IGNORED

New Amarra 4

When Amarra 4 was announced in a newsletter in October they told us:

"Bring your music to life the easy way: use Amarra 4! It’s fast, it’s fun, it’s reliable, and most importantly it sounds great!"

Well, in fact it sounds great but it's really not fun using it. As mentioned above tracks show up twice when you re-scan the library. The order of tracks is mixed in Double CDs (the tag "disc# of#" is ignored). When you scroll through the library too fast the software will hang and doesn't show any naming anymore. Now and then tracks are played back at half of their sample rate (at 88.2 instead of 176.4 for example). Gain is shown in percent instead of db. It's not clear whether or not Dither is applied in gain reduction. It does not seem to play from RAM (not quite sure here...). Album Art embedded in dsf-files doesn't show up. I can't search for "Jóhann Jóhannsson" for some reason although all his albums are in the library (and are labeled correctly)... I can search for other Artist-Names containing an accent, though.

Well, at least all my albums show up as they should...

I like the concept and would love to use it... and to some degree it is even "usable" ... but all in all it's really too much beta status to call it fast, fun and reliable. So sad ...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

In fairness, Audirvana Plus, and Fidelia - both of which I own and use - don't have the best library management system either. A+ in non- iTunes integrated mode ends up being used in a similar fashion as A4, search in iTunes, play in the other. Fidelia as well. With A+, often just use iTunes integrated mode out of simplicity.
Me personally I am pretty happy with the library managment of A+. It's easy and fast to navigate, it provides intelligent and easy playlist modes and all in all it's really stable. No crashes on my machines. I don't use iTunes integrated mode or so ... actually I don't use iTunes anymore at all... I just load the iTunes AAC ablums I've bought back then into the library of A+. Admittedly, I've once taken the time to re-tag all my albums with Yate. Maybe this is why I rarely (actually never) encounter issues with Artist-Names or Artwork or so...

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, GregWormald said:

The major issue that I much prefer the musicality of A4 over any of the other players I've tried.

Amarra 4 does not even provide hog mode (exclusive control of the audio output) ... so all in all the "musicality" (that I also like a lot!) might be questionable ...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get how people justify the total lack of anything an audiophile player should provide nowadays. Audirvana perfectly shows that it is very well possible to code a decent and fast library system with decent search options in a player that also provides sophisticated settings, high quality upsampling, DSD upsampling, dithered volume control, integer mode, hog mode and you name it... and that dorsn't crash. Designed by a single person for almost the same price.
Amarra 4 doesn't play from RAM, doesn't provide hog mode, doesn't provide dithered volume control ... let alone PCM or DSD upsampling. It sounds very good... but still it lacks the most basic features an "audiophile" player should be equipped with.

4 hours ago, foodfiend said:

To someone, a bare-bones software with rudimentary library management that sounds good trumps another with more features but sounds less engaging.

Actually I don't care a lot about the library. I do, however, care about playing from RAM and about hog mode and such sophisticated things that all contribute to "sound quality". Aren't these 'basics' of an "audiophile" player?

52 minutes ago, jhwalker said:

If the software can't simply "watch" a folder / multiple folders and display the music properly so I can play it, I don't care *how good* it sounds - it's unusable to me.

Roon does this.  Audirvana dos this.  JRiver does this.  iTunes doesn't, so I don't use it for playback.  Amara *really* doesn't do this - in fact, it manages to screw up manually updating! - so I certainly don't use it.

I use more than one software. I mostly use Audirvana as it provides an extensive feature set and also sounds really excellent. Sometimes I use HQ Player to play a certain album picked out (upsampled to DSD128). Since I love its colored sound I would use Amarra 4 in a similar way... if it would only provide the most basic technical features an audiophile player should offer. Unfortunately Amarra does not...

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I haven't noticed a sonic difference with the Luxe beta other than there's an EQ to play with.  It also has upsampling, but so far that hasn't worked so well.  But its just a beta....

Hopefully they'll get MQA support together to go with their Tidal feature...

Hi DancingSea,

may I ask... how is upsampling implemented?
Is it just on/off, as the screenshot of the interface suggests...amarra4luxe_settings_900px_nui.png

... or can you adjust the settings ... or select settings from a list of presets or so...? 

