IGNORED

wifi nano iDSD Vs Emotiva Stealth DC-1

Before I purchased the ifi NANO I read a lot of positive posts about it, now I'm thinking about going up (I Think) to the Emotiva Stealth DC-1. Thoughts please. Opp's typo in title I can't seem to edit out.

Not heard a Nano.

The Stealth is a very nice sounding, well conceived, well put together DAC. Don't think you would go wrong with it.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Not heard a Nano.

The Stealth is a very nice sounding, well conceived, well put together DAC. Don't think you would go wrong with it.

Thank You for the reply. It has a preamp in it and I have purchased the parasound 2100 classic preamp so I feel like I may be wasting some more having two preamps. I know it sounds crazy.

Thank You for the reply. It has a preamp in it and I have purchased the parasound 2100 classic preamp so I feel like I may be wasting some more having two preamps. I know it sounds crazy.

The Stealth works great as a DAC/pre-amp. Then again, you aren't obligated to use it that way. The remote control I think will sway you into using it for volume control.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Thanks but wouldn't I be at an advantage using my Parasound preamp?

I don't know there will be lots of difference either way. If you have it, see what suits you best of course. I think DACs have gotten so good there just isn't much difference. You could try something that is a DAC only and keep the pre, and I doubt you would benefit. If you have reason to use the sub out on the Parasound then that is a plus worth having. Even Parasound only has a DAC/headphone/pre in their lineup.

I don't know there will be lots of difference either way. If you have it, see what suits you best of course. I think DACs have gotten so good there just isn't much difference. You could try something that is a DAC only and keep the pre, and I doubt you would benefit. If you have reason to use the sub out on the Parasound then that is a plus worth having. Even Parasound only has a DAC/headphone/pre in their lineup.

Looks like I jumped too soon on the Parasound 2100 classic preamp I should have got the Zdac v2. Ya live and ya learn