IGNORED

iFi's Pro iDSD (official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.

Also folks, AMR will be demoing two machines in the Colorado Audio Society Hospitality Suite at RMAF. Room 6007.

1.thumb.png.83b4668f1bedab309bdf189c6784d4c2.png

2.thumb.png.1a87dc466ead02a079af3f81459fbfc7.png

Yup, we're giving away Fast Blow fuses for Magnepan speakers! 2.5A for Magnepan 3.6/3.7 and 4A for other Magnepan machines.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

On 9/3/2018 at 6:21 PM, Holzohr said:

Update! It seems my USB cable (Supra) caused these clicks. Is that possible? I had these clicks yesterday morning and today again when switching on the DAC. After a while and several power cyclings the clicks have vanished yesterday but today I got the idea to remove the USB cable and voilá! No more clicks. It seems to work now (with my old Nuforce USB cable) *knocking on wood*

What else? I am waiting for this adaptor from China for my Sennheiser HD 660S.

Ok, another update.. Supra USB cable is ok but very stiff and the USB port of my ifi Pro iDSD seems to be "whacky" a bit. But everything is ok now. And I got the adaptor. The Sennheiser HD 660S comes with an additional balanced cable so only such a adaptor is needed.

ifi1.jpg

ifi2.jpg

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

Btw, I own a microRendu for two weeks and - 2-3 days ago - I noted that native DSD playback was not possible though everything seemed to be right in the Roon settings (DSD512). There was only noise to hear. Well, I emailed Jesus from Sonore yesterday about my problem and he recommended me to update the SonicOrbiterOS. I was confused a bit because my µR already already had the latest version 2.6 but Jesus wrote: just press the update button, then reboot and retest. What to say, voilá! Problem solved! Version is still 2.6 but native DSD playback is possible now. I guess it will be time for a more potent computer for the DSD512 upsampling thing now.

What I like with the Rendu is the SonoreUPnP app that makes a UPnP/DLNA streamer Roon-ready and yes, it works with the ethernet port of the ifi Pro iDSD. The drawback is to me it uses the Squeezebox protocol so I have to decide either I use the ethernet port for LMS or Roon. The app works very well so far, no matter of PCM or DSD64 (DoP) playback. Neither glitches between the formats.

ifi3.jpg

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

Folks, RMAF!

Amazing show, amazing vibe, amazing visitors, amazing hardware! And we're there!

111.thumb.jpg.abdd1e49cb4ae7ac2d74e63efe334279.jpg

Many of our products are to be found at our place, including the full Pro stack (Pro iESL + Pro iCAN + Pro iDSD) and a number of fabulous headphones; Focal Utopia, Final D8000 etc.

333.thumb.jpg.b67d27e4cc60d0ba4d8f7ddacc2a71e2.jpg222.thumb.jpg.3f9431b64a2d723b896d47e2f29494e1.jpg

And we have something very special in there too! The latest AMR DAC. For now we'll just put these pictures here, but in upcoming weeks we'll reveal more nfo about this machine!

444.thumb.jpg.8359f5155325c56dea7021a12cedd168.jpg555.thumb.jpg.0943e39365e0d05cf1e126c7e0e0445b.jpg

Hi,

I have the iDSD Pro and bought some extra tubes to try on it, but found out that is is not exactly tube roll friendly. It is a real pain to get to the tubes. I am still not able to get to them. 

What wrench is needed to remove the set screw on the second knob, so I can open the case to change tubes? The other knob set screws are T6 and the back of the case screws are T15 but the second knob screw is different. What wrench do i use?

Thank you

Stings

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 12:22 AM, Stings said:

Hi,

I have the iDSD Pro and bought some extra tubes to try on it, but found out that is is not exactly tube roll friendly. It is a real pain to get to the tubes. I am still not able to get to them. 

What wrench is needed to remove the set screw on the second knob, so I can open the case to change tubes? The other knob set screws are T6 and the back of the case screws are T15 but the second knob screw is different. What wrench do i use?

Thank you

Stings

You don't have to do anything with knobs. Just remove screws at the product's rear, apply some pressure and the whole PCB (still attached to front) will slide off. It's a bit tricky, but perfectly doable.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:22 PM, Stings said:

Hi,

Thank you

Stings

Please let me know if you get it working. I want to try it also but have zero experience with tubes.

Alienware R7 with Paul Pang V2 USB PCIE -> iFi Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Hifiman Susvara. Keeping it simple!

On 10/2/2018 at 9:22 PM, MoWa said:

Now we are waiting for the MQA support.

My ifi Micro iDSD BL sounds beautiful playing Tidal MQA files and that is despite it still pending a GTO-filter firmware upgrade for MAC users.

I believe my ifi Micro iDSD BL presently sounds better than my Pro iDSD, specifically for Tidal MQA files [assuming both devices are running through my Pro iCAN to either my headphones or home stereo].

The Micro is still awaiting the GTO filter, but it is fair to say the initial MQA firmware upgrade made to my Micro iDSD made for a significant difference so I'm expecting the Pro iDSD MQA firmware upgrade to 'restore order'.  Either way, I'm very keen for both products to fully deliver on the promise.

4 hours ago, datasyd said:

My ifi Micro iDSD BL sounds beautiful playing Tidal MQA files and that is despite it still pending a GTO-filter firmware upgrade for MAC users.

I believe my ifi Micro iDSD BL presently sounds better than my Pro iDSD, specifically for Tidal MQA files [assuming both devices are running through my Pro iCAN to either my headphones or home stereo].