Many thanks!!

5 hours ago, DancingSea said:

As far as I understand, its just a toggle to enable, or disable.  There is a gain setting as well, but I'm not sure that's directly to do with upsampling.  The actual Luxe settings window also has Tidal stuff.  The upsampling seems to be a work in progress.  I like the EQ though.  There are the 16 presets, but you can also create your own and adjust in real time as the music plays.

Thanks a lot!

Apparently we should not expect great things regarding SRC. If there are no settings to adjust or presets to chose from it's most likely a linear phase upsampling algorithm. That's really disappointing when you think about the competition (HQPlayer with an extensive set of really useful presets or A+ with the completely customizable iZotope resampler). As a matter of course also upsampling only by power of 2 should be available. Even $10 apps for iOS provide such a setting...

3 hours ago, mancolh said:

I suggest that those who want to mess with sampling use another software. Amarra's engine is more musical already than the others. If Tidal integration is done, a remote and library management is implemented it would provide for a great program to allow listening to the music.

I suggest that those who don't want to mess with playing music in an audiophile player should use another software :-)

Seriously... Amarra 4 does NOTHING really right except for providing its excellent "analog" sound (that can be essentially achieved with plugins for instance in A+ as well BTW). And I think it's not an excessive demand to ask for some very basic features nearly all current audiophile players  provide.
I seriously would love to use Amarra 4 ... but I am also seriously disappointed about the poor feature set and the poor programming of the software.

7 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Another user in this thread sent me a PM regarding his theory about Amarra's sound.  He believes Sonic Studios is adding some sort of coloring/ filter to create the organic, analog sound.  He found a plugin for Audirvana that has a feature to add analog sound at varying strengths.  It costs $39, but has a 30 day free trial.  I haven't had a chance to try it.  http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/equalizers/psp_preqursor2/

That's me.

First... $39,- was the launch price for version 2 of preQursor... the plugin now costs $69,-.

To briefly outline my "theory" about Amarra's sound...

ALL other players sound different. But while every single player has its own sound they are basically all pretty similar to each other (not only audiophile players like Fidelia, HQ Player, Audirvana, Pure Music etc. but also iTunes, VLC, VOX, Quicktime and you name it). Amarra is the only player that sounds "colorful", "analog", "bold" ... as if every tone has some "energy" pumped into it. And it sounds just great!

As Amarra sounds so distinctively different to all other players I think it's pretty save to assume that the sound is somehow "tuned". Either due to a special audio driver or maybe because the audio gets passed through the built in Equalizer unit (that also may affect the sound even when EQ is switched off).

Now, if this is true, it's also possible to recreate a similar sound with other tools. The above mentioned plugin can produce a similar sound (for instance when loaded in Audirvana) if you don't use the actual EQ section but only the "analog" pre-amp section. The plugin is completely transparent and supports audio up to 384kHz.

19 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Can the adjustments be made in real time as music plays, or is it like most A+ plugins that can only be adjusted when nothing is playing?

Almost all plugins can be played in real time in A+...

19 hours ago, ddalmas said:

i have also downloaded the retro eq and i am trying the both one after the other just for experimentation...i think that at SS they have found a very great eq setting to  get their sound ...but i also believe that it ,with patience , could be reached with other ways freeing so,who wants it, from A4 

RetroQ is an excellent EQ! However, it adds "warmth" and therefore can make the bass somewhat less precise.

RetroQ in fact goes in similar direction... but preQursor2's "analog" pre-amp section is closer to A4 than RetroQ IMHO.

Just insert preQursor2, activate the analog pre-amp section and set the analog drive to your liking (between -15 to +15). You can also activate the EQ-section (without adjusting any frequency of course) as this also slightly affetcs the overall sound. I like the analog drive at +5 and the EQ section activated.

Make sure that "SAT" is deactivated because "SAT" is a built in limiter.

Personally I also use the plugin the reduce gain. Output is set to -3db in my case.

Since preQursor2 works with 64-bit double precision floating point computations I also use a Dither plugin in the Audio Unit section of A+ (set to 24bit).

