid to swim in a pool full of mess! So there is no excuse for Sonic Studio even if they were studio oriented!!indeed!

Maybe ,after long thinking and wondering how, i have reached an acceptable compromise!! this i have done: i went too user  library/ app support /sonic studio and i have deleted all the A4 entries i found,resetting that way A4, then opened the A4 player an i have netted the choose folder option  to my music folder so done DO NOT execute any library  scan but simply choose the add music option and then navigate amongst your music albums folders to choose the album you want too know in that moment push add and all s done!! 1 album only is loaded. then, if you want ,when listening is completed you can clear it taping clear songs or, alternatively ,load other albums in the same way but  since you can stay safe from the confusion that A4 manager permits to you ,,,et voilà the game is done!a bit complicated and not so easy to do but probably you could avoid the many crashes and the wasting time effects of A4!

this way you keep your music folder as a third party lib manager, just as i did with A3! ah maybe it would be better after a certain period of use to repeat the resetting procedure

tomorrow i will try if it works  this way and i will be back to you for a more accurate report.....but anyway one more time  ...it is a so easy option and above all already fitted in A4 ,even if in very a rudimental way,that i wonder why SS engineers still wait so long to fit it, properly revised, in the program ...maybe in more easy and simple way to execute it??a simple option that would lead A4 in the leader position!! Only 2 more buttons in the main screen 1 for  loading  and 1 for resetting...SS...do i ask too much?and consider that you developers could do these minor changes with a most refined interaction than what i can do

ciaociao

no there is not in italy! but i can give an interpretation as well ! i have to to say that i agree with you about the behavior of SS...anyway it sounds so nice that i am a little less angry knowing i can use A4 anyway even if in a sacrificed way!i will continue to use A+ for usual listening and A4 for meditation listening.