IGNORED

New Amarra 4

26 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

There is.  Just write to Ralph and Sonic Studios, say you are from CA, and ask him to set you up.  There is a beta for A4 Luxe and the Remote.  As has been expressed ad nauseam, A 4 Luxe SQ is excellent, stability is good - library management is woeful.

Much appreciated and will do! - What are the issues with the library management? That's a real shame just when things are looking a lot sexier than the previous version/s... :|

On 6/9/2017 at 1:33 PM, DancingSea said:

Write to Ralph and ask to added to the beta test group.  I'm sure they'll help you.

Just to provide an update - have not heard back from Ralph on getting on the beta program - I had also called and left them a message last week. Any other ideas/suggestions...?

8 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

I'd keep calling them.  Ralph is a good dude.  He must be behind on his email correspondences.  There are times when I write that I get a very swift response.  And other times, no response at all.  I suggest that your correspondence include something about buying a product other than Luxe, something that they could possibly make money on.  

There was a time some months ago that he put many of us on the beta test program - I'm guessing they don't need any more testers.  As I mentioned, Luxe and A4 sound the same.  Luxe just has a few more features like the remote, and the EQ.  Both have an immature library management system.  On the positive, both are quite stable.

Much appreciated - I'll try calling them again. The other thing I need with the Luxe version, is to be able to play DSD without the PCM conversion which I believe the current Amarra 4 version does not do. The other issue with A4 is that it doesn't support .ISO files like A+ does, so I will have to break up the files into individual files, but that is a blessing in disguise as you can then set the metadata for those files for artwork, track info. etc. :-) 

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Yes, that's true.  I haven't got into DSD so much yet, so for me its just the remote and EQ.  Best of luck with Sir Ralph.

Thanks - just tried calling and no one there to take my call again. Followed up with another e-mail - fingers crossed although if I can't get something soon and the date extends which looks like it will do, then I may just upgrade my A+ and call it a day - as much as I would like to try the new Amarra Luxe 4... 

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

For me, there needs to be DSD over DoP and DSD upsampling before I get too excited. 

All the other major major players have had these features for a very long time. 

Agreed! - Once Sonic eventually implements the DSD features, I may then move over to A4 Luxe from Audirvana Plus but until then...