18 hours ago, mancolh said:

The problem is... every time you play a song you will wonder "does that sound as good as A4?"  Then you'll run to the computer, make an adjustment and Happy Groundhog Day. Over and over. There goes the enjoyment of music replaced by the enjoyment? of knob twisting. Just saying

Don't think so. Either it sounds good or not. Whether or not it sounds exactly like A4 is not so important... at least not for me.

On the other hand the kind of stress you are describing is what I am experiencing when listening to A4 all the time ... in a different way. A4 doesn't provide hog mode and it's impossible to control all the services/processes of the OS that may interfere with the sound. This is why I always wonder "is there irregular noise or not... is there some crackling or not?"

I can live with a lot of A4's limitations. But the missing hog mode is the most important factor why I regard A4 almost "unusable". I'm not quite sure yet but I also think A4 doesn't play from RAM either. Hog mode and playback from RAM are two core features that turn an arbitrary player app into a serious audiophile player regardless of its sound signature.

1 hour ago, tipunch said:

Waouw!!!

preQursor2 is incredible!!!

And yes is very close to A4 (better?)

Thank you copy_of_a

My best settings (for the moment) is "pure preamp" in the preset

Best regards

I'm glad some of you like the plugin and agree that it's close to A4.

Initially I've sent preQursor2 to "DancingSea" by personal message because I didn't want to start a discussion about the plugin and its settings in the Amarra 4 thread. But if everyone is fine that we talk off topic about how to achieve an Amarra-like sound with Audirvana Plus I certainly don't mind discussing preQursor2 here. After all there is not so much to say about Amarra itself at the moment... If someone feels offended please let us know.

Today I had some time to fiddle around with preQursor2. Meanwhile I've also deactivated the EQ-section so that only the ("analog") pre-amp section is at work. I've dialed down the analog drive from +5 to +3.5. So a tad "richer" than the "pure preamp" preset (where the analog drive is set to zero).

Does it sound "better"? For me personally the package Audirvana Plus (with all its settings) and preQursor2 is better than A4 in its current state. I am not a big fan of linear upsampling (only for classical music)... I mostly prefer low pre-ringing. With my iZotope SRC settings, Direct Mode turned off, preQursor2 and PSP-X-Dither (mildly shaped) I feel that both apps sound pretty similar - but I get a better grip and finer texture in the bass and low mids section with A+.

Too, as outlined above, I'm really missing hog mode in A4. As long as they don't incorporate hog mode I n't use A4 anymore.

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I like Retro Q on the "Air" setting.  I wish it had more presets as I really have no idea what all the knobs do.

The knobs are pretty much self-explaining I think. The large knobs adjust the gain (boost or attenuation) of the frequency set in the corresponding small knobs (LF = low frequencies, MF = mid frequencies, HF = high frequencies). So for the attached image of PSPs website it's +3db at 100Hz, +4db at 2kHz, -5db at 6kHz. The highpass filter is deactivated and overall gain is set to +3db. Furthermore "SAT" is engaged ... which is a built in limiter.

A manual is contained in the installer ...

PSP_RetroQ.png

preQursor2 was also excellent.  I settled on the "Pure Pre", "On Tape", or "Default" presets - dialing the analog setting all the way up on all - and adjusting the gain as needed.  Went back and forth between those and A4. All sounded very good.  A4 is perhaps a bit more liquid and smooth, but the A+ setup was very enjoyable.

nice! :-)

On the preQursor2 webpage, it says it includes presets created by Grammy award winning mix engineer Michael Brauer.  Yet on the actual presets, I didn't see any specifically attributed to him.  Were they all created by him?

not sure which of the presets are made by M. Brauer. But I would think the presets refer to dedicated instruments (bass drum, guitar, voice or whatever). I don't think anyone would make a preset to sweaten overall mixes ... which is what we are after when we try to re-create Amarra-Sound with different softwares. "Pure Pre" is what we want here with the "analog" pre-amp drive set to your liking.

