IGNORED

New Amarra 4

my mistake, V.234. Its  a disaster! I was checking my library and is a mess, disks that are recognized as "various artists", others splitted in several discs... the database is absolute unusable. I have amarra 4 and symphony 3 whith IRC. Im waiting to amarra luxe, but if they don't improve a lot the database of Amarra 4...

In version 3, at least i can use the iTunes database, but in the new version is an independent software. This is good, but ONLY IF IT WORKS! 

Note: i have checked the metadata with kid3, as they recommend, and my metadata is ok. i always am very careful with my database tagging

I think I find a solution. It's not the most comfortable, but it seems to  work.

in the several cds albums, you have to assign consecutive numbers to the tracks. I mean, instead cd1 tracks 1-10 and cd2 tracks 1-10, reasign cd1 tracks 1-10 and cd2 tracks 11-20.

it works. It seams that amarra doesn't take care about the cd number metadata.

• 11 months later...

Big improvement over 4.1. Still is not perfect, but its really much better than before.

-Final, you can add an album and it doesn't need to save the full collection. Now it do it in several seconds.

-Now is faster to create the new database, but still too slow to load it at lunch the aplication.

-It doesn't match my database in iTunes and in a4l, there is 8 albums more in a4l (from 2600 albums). Imposible to know which one is the problem.

- Great the idea to put a switcher to deactivate tidal. ( no everybody use it)

- Good for the integration w iTunes, but the downside is you loose Tidal control (i can't imagine how to integrate Tidal in iTunes)

- A little faster the navigation over its own database, but still slow. The need to inprove this and add new controls to search what you want to listen.

- Where is DoP? and other promisses?

In capital words, im happy with the new version.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, ddalmas said:

before i will leave this forum i want to tanks all the ones that never replied to me! i will leave you with the consciousness that i will be here to hear wonderful vibration given out to my DAC from a wonderful and friendy  X50D ,meanwhile someone will still continue to crack his brain with click ,cracks . smacks and shit ,etcetera, by muddy softwares that will not have any chance to ever work properly ! i someone got the intention to  consider the opinion of  a stupid italian as me it will be pleasely welcomed if he will want to contact me 

ciao ciao

Thanks for all your post. I will miss them. I’m thinking in follow your steps. I can not afford now a good streamer, but in a next future...

i feel that sonic s. Has no respect for their costumers ( me). And I’m not sure if it worth all the headache the computer sound give to us.

• 3 weeks later...

I can’t understand it! After the disaster at a4l launching I hoped SS has learned the lection. But NO. the new Amarra remote, is WORST than the previous one. It doesn’t work at all. 

A4l still has problems, and no new update.... I’m really getting tired of sonic studio. I expend TOO MUCH time whith Amarra

Sure! Is better to have updates regularly. But they are not. 2 updates in only few days does not mean regular, means a mistake n the firs one.

we bought A4 more than 1 year ago (much more) and is still not 100% stable, there is lack of features you have paid....

The remote app, had an update a few days ago, but is still almost unusable.

i love Amarra sound like all you, but I never seen so awful software developers.

there is only one reason I still use it. I paid an indecent amount of money for the room correction option. ( my mistake, I should had to buy dirac software instead)

• 3 weeks later...

I’m very sorry, but I can’t be agree. SS MUST finish its work and give us a 100% working piece of software. Of course his visual sound card is the best. Thats the reason we bought amarra.

Dancingsea, the master of this tread, said:” Past experience led me to not overwhelm A4L with 50K tracks, and I prefer the iTunes management system anyway.“ and is true. Navigate in my 2700 album collection, is a headache. Also said: “iTunes integration mode worked well, and I used browser mode for Tidal - all functioned very well.  When switching between modes the window didn't re-size properly“ also true,  but jumping from browser mode to iTunes mode is quite problematic. Not only the window doesn’t resize correctly buy sometime lost the sound card configuration and freezes. 

The iOS app is less than optimal, it takes years to connect an when it does, it works bad. It’s absolute imposible to use the Mac mini in headless mode. 

I would like things to be done like search by stile or compositor. The option of view the metadata of a song ( lyrics, other info...)... but this is not the problem. The problem is that after 1.5 year we pay for a piece of software, this is unfinished.

whe haven’t the promised DoP, neither the option simulation of different speakers in headphone mode ( yes, nobody talks about it,  but they sell us this option at the beginning ). Summing: lack of DoP, and the magical headphone option. Defective working of IRC, iOS app. Some bugs in the main a4l application and awesome sound.

no my friends, it’s no enought after 1.5 years

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2018 at 7:28 AM, Arawana said:

I have been having issues playing Tidal with the latest 4.2.427-184  in 2 different Macs.

Songs just keep loading forever and there is no sound at all.

Then the app seems to hang...... and it becomes non responsive.

I emailed Amarra yesterday. Still waiting.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I had the same problem. I reinstall the previous version and the problem was there again! WTF!

the problem was that my Tidal subscription was expired! ?