IGNORED

Laptop as Server with jremote on tablet

My old laptop, with Tidal and MC22 on it is beginning to have problems with the on board video. I just bought a new one and, this may be a dumb question, can I use the old laptop with my external drive attached(music), place it in the audio rack near my Schitt Bifrost and control it with JRemote? If there is another way to run Tidal and JRiver from a tablet or phone that controls the laptop, please clue me in. I would love to be able to use this set up to feed my Schitt, then into my intergrated amp.

Hi jcn3

I seem to remember that you are using JRiver as a UPnP renderer and getting it to stream from Tidal via an OpenHome controller app, especially seeing your sig with you using the BubbleUPnP Server helper application on the NAS, presumably to create an OpenHome renderer for JRiver. Odd that you don't now recommend something similar for the OP to get Tidal access!

If anything it should be even more straight forward, assuming the OP's tablet or phone is an Android device. In which case all that's needed is the excellent BubbleUPnP Android controller app, since it can be used with JRiver's standard UPnP renderer to stream from several online music services, including Tidal; the (similarly named) BubbleUPnP Server helper software (for OpenHome renderer emulation) therefore not being necessary.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Hi jcn3

I seem to remember that you are using JRiver as a UPnP renderer and getting it to stream from Tidal via an OpenHome controller app, especially seeing your sig with you using the BubbleUPnP Server helper application on the NAS, presumably to create an OpenHome renderer for JRiver. Odd that you don't now recommend something similar for the OP to get Tidal access!

If anything it should be even more straight forward, assuming the OP's tablet or phone is an Android device. In which case all that's needed is the excellent BubbleUPnP Android controller app, since it can be used with JRiver's standard UPnP renderer to stream from several online music services, including Tidal; the (similarly named) BubbleUPnP Server helper software (for OpenHome renderer emulation) therefore not being necessary.

You are right that I'm using minimserver and bubbleupnp on my NAS -- I think it's a great solution with Kazoo as a control app. The op would do well by that approach.

My comment to the op was intended to give a simple solution to his question. A remote desktop app allows full emulation and requires only one device -- just thought it might be easier. Probably should have elaborated . . .

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100