IGNORED

Hq player playlist

Does upsampling a redbook audio file to Dsd increase the noise associated with playing that file ?

No it doesn't. There's so much more dynamic range in DSD within the same bandwidth, that even with DSD64 there's tens of dB's extra headroom. But the exact figures depend on performance of the modulator.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Thanks . So it does increase noise .

Upsampling to Dsd is not bit perfect , is it ?

No it doesn't, as you see from the picture none of the DSD curves overlap with the RedBook box.

And you need to take into account that even if you send PCM data to the DAC chip, the DAC chip's output looks somewhat like the DSD curve, because it uses similar technique inside.

But I would say that the picture is almost completely bogus. It underestimates noise floor of good DSD modulators in the pass-band.

For example iFi iDSD Micro (with TI's DAC chip)...

1 kHz -60 dBFS sine using 24-bit PCM @44.1kHz sampling rate:

iDSD-micro-1k-441_-60dB.png

Here you can see the increasing noise floor and idle tones of the low order modulator inside DAC chip.

1 kHz -60 dBFS sine using DSD256:

iDSD-micro-1k-dsd256_-60dB.png

Here you seen only the low level high frequency spikes that are left over are interference from the XMOS USB interface.

Bye bye peabrain.

That was Mivera.

I don't see why anyone would want to do business with a person like Mivera when he continually breaks forum rules on many sites, gets banned, and comes back under a different name. When I think about good businesses and good people I talk to in the industry, and look at those peoples' forum posts, they are nothing like Mivera.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Bye bye peabrain.

That was ******.

I don't see why anyone would want to do business with a person like ******

I was just going to ask what his affiliation was...no one has that kind of knowledge without being affiliated with some product.

I just googled and it appears he does have a good respect for Miska and HQPlayer and this future product he advertises does sound interesting.

2: Hqplayer NAA: In this mode you can take advantage of the SOTA upsampling/modulation software called Hqplayer by Signalyst in Finland. If your DAC is has a DSD bypass mode, or is a discrete 1 bit DSD design, this software can upsample PCM to DSD with extremely good algorithms in order to take advantage of the clean simple signal path in the DAC. We will have a turnkey server running Hqplayer soon called the Superserve that runs Hqplayer with up-sampling support up to DSD 512. It will be so easy to use that all you will need to do is press the power button to get it going. No configuration required.

Does he not need some sort of agreement with Miska to do that?

http://www.******audio.com/

Bye bye peabrain.

That was ******.

I don't see why anyone would want to do business with a person like ****** when he continually breaks forum rules on many sites, gets banned, and comes back under a different name. When I think about good businesses and good people I talk to in the industry, and look at those peoples' forum posts, they are nothing like ******.

The psychology is so strange to me. I wonder if this side just comes out when he's behind a keyboard, or if he's this way in person (shudder).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

He may be at RMAF. His enthusiasm always seems to run against his self interest.

I'm trying to think of another person whose enthusiasm takes the form of a helpless predilection to tell everyone else they're wrong, but am hard pressed to think of anyone. :)

(That on top of the modus operandi of attempting multiple times to sneak back into forums where he's been banned, instead of asking the forum owners for permission and then behaving decently, which just seems beyond his capacity - thus my use of "helpless" as an adjective above.)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

So how do I Run HQ player on a SonicTransporter I5 ?

It is meant to integrate nicely with the microRendu

which has a HQ player output .

I have to run a second computer , don't I ?!?!?!

Yes [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

Bye bye peabrain.

That was ******.

I don't see why anyone would want to do business with a person like ****** when he continually breaks forum rules on many sites, gets banned, and comes back under a different name. When I think about good businesses and good people I talk to in the industry, and look at those peoples' forum posts, they are nothing like ******.

He is basically insane. He was even banned by his best buddy, the audio ayatollah! Besides trying to get business from the boards he also get most of his ideas, then adopts them for his own. The switching power supply he is using in his magic server is from a manufacture Alex C had mentioned. People here talk about fiber, next thing he is Mr. Metamucil... His DAC stuff if from DIY. smh
Besides trying to get business from the boards he also get most of his ideas, then adopts them for his own.

I am not going to defend him, as he probably is an ars, but the 3 condemning him seem to have condemned me too, and I actually think i am a decent guy (grin). Your sentence above actually sounds smart and doesn't seem like it should be a knock on him...and the fact that he designed a "black box server" that runs hqplayer and can be used with roon seems like a brilliant idea....i wish he wasn't disliked so much so he would talk about it here (grin).

