Dreaming Jester

New Amarra 4

I'm trialling Amarra Luxe now, it does sound good but very slow/glitchy on windows10. Is it same for Mac? 

3 hours ago, NickDun said:

It's not the most reliable software on a Mac no ... I dont manage anything in it. All my music is held on disk and then I import into the library whenever it crashes (not too frequently), hangs on quitting (very often) or when I want to add something new (unpredictable behaviours expected). It seems incapable of searching for a song, especially on Qobuz, but searching for an artist is ok, and sometimes finding an album works. But dont expect to do too many searches before it will freeze.

So ... just know what you want to listen to, find a track on a discography site outside it and then search for artist and look for the album that track is on. Finding classical music is frankly a nightmare.

I have learned where it puts stuff so I dont fight it anymore. I cancelled my payment twice but came back to it because for me it still sounds the best. Test? Under African Skies on the Paul Simon Gracelands album ... the cowbell at the end sounds like a cowbell on Amarra ... it sounds like a cymbal on things like Audirvana.

Nick

Yes, can't fault the SQ. I might try the Amarra for Tidal version instead. 

4 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

IMO, the latest version works fairly well, although it certainly does have its glitches—database wise.🙁

I keep persevering with it because I haven't found a sound quality I prefer.🙂

I'm currently comparing to Roon and A+ and am surprised Amarra is much better. it seems to lift a veil so that each recording sounds very different and the musical details are revealed. 

3 hours ago, DancingSea said:

As a veteran of the Amarra swamp lands, I eventually gave up entirely on it.  With Roon plus HQPlayer 4 (backend) I'm able to get equally good sound, and an infinitely better library management system and iPad remote.  Amarra was so tedious to use.  Roon is smooth like butter, never a glitch, ever.  I ended up buying a Roon lifetime license.

This is without upsampling I assume?