IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

• 4 weeks later...

Wikipedia:

"Abida Parveen is referred as one of the world's greatest mystic singers. She sings mainly ghazals, Thumri, Khyal, Qawwali, Raga (raag), Sufi rock, Classical, Semi-classical music and her forte, Kafis, a solo genre accompanied by percussion and harmonium, using a repertoire of songs by Sufi poets. Parveen sings in Urdu, Sindhi, Saraiki, Punjabi, Arabic and Persian."

"Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is a Pakistani musician, primarily of Qawwali, a devotional music of the Muslim Sufis. Khan is one of the biggest and highest paid singers in Pakistan. He is the nephew of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, son of Farrukh Fateh Ali Khan and also grandson of Qawwali singer Fateh Ali Khan. In addition to Qawwali, he also performs ghazals and other light music."

IMHO this is simply breathtaking.

About 10 years ago I bought this album from Jambinai, Difference via Qobuz. I bought it pretty much for this song, there was no other way to get it. Some songs are pretty noisy but the rest seems nice and well recorded worth rediscovering.

Edited: indeed very well recorded.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

• 1 month later...

AI Song Contest Winner 2021.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

It is also worth checking out some of the other AI entries per the link below:

https://www.aisongcontest.com/blog/ai-song-contest-music-videos

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

@Confused I won't hide I'm a little bit confused 9_9 by the two above posts, I know a thread where they'd fit better though..:)

Yes, rereading your words in the OP I have to agree.  Feel free to shamelessly steal the links for more appropriate posting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Money Chicha is an Austin, Texas based group featuring members of the Grammy-award winning Latin orchestra Grupo Fantasma and its offshoot funk outfit Brownout which performs a fuzzed-out, reverb-drenched and percussion-heavy style of music inspired by the sounds of Peru and Colombia in the 60s and 70s. This style of music, sometimes called “chicha” music, is known for its infectious Latin beat, its psychedelic, surf guitar pyrotechnics and its melodies influenced by the indigenous culture of the Andes mountains."

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2021 at 10:20 PM, sphinxsix said:

Just discovered this very good musician. 

Strong Coltrane influence usually doesn't bother me.

Don't skip his 'I Believe' with Uri Caine, Greg Cohen and great Joey Baron. It's fantastic!

(issued by... you've guessed it right)

Tzadik

One of Tzadik's 'impossible' fusion albums - David Gould 'Adonai in Dub' (Tzadik's Radical Jewish Culture Series).

David Gould – Adonai In Dub (2001, CD) - Discogs

Allmusic -  Thom Jurek:

"Now this is where radical Jewish culture gets radical. David "Solid" Gould is the bassist in the popular New York ska band John Brown's Body. According to the (always) sketchy Tzadik liner notes, he has long been fascinated with the spiritual relationship between deep roots, dub reggae, and Judaism. In 2000 he released the album Adonai on the tiny I-Town label; it was a collection of the same prayers used here, with prominent vocals and song forms that serve as the models for these dub versions. Here, Gould -- with dub remixer Jamie Saft -- has taken these gorgeous Hebrew prayers and melodies backed by a reggae rhythm section and thrown them into a ghostly apparition of Lee Perry's Black Ark studio. Voices slip through the mix, chanting in deep Hebrew cantorial accents; guitars, Hammond B-3s, pianos, percussion, and horns slip in and out of the mix like spirits that are swallowed into a huge cauldron of echo, distortion, and skeletal yet bubbly rhythms. Time and space begin to slide away during the middle of "Hinei Ma Tov Dub," where a deep-throated cantor is swallowed whole by the swirling rhythm and string extensions that stretch his voice all the way back to the Sinai Desert and Moses as it meets I-Roy in '70s Jamaica. On "Leha Dodi Dub," the rhythms are chunked up and become almost funky before Saft starts to take apart what is driving them and creates split loops out of the guitar lines and pastes them up against the horns before the rhythm finally rises, victorious. There are dub noisescapes that would be industrial were it not for their traditional Hebrew melodies that waft throughout the big, pumping basses and distorted-beyond-all-reason percussion ("Adonai Noise Dub"). The vocals of Amy Glicklich are present on the last three tracks, enhanced from their original contexts on Adonai and I, but here, especially on "V'nemar Dybbuk Dub," they provide a heart of silence amid the effect-laden proceedings, and as the older melodies creep in behind her over six minutes, the boundaried walls of history begin to come down. And it should be added that these aren't just digital dub takes of the originals; these are reconstructed versions that take great liberties with melody, harmony, and especially rhythm in order to create the bridge Gould seeks so desperately. By the time "Yigdal Dub" whispers to a close with its Yiddish melody that moves against an Ennio Morricone-like meter scheme, a ska rhythm backdrop, and Glicklich's ethereal vocal, that bridge, however tenuously constructed, stands even if only as an apparition for a few moments after the disc ends. But in and of itself, that is quite an achievement. Tzadik just keeps the good stuff coming. For those interested in the original Adonai and I, visit www.itownrecords.com, which features full Hebrew texts and translations, bonus tracks, and producer's mixes."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...