IGNORED

Need recommendation on Raspberry PI tweak so that start up every time vs leave it on

IQ_AV

Hi CA Community:

I had seen a posting here that its possible to have the Raspbian OS to run in RAM and not depend on the SD card, hence, able to restart RPI everytime vs leave it on. I am using a RPI3 + Hifiberry Digi + WiFi for my renderer. I am not able to find the article so far and reaching out to you kind folks to give me a pointer on how to do this. I did see the use of tmpfs and making the SD card read only in google but am hoping to hear from this community for a music only implementation.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

I would start looking into hardware options which support switch on / switch off, such as the followings (apologies they are in French, but Google Translate should be good enough):

AUDIOPHONICS PI-SPC Power Management Module for Raspberry Pi - Audiophonics

Black Aluminium Momentary Switch with blue ring and connector Ø19mm - Audiophonics

AUDIOPHONICS I-Sabre V3 DAC ES9023 TCXO Raspberry Pi 2 / Pi 3 A+ B+ / I2S - Audiophonics