sphinxsix

Amazing Music of the World.

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Seneca disagreed.  So does Chris Rock.

OK, I'll bite. What does Seneca say?

"If works of art were judged democratically--that is, according to how many people like them--kitsch would easily defeat all its competitors,"  Thomas Kulka, Kitsch and Art

6 minutes ago, rando said:

That's what I figured. 🙄  Audiophile style hit 'n run.

"If works of art were judged democratically--that is, according to how many people like them--kitsch would easily defeat all its competitors,"  Thomas Kulka, Kitsch and Art

Life on music subforum isn't easy for some..x-D

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

Hey, is that new red ring around your glyph something you got from Lucent?

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

No, it's custom made in Japan. You want one.?

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

Very striking! I love it...reminds me of Kaz Tanahashi's calligraphy:

1068288070_download(2).jpg.90b189f7c11e0729c49236f32537fff6.jpg

TanahashiKazuaki_enso4.jpg.2bdbbf4873ff660b8f6510b76dfe29ce.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensō

58 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Very striking! I love it...reminds me of Kaz Tanahashi's calligraphy:

1068288070_download(2).jpg.90b189f7c11e0729c49236f32537fff6.jpg

TanahashiKazuaki_enso4.jpg.2bdbbf4873ff660b8f6510b76dfe29ce.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensō

Wow, beautiful modern ensōs! I'm huge fan of this simple graphic form. Have to get a nice ensō clock some day e.g.

(just noticed it's actually the same enso that is used in my profile photo, well, the times of internet..)

image.png.d210f7850a2797abc36667b94aa622cc.png 

And maybe also this :D

image.png.8afd57a5962286855b4ddbc66e30fe68.png

―  William Shakespeare.

39 minutes ago, rando said:

Thanks for putting the idea into my head somewhere out there might be a very distraught person with a Computer Audiophile tattoo.

There surely is one (probably even more than one)!

From Audioasylum.com :

image.png.2e69ebf3fa501dbdf8e5015c624399b4.png

image.png.115edbc0c476a069a883827442b19fff.png

As for computer audiophile tattoo it would probably have to be something like that :)

image.png.00b42771f7a111a4fb75c3fded4c710c.png

My theory is: whatever you can imagine it's possible to find it somewhere either in the present or in the (usually near) future..

―  William Shakespeare.

44 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

My theory is: whatever you can imagine it's possible to find it somewhere either in the present or in the (usually near) future..

I believe it is the opposite: what ever you think exists was imagined by you.

59 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

I believe it is the opposite: what ever you think exists was imagined by you.

That would mean that e.g. the fact that you don't understand @rando is just a figment of your imagination hence it would consequently mean that you understand him very well.. ;)

How was your stay in India this year.?

―  William Shakespeare.

5 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

That would mean that e.g. the fact that you don't understand @rando is just a figment of your imagination hence it would mean that you understand him very well.. ;)

How was your stay in India this year.?

If I do not understand something it means only I do not understand it... And yes, it is pure imagination, also in cases when I seem to understand someone or something well. How It would be otherwise?)

India - it was very good, thank you!

2 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

India - it was very good, thank you!

Glad to hear that!

―  William Shakespeare.

On 4/16/2019 at 2:51 AM, sphinxsix said:

Yes!  Does it pass JIS?  Is it made by Accuphase?  or any other Kenwood splinter group?  And can I get a nice tsuba on the end?

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

53 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Yes!  Does it pass JIS?  Is it made by Accuphase?  or any other Kenwood splinter group?  And can I get a nice tsuba on the end?

Oh..I'm sorry but you are late. Accwai got it.

―  William Shakespeare.

well, maybe I can get  knock-off from Thailand, or Mexico, or...

14 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

well, maybe I can get knocked-off...

♥️

Here's a really cool Japanese version of "Wipe Out" for ya, Muffy:

44 minutes ago, accwai said:

Umm... This seems to be a even cooler wipe out, JapaneseStyle(.com):

Wow! Even I in my good old days didn't drive like that! x-D

―  William Shakespeare.