On 5.6.2017 at 11:44 AM, ddalmas said:

would someone please  try this A+  preQ2 preset and tell  his impressions about it?

many thks

Senza titolo.tiff

I think we should differentiate altering the sound by EQ-ing (boosting or attentuating dedicated frequencies) from altering the overall "tonality"/"presentation". You've boosted the bass (90Hz) and also 4300Hz and 10kHz. This might sound good on your system and maybe you prefer a bold bass. But I think a lot of users would find this setting... well, let's say "special".

The beauty of the pre-amp filter is it is emulating the way how analog pre-amps (actual pre-amps, so hardware) affect the sound. Quote from the PSP site:

The PSP preQursor2 introduces PSP's Advanced Analog Modelling of preamplifier and filters to accurately recreate an analog-like behavior.

Assumed we are talking about a hypothetical linear pre-amp, this would not boost or attentuate certain frequencies. It would just affect the overall presentation of the overall mix. It sounds as if there was more "energy" in every tone (every tone "sings" and sounds "rounder") - but equally in every tone all over the frequency range.

(Sorry for the goofy poetic description ... but I could not even describe this very accurate in my native language...)

Therefore I fear there is no point in sharing settings in which the EQ is altered...

As far as your +15 analog pre-amp drive goes I feel this is too much (at least in my system). If you try to get as close as possible to Amarra, I think it should be set somewhere between -2 and +5  (and the EQ bands off) ...

5 hours ago, DancingSea said:

For me, I wouldn't know how to adjust the knobs to achieve an Amarra like sound in Retro Q.

Me personally I don't think "RetroQ" is the right tool to re- create Amarra-like sound. This is why I did not post it here (ddalmas did).

To add warmth on overall mixes (the final music) I'd rather recommend "Mix Saturator2" with very moderate settings... http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/dynamic_processors/psp_mixsaturator2/

PSP_MixSaturator2.png

... but personally I think it does not really match our requirements regarding an emulation of Amarra-Sound (apart from that it's a really GREAT tool!!). It also slightly blurrs deep bass... just like real tube amps do.

BTW... there are  other vendors offering "analog" sounding plugins... it just happened that I've came across PSP some years ago and simply LOVED the sound and the handling (simplicity!) of its plugins. Great design ... IMHO...

I have focused on "Pure Pre" and adjusting the analog dial/ gain as needed, though I generally like analog in the 10 range, depending on the recording.

On several thin sounding 80th recordings I also would prefer a higher setting on the analog pre-amp drive. However, I don't want to adjust plugins every time I listen to a different album. This is why I prefer a lower setting (+3.5).

I was able to listen to several CD's on A+ for the first time without turning it off after 5 minutes.  I think I still give the sonic nod to A4 Luxe, but Audirvana Plus with the preQursor2 plugin is very good sound wise, and a great relief in terms of functionality vs A4.

I'm glad you like it. I am also really enjoying A+ with preQursor2 for rock/pop/electronic music (95% in my case...). For classical/orchestral music listening sessions I favour HQPlayer upsampled to DSD128...

10 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Can MixSaturator2 be bought separately, or do you have to buy the whole pack?

the whole pack... AFAIK.

Also, I see it adds saturation to achieve the tube like effect.  preQursor2 also has a saturation feature, is that the same sort of thing?

the large "Saturation" knob in the center adjusts the strength of the analog warmth/saturation effect.

on the right hand side there is also a small "outsat" knob. this activates a built in limiter.

"SAT" in preQursor2 is also such a ("outsat"-) limiter.

2 hours ago, ddalmas said:

why we have to complicate our life to search alternatives to A4 just because it is almost not usable ,when life could be so simple only with a little further effort form SS staff?

Actually you are right.

Then again if there are alternatives to A4's sound there is really no point in buying A4 anymore.

So SS has to work much harder to make us buy their software.

If we buy their softwares although they do not get the most basic features right (hog mode, integer mode, playback from RAM and a library system that at least "works" to some degree) ... then we ourselves are at fault for this.

I have to say I can very well live with Audirvana & preQursor2 and will definitely NOT upgrade to Luxe... unless they fix this amateurish piece of software. Only downside with AU/VST-plugins ... they cannot be applied to DSD files. So if you want Amarra-like sound with DSD... you'd need a working version of Amarra.

