IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

She's a "French" Pop/Melodramatic singer. Her exotic charm is in the "melo" aspect. 

International ... not quite exactly truly accurately exquisitely uniquely describely sensitively sensibly the full international as in the world as we know it intentional term. 

But she'll do because music matters from anywhere and anyone beautiful melodies. 🎶 

... In my opinion. ... Of course. 🎙️

On 1/23/2019 at 1:46 AM, Ralf11 said:

How about some Japanese Flute music?

I need to replace (update) an old cassette tape from the '70s....

All I wrote on the label was "Koto - Japanese Flute"...

What would be a good recording to allow me to cross this thing off my list and toss the cassette?

I have this CD:

MI0002761486.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

https://www.allmusic.com/album/l-esprit-du-silence-the-spirit-of-silence-mw0000612888

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

12 hours ago, semente said:

I was told that Bregović steals music from other artist and treats his musicians in a nasty way...

I had zero clue; I've just learned it now from you. 

Still I like happy world music, dance music, ... I go beyond the original roots. 

12 hours ago, semente said:

I love Conte but I wouldn't call it not music of the world. Soon everything will fit the topic...all music comes from somewhere.

Of but this is world music (international), please make no mistake. 

Even world music encompasses millions of genres; from calypso to gypsy to tango to Nana Mouskouri to Charles Aznavour to George Moustaki to Serge Reggiani to Gilbert Becaud to Ennio Morricone to all International artists of the world. 

That's my experience having worked and seen them in concerts, from the international stage. 

44 minutes ago, Don Blas De Lezo said:

So The Beatles,  Kraftwerk, and Julio Iglesias are all world music also then ?  they are all from next to France :)

True; pop music, electronica music and easy listening music.

Carla Bruni; she's soft Pop, French soft Pop from France. I'm very easy and very happy to have discovered her in this very own world music thread. I love her smooth voice and style. It's not your regular pop music...it has soul, liquid soul, French romance, world's essence.

_____

Bonus:

14 hours ago, Axial said:

Nana Mouskouri to Charles Aznavour to George Moustaki to Serge Reggiani to Gilbert Becaud

All "western" countries have their own local version of rock, pop, light, jazz, etc.

@sphinxsix will correct me but I presume that this kind of music is not what the topic is about. I think a bit of fusion is OK but it's mostly about ethnic, traditional, folk music.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

1 hour ago, semente said:

All "western" countries have their own local version of rock, pop, light, jazz, etc.

@sphinxsix will correct me but I presume that this kind of music is not what the topic is about. I think a bit of fusion is OK but it's mostly about ethnic, traditional, folk music.

I agree. I've already expressed my thoughts above. World music, ethno, folk and world fusion - like I said in the post starting this thread 'anything that has ethnic roots or just such an element' gentlemen, please otherwise it may end up as e.g. Italo disco thread x-D

On 1/26/2019 at 3:43 PM, sphinxsix said:

Ok guys, as an OP I'm asking kindly to stick to the classic, widely approved meaning of terms : 'world music', 'world_fusion', 'ethno' and 'folk'. The fact that some band comes from another country doesn't mean it performs 'world music'. I'm sorry - Charles Aznavour and Ennio Morricone didn't perform or compose world music (:D). The music must have some folk/ethno roots to be called 'world music'. It's indisputable :) BTW I don't mind French music at all, maybe it's a good idea for a separate thread.

You are the OP; I agree. It's your thread and and it's one of the best threads. 🎶

* French singers (International) can have their own thread.

One of these days I'll get to it. 😎