IGNORED

ASIO or Real Tek

Okay, so I have a new Inspiron 15 7000 series, i7,16gRAM, etc. I am going to use this to also be my music playback device so I have installed Dirac. When I install Dirac Audio Processor and click Output Device, I get 2 choices, Kernel Streaming(Realtek HD Audio Output) or ASIO(Realtek ASIO). I would like to be able to use WASAPI, which was what I used in my old laptop. I have no outboard sound card, just feeding USB to my Schitt Bifrost. Which of the 3 choices is best and how do I do adjustments on WASAPI or ASIO, or better yet, how do I access those attributes.

Sorry to bother the community with stupid questions, but, if I do use the Realtek speaker out as a :sound card", how do I change the sampling rate in the properties dialog? My older laptop could do up to 32bit 192,000 and this new one can only do 24bit 24,000

So the DAC isn't showing as an option in Dirac? You should be able to see your DAC in the drop down box with whatever options you need. The realtek will be the laptops built in sound card. And I believe that Dirac will use exclusive mode on WASAPI which means it plays whatever sample rate it is given.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Okay, so I have a new Inspiron 15 7000 series, i7,16gRAM, etc. I am going to use this to also be my music playback device so I have installed Dirac. When I install Dirac Audio Processor and click Output Device, I get 2 choices, Kernel Streaming(Realtek HD Audio Output) or ASIO(Realtek ASIO). I would like to be able to use WASAPI, which was what I used in my old laptop. I have no outboard sound card, just feeding USB to my Schitt Bifrost. Which of the 3 choices is best and how do I do adjustments on WASAPI or ASIO, or better yet, how do I access those attributes.

You do not want to be using Realtek. You need to be in touch with Schiit about which driver they want you to use and how to interface that with Dirac. I do not believe you can use Wasapi as an output of Dirac Audio Processor.

I thought you could use WASAPI but I could be wrong, I use ASIO anyway, so apologies if my incorrect info has led you up the wrong path!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you can use Wasapi going into the DAP from the player software, but not coming out to the DAC driver. I think it avoids a conflict that way. I don't think you can have two different Wasapi connections running at the same time, as in player to DAP and DAP to DAC driver.

I used to use the DAP, but I am using Dirac's beta VST plugin to JRiver now. I just connect JRiver's output directly to the ASIO driver for my DAC. Dirac operates internally within JRiver with its connections assumed automatically. Yet, there is no loss of any Dirac functionality.