IGNORED

New Amarra 4

Drifted away from Amarra 3 due to it's terrible gui. Upgraded yesterday. Scanned my library quickly with no problems. I switched back and forth between 4 and A+, JRIVER using my HD650's. After awhile I found myself just listening to the music. (weird eh?). Checked and it was Amarra 4. So now I'll have A+ for MQA and Tidal, JRIVER for it's server and library functions and Amarra for carry me away listening. Maybe the luxe will narrow it down. As long as they don't go crazy with the pricing.

Thank you. I did scans, but it does not even keep those, that is why I tried to add to a library. Well, I'll keep trying a bit more, but at the current stage not too hopeful.

I found the trial did not keep the scanned library. Once I upgraded it did. It scanned my library with no hiccups but I have spent a lot of time getting the metadata right for A+ and JRIVER.

• 3 months later...

Even if I have to occasionally reload my library, the sound quality is so musical. It makes other software sound clinical. I have licenses for A4, A+3, JRiver and PM. My preference in sound at the moment in best to last order is A4, JRiver, A+3, PM. Usability - JRiver (media server), A+3, A4, PM. I am hoping Luxe will change that.

I suggest that those who want to mess with sampling use another software. Amarra's engine is more musical already than the others. If Tidal integration is done, a remote and library management is implemented it would provide for a great program to allow listening to the music.

The problem is... every time you play a song you will wonder "does that sound as good as A4?"  Then you'll run to the computer, make an adjustment and Happy Groundhog Day. Over and over. There goes the enjoyment of music replaced by the enjoyment? of knob twisting. Just saying

Well I don't want to be closed minded so I tried preQursor2 with A+3. I tried the different presets suggested above and then went back to A4. I like the sound better with A4 and will stick with it until the next big thing. If I want to play with settings I will use A+3 and upsample to DSD. I have all my files in flac and have been very careful with tagging. They load pretty flawlessly in A4. Thanks for the suggested plugin. Awaiting Luxe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

If I didn't love the sound so much I wouldn't attempt this again. So I cleared my library. Then I am using the "scan for music button" to add each artist one at a time. I know this may be difficult for large libraries. My thoughts were that I would add them as I felt like listening to something from them. In the previous library I had one album that just would not load all the tracks no matter what I did. Now when I added just that artist and let it save... voila, there were the tracks. Time will tell if this works. I have both JRiver and A+ 3 but I keep coming back to the analog sound of A4L. I do let JRiver media server run in the background for DLNA to my OPPO and to the JRemote app for hi rez streaming when not at home.

• 2 months later...