IGNORED

iFi's Pro iDSD (official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.

Any news or a link to the new mini widgets. The signal cleaners black and red ones? Couldn't find anything...

Apologies off topic...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Once we can share ANY informations, rest assured we will :)

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

While waiting for some further info (i.e.: when will the product be released......?), I've a question.

Is the set of products meant for the electricity purification (iPurifier, iDefender, iSilencer...) going to be needed in conjunction with Pro iDSD, or are their functions already taken into account within the DAC?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
While waiting for some further info (i.e.: when will the product be released......?), I've a question.

Is the set of products meant for the electricity purification (iPurifier, iDefender, iSilencer...) going to be needed in conjunction with Pro iDSD, or are their functions already taken into account within the DAC?

Thanks in advance!

We'll get back to that once official iDSD Pro information afloats, but it's safe to assume that our products usually have our tech inside to some degree.

Ok I'm out, this is a joke now, recommend everyone here look into the Holo Audio Spring DAC as an alternative to the idsd Pro.

No headphone output on the HoloAudio Spring dac. Base model $1,699, Level 3 $2,399 (promo price) -$2,599. Tim Connor (aka Kitsunehifi aka @Bimmer100), who worked on the Level 3, seems to love the iFi Pro-iCan: https://kitsunehifi.com/product/ifi-audio-pro-ican/. But that combo puts us into very different pricing territory.

Remember that iFi went back to the drawing board on this one, so this caused a substantial delay. October brought us a prototype of the Pro iDSD. Given that, it's a little early to expect final specs, isn't it? I think some who have anticipated this product from the beginning of the process are understandably impatient. But personally, having been burnt by rushed to market products in the past, I'd much rather wait.

No headphone output on the HoloAudio Spring dac. Base model $1,699, Level 3 $2,399 (promo price) -$2,599. Tim Connor (aka Kitsunehifi aka @Bimmer100), who worked on the Level 3, seems to love the iFi Pro-iCan: https://kitsunehifi.com/product/ifi-

audio-pro-ican/

. But that combo puts us into very different pricing territory.

Remember that iFi went back to the drawing board on this one, so this caused a substantial delay. October brought us a prototype of the Pro iDSD. Given that, it's a little early to expect final specs, isn't it? I think some who have anticipated this product from the beginning of the process are understandably impatient. But personally, having been burnt by rushed to market products in the past, I'd much rather wait.

Both are principally Digital to Analogue Converters though, most will be using between preamps or or speakers and computers, rather than for headphone use, being Ifi's top end DAC so far.

I understand Ifi went back to drawing board but this has been literally years and years now in the waiting, from way back when it was going to be known as the idsd Mini. Ifi Audio really need to present something soon in my view.

I am losing interest too. The mytek brooklyn Is catching my eye with the phono input. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already, but will the idsd pro have this? I see on on the photos what appears to be a phono grounding post. Can someone confirm/deny this? This will be the deciding factor for me.

I am losing interest too. The mytek brooklyn Is catching my eye with the phono input. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already, but will the idsd pro have this? I see on on the photos what appears to be a phono grounding post. Can someone confirm/deny this? This will be the deciding factor for me.

Vinyl is perhaps the most onerous source of all. It requires precise dialling-in of a multitude of settings. The iPhono2 user manual sheds more light on this. Please feel free to take a look:

http://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/data/manual/micro%20iPhono2%20User%20manual.pdf

Therefore, there are no plans to incorporate the iPhono2 or an iFi phonostage into the Pro iDSD. Neither will it have analogue inputs. It is a pure thoroughbred, fully balanced DAC with Headphone output.

• 2 weeks later...

My impressions were excellent the pro dac sounded through cans totally awesome and If I were a headfier I would surely prefer It over my brooklyn.

The Sound Is on par with the Brooklyn though quite different.. More Lush, flavored and shiny and immensely enjoyable. It didn't sound as extremely transparent as my Brooklyn and perhaps not quite as dynamic through the cans but It sounded as open and grainless and surely more fun especially through the tube output stage. I do not know how It would sound through a 2 channel system but I was left with the impression that when out (...sometime...) It will surely worth the expense by far and It will match many many hi end systems with It's easy to listen but still fully featured and balanced sound signature.

Despite the fact that i am still quite happy with my Brooklyn If I was on the market now I would definitely compare them before purchasing and who knows.. the added color (without the blur) and some other features of which the usb C input Is the only one revealed might win me over.

Listening to such a high value and matured product makes me really wonder what's keeping the Ifi guys from releasing it... It is truly a shame..

My impressions were even better Listening with the I can pro as well.. In fact if I were a headfier the combination would cause me many sleepless nights..

The dac was so good that the ifi guys present had to politely refuse the immediate payment for it a good friend tried to give in order to purchase It on the spot.. (Ok Just joking.. But It could be True..)

IMG_0407.jpg

My impressions were even better Listening with the I can pro as well.. In fact if I were a headfier the combination would cause me many sleepless nights..

The dac was so good that the ifi guys present had to politely refuse the immediate payment for it a good friend tried to give in order to purchase It on the spot.. (Ok Just joking.. But It could be True..)

We STILL aren't totally happy with it! So we aren't letting it out!