IGNORED

iFi's Pro iDSD (official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.

My impressions were excellent the pro dac sounded through cans totally awesome and If I were a headfier I would surely prefer It over my brooklyn.

The Sound Is on par with the Brooklyn though quite different.. More Lush, flavored and shiny and immensely enjoyable. It didn't sound as extremely transparent as my Brooklyn and perhaps not quite as dynamic through the cans but It sounded as open and grainless and surely more fun especially through the tube output stage. I do not know how It would sound through a 2 channel system but I was left with the impression that when out (...sometime...) It will surely worth the expense by far and It will match many many hi end systems with It's easy to listen but still fully featured and balanced sound signature.

Despite the fact that i am still quite happy with my Brooklyn If I was on the market now I would definitely compare them before purchasing and who knows.. the added color (without the blur) and some other features of which the usb C input Is the only one revealed might win me over.

Listening to such a high value and matured product makes me really wonder what's keeping the Ifi guys from releasing it... It is truly a shame..

My impressions were even better Listening with the I can pro as well.. In fact if I were a headfier the combination would cause me many sleepless nights..

The dac was so good that the ifi guys present had to politely refuse the immediate payment for it a good friend tried to give in order to purchase It on the spot.. (Ok Just joking.. But It could be True..)

IMG_0407.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very Impressive and considering the phenomenal price/ performance ratio of the cheap ifi dac amps I presume this dac will be killer.. Not without a price though.. At 3000eur approximately It is also very very close to the AMR dac.

In fact if someone has that sum available in cash the only thing from stopping them from going straight to the AMR 777 is it's much poorer format support. So will you update this as well I am not asking about the price as It is sure to go higher with any update..

Finally a personal comment. Even though at this price it is not realistically, financially  approachable by me at this point of my audiophile life I can't help but saying that If it had an Iphono2 incorporated instead of the tube output stage It would surely make me lose a few hours of sleep. So are there any plans for such a version anytime in the future?

Thanks for all the fun guys by a black label micro owner!..

8 hours ago, EVOLVIST said:

Because Mytek is doing it? :ph34r:

Me, I don't care for a phono stage.

I do It too with a Brooklyn And have been very impressed with the results. Anyway because I love Ifi have alot of records and I’m not really fond of tubes that is why I asked