The Micro is still awaiting the GTO filter, but it is fair to say the initial MQA firmware upgrade made to my Micro iDSD made for a significant difference so I'm expecting the Pro iDSD MQA firmware upgrade to 'restore order'.  Either way, I'm very keen for both products to fully deliver on the promise.

We're happy if you're happy! We'll deliver as promised.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:50 PM, AMR/iFi audio said:

You don't have to do anything with knobs. Just remove screws at the product's rear, apply some pressure and the whole PCB (still attached to front) will slide off. It's a bit tricky, but perfectly doable.

Hi, I have a question to ask: the tubes installed can be replaced with the same model or is possible test other types of tubes? There are tests already performed with other types of tubes?

On 10/26/2018 at 12:39 PM, danielet80 said:

Hi, I have a question to ask: the tubes installed can be replaced with the same model or is possible test other types of tubes? There are tests already performed with other types of tubes?

You can try, but we believe that besting tubes on-board is $$$ and improvement will be mild at best.

Is there anyway to have the iFi act as a Roon endpoint with its native ethernet or wifi? Any chance on it becoming RoonReady in the future?

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

37 minutes ago, Kelly said:

Is there anyway to have the iFi act as a Roon endpoint with its native ethernet or wifi? Any chance on it becoming RoonReady in the future?

I have a ticket with ifi asking the same question finalised October 28.

Reply:

At this moment the iDSD Pro doesn't support Roon network.

Theres a difference between discovering and enabling devices detected by Roon. 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

17 hours ago, One and a half said:

I have a ticket with ifi asking the same question finalised October 28.

Reply:

At this moment the iDSD Pro doesn't support Roon network.

Theres a difference between discovering and enabling devices detected by Roon. 

So what do you mean more specifically? Does that mean Roon can in fact play to the iFi just with reduced capability? Perhaps using upnp or LMS protocol? Have you done it successfully?

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

1 hour ago, Kelly said:

So what do you mean more specifically? Does that mean Roon can in fact play to the iFi just with reduced capability? Perhaps using upnp or LMS protocol? Have you done it successfully?

It means that certification to be Roon Ready is derived from Roon and not the manufacturer of the device. That’s the appendage from the ticket, summarised.

I don’t own an iDSD, was curious to see the progress of Roon compliance. There’s none, so it’s a no sale, simple decision.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

4 hours ago, Kelly said:

If you have a Rendu then you can use the ethernet input with help of the Sonore UPnP bridge app. 

Posted October 5

Of course I hope for an Roon ready update. More than for a MQA ready update in this case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, applesnowleo said:

Hello, I am using Roon with the Pro iDSD and an SMS 200 Ultra, and this works very well, DSD plays over DOP and I hope they include native on the next Eunhasu update, they support the micro and nano in native DSD and the ID is the same of the Pro iDSD so is very possible this will happen.

Roon does not support the Pro iDSD, it supports it with airplay protocol only, but airplay is very limited and poor compared to native RAAT support, so audio will be downsample to the airplay quality and that's terrible. 

The need for the RAAT protocol made me buy an SMS200 Ultra, after investing on the Roon infrastructure this is a need for future acquisitions. The combination of the SMS200 Ultra and Pro iDSD is impressive, but very expensive because the SMS 200 Ultra works best with an upgraded power supply.

If the RAAT protocol was included in the iDSD Pro the need for a SMS200 or other device like this could not be justified, to not talk about the added investment at least in my case.

Hi, could you clarify something here, when you say that the SMS200Ultra will only output DoP,  does the iDSD still remaster it to DSD512 or DSD1024.  I am just wondering what the purpose is of sending upsampled DSD from Roon to the SMS200Ultra in the first place if the iDSD Pro can do it's thing anyway... aren;t you just hogging bandwidth by doing conversions in Roon... or are you sending native DSD not upsampled from Roon to the SOTM?

On 11/16/2018 at 3:36 AM, Veri said:

About the iDSD Pro,

How do I know external word clock connection is doing anything?

Thank you!

As I mentioned in my review, there is no indicator on the front panel or display.

However, with the latest 2.0 beta firmware, I notice that if I disable or disconnect the external 10MHz clock, then the unit shows an error message that it has lost synchronization with the external clock. So - not the ideal solution, but at least a backdoor way to tell that the unit is using the reference 10MHz clock.

7 minutes ago, austinpop said:

As I mentioned in my review, there is no indicator on the front panel or display.

However, with the latest 2.0 beta firmware, I notice that if I disable or disconnect the external 10MHz clock, then the unit shows an error message that it has lost synchronization with the external clock. So - not the ideal solution, but at least a backdoor way to tell that the unit is using the reference 10MHz clock.

Excellent, thanks for the tip!

On 10/6/2018 at 10:34 PM, AMR/iFi audio said:

Folks, RMAF!

Amazing show, amazing vibe, amazing visitors, amazing hardware! And we're there!

111.thumb.jpg.abdd1e49cb4ae7ac2d74e63efe334279.jpg

Many of our products are to be found at our place, including the full Pro stack (Pro iESL + Pro iCAN + Pro iDSD) and a number of fabulous headphones; Focal Utopia, Final D8000 etc.

333.thumb.jpg.b67d27e4cc60d0ba4d8f7ddacc2a71e2.jpg222.thumb.jpg.3f9431b64a2d723b896d47e2f29494e1.jpg

And we have something very special in there too! The latest AMR DAC. For now we'll just put these pictures here, but in upcoming weeks we'll reveal more nfo about this machine!

444.thumb.jpg.8359f5155325c56dea7021a12cedd168.jpg555.thumb.jpg.0943e39365e0d05cf1e126c7e0e0445b.jpg

News from AMR?!? ?????