IGNORED

New Amarra 4

Drag and drop into HQPlayer!

I really liked the sound of Amarra, but preferred Fidelia's sound. Considering the price Amarra has charged with all of its bugs and weaknesses, Amarra 4 should be free to all current license holders IMO.

Amen. Buyer beware. Amarra has not delivered in the past (buggy interface and expensive). Why should we at this point trust its developer now?

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

• 1 month later...
The progress indicator stalls like this for me also, but at 8%. Then it goes down to 0% and works back up to 8%, etc. etc. But if I let it go long enough, then it finally completes. It takes a while, maybe 15 to 20 minutes in my case.

My A4tidal never once managed to complete a scan. Stalled every time . . .

For those which Amarra4 is not working, please demand a refund. The leopard does not change its spots.

This is the best advice you're gonna get. Yes the sound is sweet, but how much dough has Amarra collected over the years, leaving their customers high and dry with software that's worse than the late 80s? These guys are in the Bay Area tech corridor. Imagine if they worked for Tesla.

Hopefully Sonic Studio are monitoring this thread and making notes for next urgent updates.

After all we are not beta testers, we've already paid for it. And Some of us are symphony with IRC long-standing loyal customers, for many years.

There is no need to insult them, just help them to deliver an appropriately functional piece of software to match the excellent sound quality.

But also they should be aware of our commitment to them, we are not bata testers, we are paying customers.

If someone from Sonic Studio has made notes of everyone's appropriate concerns, and hopefully ignore the few insults, please let us know in the thread of the issues we have stated that you are working on and a rough time period.

A kind and respectful approach like this would calm a lot of people down and motivate respectful feedback.

Playlists are seriously frustrating.

It's hard enough for me as a tetraplegic to pick songs for a desired playlist without using an iOS app. But Amarra4 playlists are unnecessarily difficult.

You can't change the order by dragging songs because it just duplicates the song in another position, then if you quit and reload it's gone back to its original position.

So I tried selecting songs in the order I wanted them played, which took ages, about an hour for 20 tracks(that's not an exaggeration I'm just severely physically disabled).

Anyway, selecting one song from an album then another from a totally different artist, then back to the original album and so on.

But when you play the playlist from the beginning, even though the tracks are listed in the order you loaded them into the playlist, the playlist still plays tracks in alphabetical order of the artist.

Aw man, that's what helps me get up in the morning through extreme pain, listening to my music in excellent unrivalled sonic studio quality sound, creating a playlist in the order I was planning in my mind.

The Remote app for iTunes is excellent and easy to create and edit playlists, even for my high level of disability, a similar 20 track playlist only takes me 5ish minutes.

Is there any way you can integrate the Remote APP for iTunes to work with Amarra4, playlist creation and editing as in the apple remote APP should be a minimum requirement, pleeeeeease.

Also can we please have a download of the MacOS optimisation app that is part of the Amarra symphony with IRC installer. It makes it so much easier to disable everything unnecessary in the operating system :-)

Hope springs eternal. I hope you realize just how typical this release and this thread is . . . Yes we should offer constructive feedback, but they should get their act together and quit capitalizing on their SQ, which everyone agrees is their strength. They go silent when the going gets rough, as it has yet again.

Oh, well thanks for the lesson, bit patronising but thanks [emoji6]

As you like giving advice, mine to you would be just ask for your money back. There's no need to jump on people's posts with unnecessary patronising criticism.

your opinion is up to you, but right or wrong it's yours, don't push it on me please.

thanks

Fair enough. I didn't mean to come across that way. I'm miffed at Amarra.

I found A4T unusable and then began to read a lot of threads about Amarra, and they all amount to people liking the sound but being seriously underwhelmed by the bugs, freezes, crashes. Amarra is monitoring these threads, but they are obviously unable to debug their products, no matter how constructive the feedback. These problems go back years and they apparently continue in the new release. The complaints have been legion, and the response to them nonexistent or irrelevant.

Everyone is free to give it a whirl. I hope it gets better for those who have gone this route--and that wish is not meant to be patronizing.

• 2 months later...

They've never, ever produced software that isn't a buggy mess at the level of UI.  And they've raked in tons of cash releasing a crappy product.  So what makes anyone in this thread think they ever will?  Yes, it does sound good, but the hope that springs eternal here just boggles the mind. . . 

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...