His box could probably be used with jriver too....it sounds exactly like what MANY people want.

The psychology is so strange to me. I wonder if this side just comes out when he's behind a keyboard, or if he's this way in person (shudder).
Well Jud,

Here is a photo from his site and some text from the same page... Go figure...

a72bad_439b00155ac9499dafb4a1acfeb2c24a~mv2.jpg

"Although we are a small operation, we have engineers in 8 countries working on the different subsections of our products. Globalization has made this type of operation not only practical, but essential in order to raise the bar in the information age. "

Sounds like the Great FOS Pumpkin Charlie Brown...

I am not going to defend him, as he probably is an ars, but the 3 condemning him seem to have condemned me too, and I actually think i am a decent guy (grin). Your sentence above actually sounds smart and doesn't seem like it should be a knock on him...and the fact that he designed a "black box server" that runs hqplayer and can be used with roon seems like a brilliant idea....i wish he wasn't disliked so much so he would talk about it here (grin).

His box could probably be used with jriver too....it sounds exactly like what MANY people want.

Since you feel both of you have beem condemned, maybe you can share some pumpkin pie as desert for your last meal. ;) All the black box server (as you call it) is a PS, a fiber transceiver, a MinnowBoard and AudioLinux. Oh, and with a substantial markup! Now here is something you can be up in arms about!

Many people building and doing exactly the same or very similar things. Bad form to take others work and claim them as your own. Audiophile plagiarism???

All the black box server (as you call it) is a PS, a fiber transceiver, a MinnowBoard and AudioLinux. Oh, and with a substantial markup! ?

you can probably reduce just about any "black box" to a similar description.

I like the idea that it runs hqplayer. Maybe it is something Miska can offer?

The concept sounds great...some way to use miska's DSP with a different GUI.

Many people building and doing exactly the same or very similar things. Bad form to take others work and claim them as your own. Audiophile plagiarism???

So is that why the annimosity? Someone here is trying to race to the market with similar product for less?

I hope so?! Tell us more?

you can probably reduce just about any "black box" to a similar description.

I like the idea that it runs hqplayer. Maybe it is something Miska can offer?

The concept sounds great...some way to use miska's DSP with a different GUI.

Every computer runs HQ player. In this case running the NAA on Intel running Linux. What is so unique? You can do the exact same thing. What different GUI? The small server is just an NAA, you still run the program on a faster main PC.

Make your own.

http://www.netgate.com/products/turbot.html?gclid=COGOs6LhzM8CFQskhgodZHUJdQ

http://www.tophifi.it/

Every computer runs HQ player. In this case running the NAA on Intel running Linux. What is so unique? You can do the exact same thing. What different GUI? The small server is just an NAA, you still run the program on a faster main PC.

So it won't have the ability to interface with, say Jriver, and somehow pick the "blackbox"?

Right now, as i understand it, there is no way to configure jriver and play to HQPlayer without dragging and dropping files.

So it won't have the ability to interface with, say Jriver, and somehow pick the "blackbox"?

Right now, as i understand it, there is no way to configure jriver and play to HQPlayer without dragging and dropping files.

JR and HQP do not work together and I do not think they ever will. If you are ok with dropping folders into HQP you really do not need another program. Try to get accustom to how HQP handles files and just enjoy your music.
huh? what did you mean by this statement?

>>>Many people building and doing exactly the same or very similar things.

It sounds like you are saying someone else is working on something very similar? That is what i was hoping you would expand on?

You seem to think that people always have some financial motives. Most are here just share their ideas and experiences.
You seem to think that people always have some financial motives. Most are here just share their ideas and experiences.

Oh, ok..i thought you were talking first hand about someone designing a similar box for market.

I do think a good share of people visit this site for marketing purposes though (wink).

JR and HQP do not work together and I do not think they ever will. If you are ok with dropping folders into HQP you really do not need another program. Try to get accustom to how HQP handles files and just enjoy your music.

It sounded like his "black box" would allow JR and HQP to work together...but maybe not.

I actually am just dropping from my own file structure now on to HQPlayer playlist....easier than having to do from JR...but it's still rudimentary and will continue to keep my fingers crossed for something better.

The new item loading logic is now out on the just released 3.14.1 version.

On desktop GUI, single click just loads item on the transport, while double-click both loads and starts playback of the loaded item.

On touch/fullscreen GUI, in playlist editor double-click of an album or song performs similar add-play combination. In addition, in the playlist editor view double-clicking a playlist item switches playback to that song.