IGNORED

New Amarra 4

I loaded my library of 23,000+ tracks last night.  Although Amarra Luxe indicated this action was successfully completed, quite a few albums do not appear when doing an Artist search.  While this is frustrating, the actual player -- including IRC, upsampling and DSD>PCM conversion -- is, so far, working well.  Activation and setup of both Amarra Luxe and IRC was a breeze compared to my experiences with prior versions.  DSD via DoP is not functional. Sound quality is nice, but I am wondering if it may not have been superseded by A+ and HQP.  (I'm using the OSX version.)

Newbie Since 2/2015.  Audirvana/Roon > Mid-2010 Mac Mini  > USB > AQ Jitterbug > Chord Electronics Mojo > Naim NAP160 power amplifier > Naim NACA5  > Spendor SP2/3r + stereo REL subs.  

• 6 months later...

I'm enjoying listening to Amarra 4 Luxe w/IRC right now.  While file management is still somewhat buggy, the program as a whole is much more stable than previous versions -- in my own setup of course.  The sound quality remains terrific.

Newbie Since 2/2015.  Audirvana/Roon > Mid-2010 Mac Mini  > USB > AQ Jitterbug > Chord Electronics Mojo > Naim NAP160 power amplifier > Naim NACA5  > Spendor SP2/3r + stereo REL subs.  

• 1 month later...

So far so good, with 21,000 FLACs loaded into library (plus an equal amount from Tidal).   No hangups in loading library, applying iRC, converting DSD to PCM, nor in changing bitrates.

If you are using iRC, I would advise you to reduce the playback levels for all iRC settings before beginning any playback, in order to avoid gross clipping and possible speaker damage.

Great sound.

• 9 months later...

New version Amarra Luxe w/iRC has been working perfectly well for three weeks now.  Outstanding sound.  Not a hitch in library (24,000+ tracks) or playback performance, except for a very slight 'tick' when selecting a new track or album.  I also possess, but do not currently use, HQPlayer and Audirvana.  Have cancelled TIDAL and Roon, the latter primarily because of failure to improve the "Discover" feature, the former because Qobuz provides Hi-Res and meets my library requirements.

NB, I haven't attempted to use the IOS app.  Why push my luck?

P.S. Since I can't seem to update my profile, I should point out that the one below is outmoded.

• 3 weeks later...

Initially I experienced a similar problem.  I then deleted all other/older versions (Symphony 3, Amarra for TIDAL, Amarra 4, etc.) from my apps folder.  The next time I started up Amarra Luxe, it again asked me once again to install the update.  However, that time, it updated successfully and I have had no further issues since that time.

(Ignore the rig list below.  It is outmoded but Computer Audiophile/Style has not incorporated my updates.  How apropos!)

Jacobacci:  Do you have adequate broadband speed to stream hi-res music files in real time?  If not, that may be your problem.