IGNORED

New Amarra 4

Yeah, new Amarra. I really do love the Amarra sound, use it every day. Just hope they spent more time on ironing out the bugs than expanding the feature set. I'd rather have a tight functioning ship than many new features that only add to the existing bug list.

Agree. But these new features look really new (and important) for Amarra. Independent library management, DoP (!), Windows version to name a few. That's why I posted it.

Amarra seems to attract bugs, like moths to light. When I used Amarra many years ago now, the sound was very good liked it a lot, but no DSD of course, and it had clunks and bugs, and the free standing version was no better looking than Foobar. It was a 1/2 assed effort.

This version looks promising, I will be keen to trial, but anticipating a rough ride, we'll see I suppose.

I hope they have an EQ for HD-800S.

Yeah, I know. Right now listening to Symphony 3.0.3 (evaluation). Buggy, laggy, no DSD without conversion to PCM. And the price tag...well, no thanks. But the new ones look promising. If only they would be more stable.

• 2 months later...
Amarra have just sent me a notification email and looking through their website I'm struggling to see the difference between 4 and 4 Luxe.

Can anyone enlighten me pls

Don't know about library management differences but 4 Luxe should bring pretty significant things like DoP; upsampling; TIDAL; iOS Remote, to name a few. Looks like it's finally getting on par with the likes of Audirvana and JRiver. But what about the sound quality and the reliability. I suppose we'll wait and see.