18 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Two large, and I find helpful differences are the EQ and the iOS remote - both of which work fairly well.  I like being able to easily tweak sound with the EQ, and the iOS remote saves me a trip across the room.  For that reason, I will upgrade to Luxe.  The caveat being it remains an idiot savant with many afore mentioned functional shortcomings.

But you are aware that you get the same functionality with A+? The A+ iOS remote is pretty decent. And EQ ... well, preQursor2 is excellent not only to sweaten the overall sound but of course also as a full-blown EQ ;-)

Too, you have the choice to use an EQ in real time or you can deactivate the real-time setting. In the latter case (which is the default) the processing chain is: file-decoding -> uspampling (if engaged) -> AUplugins -> load into RAM. So A+ first renders all effects before it plays back the (processed) music from RAM with some time offset... which by design contributes to a better sound.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, DancingSea said:

When listening to it with A+, even though I think it sounds very good - I run into the same problem I aways have with A+.  Relaxed, easy going, smoother music sounds wonderful.  Rock music is way way too aggressive in A+ while much more palatable in A4.

Harshness + "digital" sound... I agree!

Apart from the use of plugins to massage the sound I feel A+ sounds remarkably better and smoother with 1.) Direct Mode disabled (to utilze MACs native integer mode, not Audirvanas own driver), 2.) overall gain reduced to at least -3db (independend of the DAC used) and 3.) a decent USB filter (I for one use the Intona USB isolator... and would regard it as one of the most worthwhile upgrades to my system). (And 4.) the SRC settings play a role in case you are upsampling).

Even if you don't use any other plugins I also feel A+ sounds less harsh if you apply 24bit Dither (TPDF will do) in the AUplugin section of A+ (at least when your DAC is 24bit).

If you use plugins they typically work at 64bit internally and in this case applying Dither after your plugins is more or less mandatory. So if you think about using preQursor2 and/or tube/warmth simulation plugins you should also look for a 24bit Dither plugin.

4 hours ago, ddalmas said:

Is this still better?this is the first time i not decided if to prefer A4

sound than A+ sound!! Now for me A+ sound great! Tell me 

plugins.tiff

IMHO with these plugins and the settings you've posted everything gets heavily overprocessed and the sound is much too bold.

Too, the compressing you are applying is considerable (a song I picked up randomly had actually DR11 but ended up at DR7 after processing...).

I also see no reason to use so many different plugins. Choose the one that suits your taste and carefully tune in "warmth" (less is more).

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

The only one I can't figure out is the "apply 24bit Dither (TPDF will do) in the AUplugin seciont of A+." 

Is there one such existing plugin?  I looked through the AU list but didn't see anything about 24 bit (maybe I missed it).  Or are you referring to a 3rd party plugin that must be installed like the various tube/ saturation plugins?  If yes, can you suggest a good 24bit Dither plugin?

Yes, I was referring to a 3rd party plugin.

I don't know this one but it's freeware and therefore you might try it: http://www.airwindows.com/tpdf-dither/

My DAC is a brand new PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell.

If it's brand new it's most likely 32bit, isn't it?

Dither is basically always essential when you reduce the bit depth (and since the plugins we are talking about here work at 64bit internally you should apply Dither to the bit depth of your DAC). But in the case of a 32bit DAC Dither to 24bit is most likely not necessary.

However, while Dither - especially high Dither levels - may make noise more audible theoretically ("theoretically" because the noise level of 24bit Dither is really much too low to be audible) it also adds smoothness and depth.

Therefore me personally I always apply 24bit Dither...

I have an iFi Nano USB filter arriving on Monday.

great! I am sure you will be extremely pleased. Expect everything to sound much more defined and more precise...

And what about A+ Integer mode?  Which setting for that to inch in the Amarra direction?

Preferences -> Audio System (second tab) -> Low Level Playback options:
exclusive access mode: checked
Direct Mode: unchecked
Integer Mode: checked

The list of plugins you've posted above also contains compressors. For me personally the goal is not to sacrifice dynamic range or to really alter the original music. My goal is to make it sound as it is, but a bit more "colorful", "richer", "warmer" ... as if it's played through different gear with more "musical energy", so to say...

This is why I think the pre-amp section of "preQursor2" (or something similar) is the way to go when you try to get a sound that is close to Amarra 4. You can also enable "SAT" in the output section (which is a limiter with soft clipping in the style of tape saturation) - when the output is set to -3db it will not compress the music ("SAT" is applied post output gain) but will still make the harshest attacks a bit rounder/softer in a very, very pleasant way (I would say there's a similar effect at work in Amarra ... but of course I am not sure).

Now, of course you can also add a "tube" and/or "tape" saturation effect ... but if so, IMHO it should be applied carefully at really low settings. Otherwise we are not talking about "Amarra-Sound" anymore. Amarra does not artificially overprocess the sound... it makes it gentle, round, warm (compared to any other player).

14 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 7.33.38 AM.png

Since you've found Klanghelm MJUCjr (which is a compressor) you might better try the free Klanghelm IVGI (which is designed to add saturation): https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/IVGI/IVGI.php

I have a different tool so I haven't tried IVGI yet ... but will certainly look into it sooner or later. Personally I am missing a "Mix" knob ("dry/wet") to blend the unprocessed music with the effect. But as you are looking for simplicity this plugin might be (almost) as easy to use as the Softube Saturation Knob.

1 hour ago, ddalmas said:

how do they did their sound?

I guess their EQs are designed to simulate some kind of "analogue"/"saturated" sound (as many, many other EQs are) and if you switch the EQ "off" in A4 the frequency bands get disabled but the music is still routed through the EQ that applies its default sound to the music. But again...: that's just a guess.

As you can see there are hundreds of plugins available that simulate analogue sound, even lots of freeware. It's certainly not rocket science ...

we are here only for trying what could be done to completely reach A4 sound but with more friendly players as A+!

Yes.

Although I don't care whether or not I can exactly reproduce A4 sound. After some more tweaking in the last 2 weeks meanwhile I actually like A+ with my plugins/settings better than A4. Relaxed sound with pretty similar richness/warmth but better definition (especially more precise bass). In conjunction with plugins the clinical differentiated sound of A+ can also be an advantage...

2 minutes ago, ddalmas said:

so would you be so kind to attach a pic as i did ,with your plugins chain? so i would be able to test exactly as you mean to ear  your sound.

Most people here found preQursor2's price tag at $69,- too high. In addition (inspired by your discussion about tube-like saturation) I've throwed in a saturation plugin that is another $199,-. So I fear my personal settings are not really relevant here...

However, preQursor2's analogue pre-amp at +8, output gain -3db, SAT enabled ... and after that a (smooth) tube-like saturation plugin at very, very moderate settings (and finally 24bit Dither) will do most likely the same.

In any case I can't share anything that does not include preQursor2 as the main plugin ...

no suggestions for saturation knob that crashes A+?

unfortunately not, I'm sorry ...

13 minutes ago, ddalmas said:

ok ....but tell me only if saturation knob did works in your A+?

I have not installed Saturation Knob. The registration process is a nightmare...

I have stated that unfortunately  with preQursor2 only i cannot reach a satisfactory sound to forget A4 forever!!it is not the problem of the 60$ but it seems to me that the same precursor result could be obtained with free plugins!

Maybe.

PSP states about their preQursor2: "In every usage case, PSP preQursor2 will maintain the natural feel and definition of the material." Now, you can dismiss this as marketing talk. But IMHO it's not (just) marketing ... it's exactly what I like so much about this plugin. I am a bit biased, since I own version 1 of preQursor (so preQursor2 was a free upgrade for me) and I was really blown away by the improved analog modelling algorithm when version 2 came out a few weeks ago. I'm not so sure that you can re-create this very sound with other satuation plugins (but of course you can come to similar results).

Why not try preQursor2 with my settings and in addition this one: https://klanghelm.com/contents/products/IVGI/IVGI.php  ?

I'll try the Klnghelm plugin as well in the next days... the feature set looks promising (hopefully it also sounds good...)

1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

please do share your entire A+ recipe...

will do